Thailand reports 3,682 new COVID-19 cases, 20 deaths

Jonathan Fairfield

43 minutes ago, Blumpie said:

I wouldn't worry about people flooding into the country.  

I wouldn't worry about hardly anyone going there.  

I don't worry . I only feel pity for the poverty that will come because of a lack of vision and the big greed of the military and the Government

5 minutes ago, Caldera said:

Let's also not forget that China, Thailand's biggest market for inbound tourists, has never waived state quarantine for returning Chinese citizens, and is unlikely to do so for the remainder of this year at the very least

Can Chinese even travel to Thailand. 

Many travel in tours. Didn't Chinese gov close that option? 

14 day quarantine on return would be a big No for many Chinese. I thought most of the Chinese tourists where a quick shortish stay. Couple of weeks? 

Don't think that the Chinese will be knocking the door down.

• Like 2

It seems to me they are playing a dangerous game by relaxing restrictions while case numbers continue to rise during the current tougher restrictions.

Struggling to see any logic in that…

In terms of the 120 day re-opening. I understand many offices in Bangkok have pushed out closure until at least 31 July. Re-opening on 1 August is the current target, however, I see that as optimistic given current cases, the usual slow declining tail in new cases and the sheer hassle of finding an infection in your workplace, such as everyone sent home for quarantine, office shut for deep cleaning etc. 

5 minutes ago, realfunster said:

It seems to me they are playing a dangerous game by relaxing restrictions while case numbers continue to rise during the current tougher restrictions.

Struggling to see any logic in that…

In terms of the 120 day re-opening. I understand many offices in Bangkok have pushed out closure until at least 31 July. Re-opening on 1 August is the current target, however, I see that as optimistic given current cases, the usual slow declining tail in new cases and the sheer hassle of finding an infection in your workplace, such as everyone sent home for quarantine, office shut for deep cleaning etc. 

What do you mean by"offices" in Bangkok? Most offices have remained open and just allowed some staff to work from home. But the vast majority have remained open.

Edited by brewsterbudgen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

The numbers are rubbish. You cannot have new positives of say 3500 and the next day 3507. It's a fantasy. 

What number would be more real? 3669, 4000 2000, yawn...  Probably at least 1 out of 300 chance of being identical.  So every 300 days you would have proof.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Thailand's Vaccine Tracker (June 20, 2021) About 3.17 percent of the population is fully vaccinated, with 5,486,092 (+51,973) people received the first dose, while 2,101,086 (+52,122) received the second dose. #วัคซีนโควิด19 #ฉีดวัคซีน #COVID19 #Thailand #KE

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1406489010420150282

Lot better than many predicted and supply is slowly catching up with demand.  Probably offering free car lotteries by end of year to entice people to get shots.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, anchadian said:

As of Sunday, 1,374 (+31) patients are in critical condition, with 390 (+7) of them relying on ventilator.

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1406486381413638145

#COVID19 update in #Thailand on Sunday:

Since 1 April 2021

189,268 people infected (+40 imported cases and +3,642 local cases)

1,535 dead +20

32,743 in care 1,374 in ICU and 390 on ventilators

2,401 discharged from care

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1406491719407865859

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

It’s amazing that the people who constantly claimed that the flat numbers were proof that the numbers were fake are not stepping up to say they were wrong

Of course they are wrong. Don’t test, don’t find. Most of the cases in that number are walk ins.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

The numbers are rubbish. You cannot have new positives of say 3500 and the next day 3507. It's a fantasy. 

Why not? It could just as likely be 3500 and 3500 again....

I go along with your sentiment though, the numbers have remained in a tight band for longer than is credible... we are just beginning to see an upward trend.

The first shipment of 1M doses of #Sinopharm vaccine arrives at Suvarnabhumi Airport on Sunday morning. The doses are imported by Chulabhorn Royal Academy as a paid "alternative vaccine." Over 17,000 businesses and schools have signed up for the doses, which cost 888 baht each.

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1406496849574330372

3 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

SINGAPORE — There is a significant risk of "vaccine breakthrough" with the Sinovac vaccine, or CoronaVac, with international evidence showing that many who had taken it were later infected with COVID-19, said the Ministry of Health's (MOH) director of medical services Kenneth Mak on Friday (18 June).

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/significant-problems-sinovac-vaccine-other-countries-moh-official-105357031.html

Very worrying. Basically Sinovac is next to useless against anything but initial few variants. Anyone having Sinovac should immediately get AZ or similar

• Like 1

Today there are 20 reported deaths in #Thailand:

13 males & 7 females

18 Thais & 2 Burmese

Median age is 66 (26-90 years)

Most deaths in Bangkok (11), Nakhon Pathom (3), Samut Prakan (2), plus 4 provinces with 1 each

7 infected by family members

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1406499510843416576

4 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Looks like we've lost the 2k+ average range and now moving onto a higher level daily's. As for the death count I personally don't trust that in the slightest.

Until they actually officially publish exactly how they classify covid related deaths then its unfortunately just numbers they are giving us with little meaning as to how they arrived at them.

Rolling 7 day average (up to 18th June only) which includes prison cases and bar chart of community cases.

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus/country/thailand

data 20 june.png

data 20 june 2.png

The 7 day rolling average is starting to look ominous because it seems to be increasing via community spread, not so much prison numbers, Plus I’m not aware of a lot of migrant worker camps clusters being discovered, indicating the increase is more from people who roam about normally, rather than cooped on a work site and/or dorm and therefore easily isolated. Maybe I am wrong on that, but I haven’t been conscious of announcements re migrant clusters.

and restrictions are being eased in deep red zones. It feels like a shoe is waiting to drop. Hope I am wrong.

• Like 2