Can my Laos Gf visit the UK atm

Hi everybody. My Laos Girlfriend of 6 years has been to see me in the UK twice before and now has her 3rd visa to the UK which is a 2 year multi entry. It became valid in March 2020 but she hasn't visited yet due to covid.  We've not seen each other since October of 2019. With only 6 months left of the visa were wondering what our options are, any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated. 

PS .... Has anyone had a visa extended in my situation? 

Yes, she is able to visit, subject to satisfying the Border Force Officer that she’s still a genuine visitor, who will leave the UK at the conclusion of her visit, and certainly before the expiry of her visa.

She will need to take Covid tests before she flies and after arrival in the UK, complete a passenger location form and then isolate on her arrival.

She needs to avoid red list countries, like the UAE, enroute otherwise she’ll be refused entry.

I don’t know what the conditions are for returning to Laos, of even is she can, but the conditions for returning to Thailand are quite arduous and expensive.

• Like 1

Cheers Theoldgit ... I made a call today to a travel agent, she said the Gf could fly from Laos to Shanghai and then onto the UK but would need tests prior to leaving a test on arrival and then 10 quarantine at my address.  

Going to keep an eye on the situation and hope things get a little easier. 

Also I fear on her return she may be stigmatised if people know she's been to the UK. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dippychipper69 said:

Cheers Theoldgit ... I made a call today to a travel agent, she said the Gf could fly from Laos to Shanghai and then onto the UK but would need tests prior to leaving a test on arrival and then 10 quarantine at my address.  

Going to keep an eye on the situation and hope things get a little easier. 

Also I fear on her return she may be stigmatised if people know she's been to the UK. 

Are there any international flights leaving Laos?  I understood it was still only special charters.

Hi Brewsterbudgen..... Im personally not sure of this. The agent I called couldn't search air Asia flights which she assumed would still be making flights to China.  The GF wouldn't have the confidence to make too many flights with transfers plus the form filling in English. So its not really feasible.

Has anybody in similar circumstances had a visa extended ? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Dippychipper69 said:

Hi Brewsterbudgen..... Im personally not sure of this. The agent I called couldn't search air Asia flights which she assumed would still be making flights to China.  The GF wouldn't have the confidence to make too many flights with transfers plus the form filling in English. So its not really feasible.

With enough web work you may be able to find examples of the forms she must fill. Then you could work with her to learn out to fill them when she encounters them.

Just a thought ; may not be possible.

17 hours ago, Dippychipper69 said:

Lao Airlines have just announced some charter flights to Bangkok, and there are flights from Bangkok to the UK. However, it's not straightforward as there are conditions. I'll try to post the link later.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

atm... At The Moment. Good question.

Can she visit the UK atm? Hard to say... Can she walk? Yes, then probably, yes, she can.  

I'm guessing English isn't your first language 555.

Just joking ...stay safe and keep making me laugh.

Here are the details about the Lao Airlines charter flights to Bangkok:

????Lao Airlines special flights Vientiane – Bangkok – Vientiane on July, August & September 2021.
????Flight schedule
????16th & 29th July 2021
✈️ (QV443) Vientiane-Bangkok
Departure 11:45 Arrival 13:05
✈️ (QV444) Bangkok-Vientiane
Departure 14:05 Arrival 15:25
????13th & 29th August 2021
✈️ (QV443) Vientiane-Bangkok
Departure 11:45 Arrival 13:05
✈️ (QV444) Bangkok-Vientiane
Departure 14:05 Arrival 15:25
????10th & 23rd September 2021