Thailand reports 3,682 new COVID-19 cases, 20 deaths

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Go look at the graphs for Japan. No flat consistent numbers for 2021

That's what I was referring to. The lockdown measures there don't seem significantly stricter than Thailand, yet cases are dropping.

Which is to say yes, it's possible the current lockdown measures are able to significantly inhibit the spread. Is this what has happened in reality? Hard to say, but I'm approaching this from the angle of whether it's plausible.

Jakarta has recently reopened high risk venues like bars after a period of relative stability, after which cases have risen dramatically in only a few weeks. Keeping these high risk venues closed should have an outsize effect.

1 hour ago, DavisH said:

Even if the testing numbers/cases are bs, just watch the change in the daily number of deaths. Or is there a government conspiracy to cover those up as well? The deaths are trackng the number of cases - relatively flat. 

Again you believe that deaths equate to cases, and low deaths equal low cases.  Your completely out in left field with that thinking.

• Like 1

The Bangkok Governor has issued an order to relax restrictions which will allow customers in restaurants to sit and eat up until 11pm, swimming pools can open, and convenience stores can open for service during normal hours, from Monday 21st June 64 onwards.

ImageImage

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1406530694545690631

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cake Monster said:

There have been other reports of " vaccine  breakthrough " concerning Sinovac from around the Globe.

Indonesian Health Workers got infected after jabs

Chile has reported a huge incident in Santiago ( the capital )

There are a couple of Countries in the Middle East that are having problems with this Vaccine also.

Possibly there could be more, but I cannot remember them.

Yea and obviously Thailand's Dr Yong is also concerned hence why he's now asked for volunteers for his study in mixing doses with one dose Sinovac and one dose AZ, to see if that improves its effectiveness sufficiently. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Why? Is it boring you? If so just don't participate in the Covid forum, plenty of others to read and get into discussions with others.

Yes  its  boring same old  argument  over and over, not  enough testing from one side and total  rebuttal from tuther, day after day.

13 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Yes  its  boring same old  argument  over and over, not  enough testing from one side and total  rebuttal from tuther, day after day.

Yet this is now your third post on this thread today........................

2 hours ago, DavisH said:

Even if the testing numbers/cases are bs, just watch the change in the daily number of deaths. Or is there a government conspiracy to cover those up as well? The deaths are trackng the number of cases - relatively flat. 

Are the cases flat?

seems to me that roughly 2k cases per day are now 3k cases per day. Roughly 50% increase. The interesting figure on deaths will be in about 2/3 weeks. The level then should be a reflection of the last few days cases.

I haven’t done the math on a 7 day rolling average of deaths, would be an interesting one to watch evolve over the next couple of weeks. Not predicting anything, just would be interested to see how it goes.

Edited by wensiensheng

Phillipines signed a deal for 40 m vaccines of Pfizer.. delivery starts 8 eight weeks from now... So end of August.. Why the so called deal with Thailand than only at the end of this year??  Something wrong I think and I can't understand why the media doesn.t grill Prayuth and the people don't react to this bunch of pocketfilling Government

Edited by ikke1959

15 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

Phillipines signed a deal for 40 m vaccines of Pfizer.. delivery starts 8 eight weeks from now... So end of August.. Why the so called deal with Thailand than only at the end of this year??  Something wrong I think

I would have to agree with you.  As an old saying goes by Shakespeare "Somethings rotten in the State of Denmark" in essence replace Denmark in the below explanation with Thailand and you have the true meaning.:

https://literarydevices.net/something-is-rotten-in-the-state-of-denmark/#:~:text= Something is Rotten in the State of,It is found abundantly in literature%2C... More

It means that the situation of Denmark is similar to a fish that rots from head to tail, or in other words, it shows that everything is not good at top of political hierarchy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, realfunster said:

I can only speak of my own experiences and observations.

We followed the government “advice” received by the JFCCT and passed on to foreign companies and shut immediately after Songkran. Of course, we have a skeleton crew of 20 out of 500 keeping things ticking over but the office is ‘closed’ to all intents and purposes. A number of friends working at other Thai & foreign companies are under the same arrangement. Of course, this is a luxury afforded to some office workers as remote working can still be relatively productive. Other industries may require more physical presence at retail sites, factories etc.

Obviously, I don’t know what everyone is doing but I believe most foreign and larger Thai companies are primarily remote working. This sentiment was reinforced by my first office visit for 2 months last week, very light rush hour traffic (half my usual commuting time) and a largely deserted office building greeting me upon arrival. 

Like you, I can only speak of my own experience, which is of central Bangkok.  My commute to work covers Ploenchit to Siam, and the offices I pass on the way seem as busy as usual.  The lunch rush is certainly the same!  But obviously Bangkok is a big city, so it may be very different in other areas.  

Government offices like Immigration have certainly been working as normal. 

7 minutes ago, drenddy said:

What did we become... Following, every day, how many people get sick and die. 

So whats your point? Are you a denier of the truth that Covid is very much a life changer, or that its a farce? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ikke1959 said:

Something wrong I think and I can't understand why the media doesn.t grill Prayuth and the people don't react to this bunch of pocketfilling Government

Very wrong but the media are controlled by the maniacs in charge and anyone who puts their feeding troughs at risk is quickly silenced ......who can oppose them when they are self appointed by means of a charade election and residential attitude adjustment schemes.

Even on some sites not to mention any......if you too enthusiastically point out the truth about the lunatics such observations disappear quicker than brown envelopes at the procurement and contracts office.

Edited by sapson
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

So whats your point? Are you a denier of the truth that Covid is very much a life changer, or that its a farce? 

Oh, not at all...It is very much a painful reality. 

It's just this worldwide hecatombe of nearly sadist need to quantify despair and sickness. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, drenddy said:

Oh, not at all...It is very much a painful reality. 

It's just this worldwide hecatombe of nearly sadist need to quantify despair and sickness. 

Philosopher? Most folk on these threads are just trying to keep up with daily flip flops from gov.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Why are the daily numbers rubbish? 

Because the number of deaths continually represents/corresponds to almost 1% of the cases ?  How do you explain that ? 

10 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

so what I aint counting

Such an eloquent response to our rising numbers.  You put it so well.  Why bother trying anymore, you can not outdo yourself. You have reached the pinnacle.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Such an eloquent response to our rising numbers.  You put it so well.  Why bother trying anymore, you can not outdo yourself. You have reached the pinnacle.

Get real, what can YOU actually do, absolutely NOTHING, just back from 7-11 the old  hag who sits  outside selling food  has a mask under  her neck, she NEVER ever has  worn it and I go there 3-4  times a  week she's  there every night, they dont really give a  toss, absolutely none whatsoever.

And as for the "our rising numbers" Im not part of their team, thankfully, theyve made it abundantly clear they dont even want us in their team unless to relieve us  of  cash.

• Confused 2

40 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Caution voiced over premature reopening of Thailand to international visitors

A senior doctor, at the Internal Medicine Department of the Faculty of Medicine at Mahidol University, has voiced caution over premature reopening of Thailand to foreign arrivals in October, pointing out that vaccination of 50 million Thais, to begin development of herd immunity, should not be the only consideration behind such a decision.

Associate Professor Dr. Nithipat Jiankul, chief of the respiratory disease and tuberculosis department, said that, besides the mass vaccination operation, the decision to open the country must also take into consideration the domestic health system, the national economy and security.

If new daily infections are still at about 3,000, or more than 300 people are in need of ventilators with more than a dozen fatalities each day, he said that it is better for the country to remain closed.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/caution-voiced-over-premature-reopening-of-thailand-to-international-visitors/

Considering that the government is at nowhere near the run rate that it needs to be to get 50 million Thai’s vaccinated by the end of the year, let alone in 120 days, it doesn’t seem to me that even THAT is a consideration, let alone anything else.

24 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Get real, what can YOU actually do, absolutely NOTHING, just back from 7-11 the old  hag who sits  outside selling food  has a mask under  her neck, she NEVER ever has  worn it and I go there 3-4  times a  week she's  there every night, they dont really give a  toss, absolutely none whatsoever.

And as for the "our rising numbers" Im not part of their team, thankfully, theyve made it abundantly clear they dont even want us in their team unless to relieve us  of  cash.

So your just here to vent, got it.  Enjoy