Thailand reports 3,682 new COVID-19 cases, 20 deaths

Jonathan Fairfield

4 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Again you believe that deaths equate to cases, and low deaths equal low cases.  Your completely out in left field with that thinking.

There is a correlation between cases and deaths, albeit with a lag. You’re not going to have a million cases and 10 deaths.

11 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

#COVID19 UPDATE on SUNDAY: 20 deaths and 3,682 cases (578 from prisons).  

15 June: 3,000 - 19 dead

16 June: 2,331 - 40 dead

17 June: 3,129 - 30 dead

18 June: 3,058 - 22 dead

19 June: 3,667 - 32 dead

20 June: 3,682 - 20 dead <— TODAY

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1406421358314082308

Sorry, I can see that you are very careful with numbers and I would like to take this opportunity to ask you if you also know the daily deaths from complications due to seasonal flu.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

Show me, by quoting from my post, where I stated “the trajectory of the epidemic is changing”.

Justas about 2k became the norm, cases moved up to around the 2.5k level and went sideways there. Now they have moved up to about 3k and are starting to move sideways at that level.”

so, you use the official numbers to make a point, but then claim the official numbers can’t be believed.

7 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

If you have very infectious disease and have nothing or very little in place such as lockdowns etc then case numbers will increase. Thailand as very few folk with full inoculation and has very minor controls by way of lockdowns. Consistent daily positives does not make sense.

Meaning the numbers released daily are rubbish.

Except that Thailand has some heavy restrictions in place.

Even a country like Sweden with no national lockdowns has had fairly level case numbers.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

Highly doubtful. What is more likely is that they are lying to make Phuket seem safer than it is. 

One dose is not enough to stop symptomatic spread. A full vaccination is two does. If i was in Phuket during sandbox i would avoid everyone like the plague for the first 14 days. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, jacob29 said:

That's what I was referring to. The lockdown measures there don't seem significantly stricter than Thailand, yet cases are dropping.

Different type of people who might actually take the measures seriously.

Does Japan have these worker camps where foreign workers are packed in like a concentration camp, by people who have little regard for them?

Does Japan have any domestic travel restrictions right now? Thailand does not and we still see Bangkok residents all around the Pattaya  area at weekends. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I had to read that several times. Surely your kidding. 

Apparently you don’t own a bar.

I just cancelled a trip to Koh Samui because of restrictions you don’t think exist.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Classic. What exactly does this mean? You were the one saying it's plateaued. Platateaued at 1000. Plateaued at 2000. You my friend have got it sarse about. You were the one who kept saying it's going ok in the face of numbers going through the roof. I believe you need to change your medication. Personally I stay well away from Regency, SangSom, lao kao....... The logic in your statement is very confused. Let me, if you will change your post by changing one word. Only one word I promise.

"It’s amazing that the people who constantly claimed that the flat numbers were proof that the numbers were fake true are not stepping up to say they were wrong."

p.s. sarse isn't a word but I did see a girl today with a fantastic sarse.

When the numbers are flat, but the Doomsayers say they are going through the roof, then, sure, I point out that the numbers are flat.

The numbers are still not going through the roof.

• Haha 1