Moderna Vaccine at Pattaya Memorial Hospital 4,000 baht deposit for maybe October-- good idea or not?

Jingthing

4 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

The way things have gone here, no way I would pay upfront for that vaccine.

Not sure what you mean exactly.

I definitely think paying dies doesn't come close to guaranteeing that you would actually get Moderna in October.

But what do you mean the way things are going?

Where are they going?

Have there been even any promises of a timetable where expats can get jabs here and even if there was such a promise we couldn't know if it's real.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

How can 4,000 baht be a deposit?  I read in the past 3800 baht would be the total cost for 2 doses of Moderna?  To be honest(sometimes a rare thing in LOS) this "scheme" sounds more like "pay upfront" without any guarantees?  If I lived in Pattaya I would pass on this "opportunity".  

It is 3800, this hospital is charging more, possibly as many foreigners there. I have registed for a few vaccines, there is no limit. 

3 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

So the 4,000 is actually payment for the vaccine and not a deposit.  How about a refund if one cancels or the vaccine never arrives or is delayed into 2022?  "The Devil is in the details"?  

Refund ....5555....good one.

The 4,000 baht does not cover the full cost of the two jabs. There are doctor's fees and they reserve the right to change the price. As said, this is overall a VERY VAGUE offer but it's the only most us in Pattaya have at this time.

Please everyone read this again....

There are Dr fees......This could be any amount.....1,000. 3,000, 5,000 its like buying a car without knowing the full price.....

And they reserve the right to change the price.....again....They could add 1,000 3,000 5,000 on to the price......

And to top it all off you can only make a purchase till June 25.......Hard sell......

Do as you will but at least think about what they have said here.....

I don't care very much about the price. I care about getting some kind of vaccine ASAP. Yes, of course, Moderna and Pfizer would be better. Yeah of course we'd be getting gouged for price. But the question really isn't that. It's whether people putting money down now will actually get the Moderna in October and ALSO if there will be other options much sooner like Astra Zenica ("free" but again that isn't the main issue). 

4,000, 10,000, compare to a trip back "home" or getting infected!

Anyway, that all said, it's now GAME OVER for this topic:

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

So people, bottom line, are you going to shell out the 4K baht to Pattaya Memorial in the hope of a future Moderna, or not, and why? You must do this by June 25 if you want to. 

I would go for this in a heartbeat and still have the AZ if it became available in the meantime. The deadline does sound a bit fishy, as someone commented, but I'd be prepared to write that off as a "get it while you can" marketing thing. I think the offer is real enough although I'm skeptical about whether they'll be able to deliver in October. Even allowing for 2-3 months' slippage, it's worth it in my eyes - you're not really going to miss 4k, it's a better vaccine than any you're going to get through the state program, and there are good reasons to think that getting a different vaccine as a booster is likely to give you broader protection. I have had Pfizer x 2 but am still going to get J&J before leaving the US, and I'm not in a high risk group.

Because of the reported message from the hospital saying this offer has been stopped, at least for now, I am going to request that this thread be CLOSED with the contingency that it should be opened AGAIN if they open this up again.

Cheers.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Because of the reported message from the hospital saying this offer has been stopped, at least for now, I am going to request that this thread be CLOSED with the contingency that it should be opened AGAIN if they open this up again.

Cheers.

What reported message ? Where is it ?

As per the OP the topic can now be closed as bookings have now been closed.