Thailand reports 3,058 new COVID-19 cases, 22 more deaths

webfact

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

And herd immunity has not been proven anywhere yet, it is just a myth in my book at this point. Maybe several years from now we may have it, but nowhere close now.

Actually, in the small city of Serrana which was part of an experiment to see how effective vaccination was, when the level reached 75% of all adults vaccinated, something like herd immunity was reached. 25% of the unvaccinated adults had already had covid. So together that's a bit over 80 percent. And this was with using coronavac which is not nearly as effective as stopping transmission as most other vaccines.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/city-brazil-returns-normal-after-almost-all-adults-get-vaccinated-against-covid-19-180977897/

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, dinsdale said:

14-20k infections and 170-200+deaths a wk which hasn't changed for a couple of months since the situation was allowed to get out of control. Vaccination rate poor. B.1.617.2 now starting to circulate. My question is what is going to change in the next 4 months to allow full openning. 

Same as what is happening all over the world to reduce infection/death rate………vaccine rollout on a grand scale. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

Antibiotics, as in used to treat bacteria?

from what I read virus are far less likely to become vaccine resistant. Maybe it’s an issue, but I think it’s quite far down the list from new variants.

Like McLean [41], we see no reason to be complacent. A growing body of evidence suggests that pathogens may be evolving in response to several vaccines currently in widespread use [1,2,10,20,22], and serotype replacement is clear in several cases [19]. We are concerned that pathogen adaptation may undermine existing and next generation vaccines that induce immune responses at rather few target sites and that fail to provide adequate control of replication and transmission.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5378080/#RSPB20162562C10

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

And herd immunity has not been proven anywhere yet, it is just a myth in my book at this point. Maybe several years from now we may have it, but nowhere close now.

agree - they keek quoting this 70% figure that is striaght out of the early 2020 playbook, add to that the efficacy of the Chinese vaccine as yet unknown against the varriants that are now sweeping the world - my guess would be that the Inda variant will become rampant here very soon if not already and they will discover that most of their vaccinations will be null and void and ineffective.....................................there is also the possibility that a new variant will appear that makes all the current vaccines null and void and all countries will have to start over  

• Like 2

Learned from colleague in SG that they have an app... you make appointment and it reminds you, then it shows how protected you are, based on time since vaccination (and it's in red), then reminder for second vaccine appointment and status of protection after it. Only 3-4 weeks after second shot it goes to green.

It could be improved by estimated percentage... like you're green when it's over 67% for instance... and maybe update it, based on percentage of different strains reported, possibly visually show what measures should still be taken at that particular state of protection.... It would be a great app to make here as well. It's very straight forward and gives people a reminder that shot itself doesn't mean anything, it takes time to take effect.

• Like 2

#COVID19 update in #Thailand on Friday: Since 1 April 2021

181,919 people infected (+19 imported cases and +3,039 local cases)

1,483 dead +22

32,795 in care

1,360 in ICU and 378 on ventilators

4,094 discharged from care

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1405760601549205505

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

Learned from colleague in SG that they have an app... you make appointment and it reminds you, then it shows how protected you are, based on time since vaccination (and it's in red), then reminder for second vaccine appointment and status of protection after it. Only 3-4 weeks after second shot it goes to green.

It could be improved by estimated percentage... like you're green when it's over 67% for instance... and maybe update it, based on percentage of different strains reported, possibly visually show what measures should still be taken at that particular state of protection.... It would be a great app to make here as well. It's very straight forward and gives people a reminder that shot itself doesn't mean anything, it takes time to take effect.

But don't worry, Thais are so clever and they have invented so many things that shortly they will claim that they have invented a covid Delta variant deterrent.

This is the new proposed colour-coded map of Thailand for next week: DARK RED: Bangkok, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Samut Prakan RED: Chachoengsao, Chonburi, Trang, Nakhon Pathom, Pattani, Phetchaburi, Songkhla, Samut Sakhon, Saraburi, Yala, Narathiwat [1/2]

BROWN: Chanthaburi, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya, Ranong, Rayong, Ratchaburi, Sa Kaeo, Samut Songkhram YELLOW: 53 other provinces [2/2] #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1405762358010470405

#BREAKING:

@oc_ccsa

relaxes measures in “highest risk and strict control zones” in 4 provinces incl. BK, allowing events up to 50 ppl, restaurants to open until 11pm and 50% capacity (up from 25%), but still no alcohol to be served anywhere. This takes effect on Monday, June 21

https://twitter.com/SaksithCNA/status/1405762850199511041

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 2

#UPDATE: Thailand to end free, state-sponsored mandatory quarantine for arrivals from abroad. From July 1, all Thais have to pay for their own quarantine similarly to those offered to foreign arrivals.
Quote Tweet

There’ll be some exceptions for state-sponsored quarantine (e.g. repatriations, those that can’t afford to pay for their own quarantine hotel, those that cross into Thailand by land etc), but broadly speaking anybody arriving by air has to pay for their own hotel.

CCSA General meeting chaired by Prime Minister on 18 June 2021 just concluded : Discussed quarantine management, starting 1 July, all Thai nationals will have to enter Alternative Quarantine (AQ) (self-pay of costs). (1/2)

Edited by anchadian

22 minutes ago, anchadian said:

#COVID19 update in #Thailand on Friday: Since 1 April 2021

181,919 people infected (+19 imported cases and +3,039 local cases)

1,483 dead +22

32,795 in care

1,360 in ICU and 378 on ventilators

4,094 discharged from care

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1405760601549205505

2,044 hospital walk ins, I thought it may go down a bit but it keeps rising, now the highest figure since the 27th April. The pro active community testing seems to have come to a complete flatline of around 500 daily and yet they are now easing restrictions in Bangkok and red zones. 

I can honestly say I'm very confused. What is the plan here? Hide the severity of the outbreak only to revert back to uncontrollable levels later? Or are they putting all their faith on the vaccine roll out and throw caution to the wind.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, anchadian said:

Thailand's Vaccine Tracker (June 18, 2021) About 2.97 percent of the population is fully vaccinated, with 5,252,531 (+137,776) people received the first dose, while 1,967,137 (+78,109) received the second dose. #วัคซีนโควิด19 #ฉีดวัคซีน #COVID19 #Thailand #KE

Destined to be 'under maintenance' in the future when failure becomes unavoidable....

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

2,044 hospital walk ins, I thought it may go down a bit but it keeps rising, now the highest figure since the 27th April. The pro active community testing seems to have come to a complete flatline of around 500 daily and yet they are now easing restrictions in Bangkok and red zones. 

I can honestly say I'm very confused. What is the plan here? Hide the severity of the outbreak only to revert back to uncontrollable levels later? Or are they putting all their faith on the vaccine roll out and throw caution to the wind.

Probably they are putting their faith in Amulets donated to them by dead people ????

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

I fear that no matter what the data says, they will just go ahead and open. As is currently the case with Phuket.

the stupid thing is, they are working against themselves. Not only are they taking a health risk, if they get over run with Covid, there will be no tourists anyway.

It’s a very high risk gamble economically as well as medically.

And the high risk Gamble is just not a short term one.

If the Phuket sandbox and the October 1 st complete  opening go terribly wrong. ( which most indicators say that they will ), the Tourism Sectors will be in ruins for many years, as Tourists will not Thailands honesty

#UPDATE:

@oc_ccsa

details finalized rules for the #PhuketSandbox starting on July 1: - foreign tourists must be fully vaccinated and come from a “low or medium-risk country” - must stay on the island for 2 weeks before traveling elsewhere in Thailand and do regular tests

@oc_ccsa

also notes that the #PhuketSandbox can also be suspended if the #COVID19 situation causes more than 90 new infections per week.

https://twitter.com/SaksithCNA/status/1405769085330157568

Edited by anchadian

14 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I think option B is the way the game is being played.

The way in which the government are behaving suggests to me that all is not rosy with the cash flow.

Tourists at all costs seems to be the remit

• Like 1

4 hours ago, anchadian said:

Southeast Asia saw the highest number of Covid-19 cases in over a month on Thursday, while the death toll was the second highest, collated data showed.

nationthailand
U4H1yiSI?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://www.nationthailand.com/international/40002167

Myanmar figures ROFLMAO ????

This despite a porous border with India. Infact Mynamar is most likely to blame for the rise of cases in Thailand. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, anchadian said:

#UPDATE:

@oc_ccsa

details finalized rules for the #PhuketSandbox starting on July 1: - foreign tourists must be fully vaccinated and come from a “low or medium-risk country” - must stay on the island for 2 weeks before traveling elsewhere in Thailand and do regular tests

@oc_ccsa

also notes that the #PhuketSandbox can also be suspended if the #COVID19 situation causes more than 90 new infections per week.

https://twitter.com/SaksithCNA/status/1405769085330157568

90 cases in a week and it will be closed down? 

50 minutes ago, anchadian said:

This is the new proposed colour-coded map of Thailand for next week: DARK RED: Bangkok, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Samut Prakan RED: Chachoengsao, Chonburi, Trang, Nakhon Pathom, Pattani, Phetchaburi, Songkhla, Samut Sakhon, Saraburi, Yala, Narathiwat [1/2]

BROWN: Chanthaburi, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya, Ranong, Rayong, Ratchaburi, Sa Kaeo, Samut Songkhram YELLOW: 53 other provinces [2/2] #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1405762358010470405

Dark red, is that the color of Prayuts face after he finds that this thing has wiggled out of his grasp again....

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

But if you are vaccinated, you are not immune, are you? You simply have a reduced chance of acting as a host for the virus.

and you are still missing the point. Just because 70% of a population has been vaccinated, it does not make that entire population immune. Ergo, “herd immunity” at 70% vaccinated, is a myth. The “herd” is not immune.

THAT was the point being made and which you keep avoiding.

It is very common for diseases to be effectively eradicated by vaccinating large portions of the population. Do you disagree? 

The question is the necessary level of vaccination to effectively eradicate Covid-19. I don't know what that level is. 

46 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Obviously the epidemic is getting worse, but the pro-active testing case numbers are getting lower. This is getting ominous. 

If this keeps up, they are going to have to stop publishing hospital walk-in case numbers. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

It is very common for diseases to be effectively eradicated by vaccinating large portions of the population. Do you disagree? 

The question is the necessary level of vaccination to effectively eradicate Covid-19. I don't know what that level is. 

No one knows what that level is, and we will not know until it is achieved unfortunately, may be years.....do you remember the swine flu from the 1976, it lead to a mass vaccination program as well and well........

https://www.who.int/bulletin/volumes/87/6/09-040609/en/

33 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

If you are trying to imply that influenza is as deadly as COVID-19, you are seriously deluded. 

Cherrypicking data to misinformed people during an epidemic is evil. Please tell me that you aren't intending to fool people about this. 

All I have done is provided the statistics, something no one else is doing, have you asked yourself why that is, or could that be a conspiracy theory, do the math and tell me that I am wrong, these are the statistics or am I missing something statistically speaking ?

Who is cherry picking.

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Like 1