Will tourism reopenings and more stimulus be enough to kick-start Thailand’s post-pandemic economic recovery?

webfact

4 hours ago, adammike said:

I don't know about US resorts but nearly all EU countries require proof of vaccination and a negative test,there is some quarantine as well.Here in the Netherlands the media are reporting that masks will not be needed from next week.The infection rate is dropping fast except for 16-24 year olds,that's rising fast mainly with those returning from Spain, Portugal and one other country I think it was Greece.Dont hold your breath expecting things to get back to normal any time soon.

For a european traveller, Spain/Italy clearly is a far better option than Thailand.Greece, as well, though I don't know their rules, but these might not be much different than others in Europe, I think.

In Spain/Italy you can enter, as tourist, even if you are not fully vaccinated or have gone through coronavirus before.You will need a negative coronatest, taken up to 72 hours before arriving.

Then you need the Passenger Locator Form ( is required in all EU countries, I think), which is easy to fill in.

And, at arrival. you must notify the local health authorities.

As a sidenote, the region of Andalucia offers free health and travel insurance to all travellers.What they need to do is to stay at a recognized tourist location.That's all, in case of infection, sickness, isolation as close contact, costs will be covered.Have to say, though, that EU travellers are covered through their european blue card anyway, but this card does not cover extra lodging, in case of close contact to a confirmed positive test(you will be required to go into isolation) and, most likely, many travellers will have their own insurances.But just the idea of welcoming tourists.

Edited by drenddy

i am vaccinated and from i have read even if I contact the wuhan virus, or its variants, the result will be minor sickness. The problem with being a tourist in Thailand is the idiocy involved upon arrival. 

3 covid tests in 14 days in Phuket? what happens if one of those shows a false positive? 

I have excellent medical insurance but in the USA medical insurance only lists what it WILL NOT cover, it doesnt state it WILL cover covid or lockjaw or leprosy or.... The Thai solution  is to buy rip off Thai covid insurance. NO THANKS!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Blumpie said:

It doesn't really matter if the virus is getting out of control in the country that you are "vacationing" to.

Thailand has some serious serious problems right now with this virus and egg is all over their faces and it is truly unfortunate.  The government gambled that it would just burn out but that didn't happen.  

This is an entirely different animal.  

Can you imagine?  Coming for a vacation and they are getting people to sleep on cardboard beds in field hospitals?  I mean who can make this **** up?  

Thailand's worst days are better than most countries best days.  I fail to see how it is out of control unless you have a wild imagination.  The government gambled? Please explain. 

Can surely find many mistakes if you look hard enough but out of control seems like a person that needs a drama.

The hospital with cardboard beds is for non-critical Covid patients and a great idea.  Have you looked at the pictures?  Pretty cool IMO.  Great foresight, many ICU beds still open in BK but just in case they throw up a temporary hospital with 700+ staff largely from provinces with few infections,  120 CCTV cams, 100 life support machines just incase and most importantly many free WIFI.  All you see is cardboard beds - strange.