Thai Covid-19 Center considering request from business owners to re-open entertainment venues and bars, asks for industry to send proposals for rules and guidelines

snoop1130

2 minutes ago, smedly said:

what I have read over the last months, confined spaces are bad open air is good 

Empty open air spaces are excellent.

Those packed with people.... nah.

Edited by jacko45k

As long as all workers/employees and patrons are vaccinated maybe give it go. This includes sex workers, who should probably be made part of the social security scheme.

Edited by mtls2005

18 minutes ago, charmonman said:

If nobody goes to the “grubby little bars” what would be the harm in letting them open? Hardly likely to be a mass spreading event if no one goes, right? You might try to have a little compassion for the thousands upon thousands who have been left high and dry instead of ridiculing them.

Don’t know where you live but around me there are some very nice bars not the ones you suggest 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

Go to my local gym could be up to 30 at any time no masks hot sweaty bodies yet if I went to my local bar maybe 10/15 people having a quiet drink not hot and sweaty either so MR PM what’s the difference indeed I’m more worried about getting Covid in the gym than down my local or worst still down the walk in street with many Thais on a Saturday with there face masks around there necks rather than on there mouths.

So you think gyms should be closed?

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

As long as all workers/employees and patrons are vaccinated maybe give it go. This includes sex workers, who should probably be made part of the social security scheme.

Vaccinated with what? All the noise Prayuth was making last month about vaccinating 500,000 per day seems to have gone very quiet! 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, charmonman said:

If nobody goes to the “grubby little bars” what would be the harm in letting them open? Hardly likely to be a mass spreading event if no one goes, right? You might try to have a little compassion for the thousands upon thousands who have been left high and dry instead of ridiculing them.

the pretty girls will stay home messing with the local boys..they will send their grandma to meet prince charming  HAHAHA

10 minutes ago, chicowoodduck said:

Not to burst anyone’s bubble, but the whole bar industry is dead from the neck up.....it will come back, but not in my lifetime

How much longer are you expecting to live, champ?

Because I'm pretty sure that bars are going to be back as soon as restrictions are lifted and they are allowed to be. There's a lot of pent-up demand out there.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

I thought the current outbreak started in some of these joints. Totally preposterous to consider letting them reopen as  they rely on "social non distancing" to function and generate income. Would be totally hypocritical, as everyone knows that they would infringe all Covid rules from the word Go. And them asking now for guidelines they would never follow is just driven by desperation, as they are aware that only the vaccines can relieve their predicament and this, at the current rate of progress, probably not before mid next year.

@Boomer6969 watch out there's a joy sponge about.  

2 hours ago, petermik said:

The owner of CP (one of Thailand's richest men) has business interests in Sinovac... that's why ????

Of course, that would explain the widespread global use.

Last weekend, China reached a milestone of having administered more than one billion doses of its homegrown COVID-19 vaccines, the majority of which were developed by local companies Sinovac and Sinopharm.

What’s more, hundreds of millions of doses of these vaccines have been shipped to more than 80 countries worldwide.

https://theconversation.com/what-are-the-sinopharm-and-sinovac-vaccines-and-how-effective-are-they-two-experts-explain-162258

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

How will CCSA respond?

1. Tell them to wait until October

2. Agree to provide subsidies.

3. Tell them to pound sand.

4. agree to study ways to open bars with limits on capacity.

5. Do exactly as the PM tells them to

I filled in #5 for you as that's how these things usually turn out these days.

The time when the CCSA had a mind and voice of its own are, sadly, long gone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As a fellow Hypocrite I say...  who will follow guidelines and rules in an industry that already doesnt follow the guidelines and rules.  Is the foresight still lacking as the new Variant, just as the other three Variants before, is alrrady worse and taking hold in other countries.  I mean when will anyone learn from history.   If you dont vaccinate, open these venues, and the nee strain enters the country, the only thing that will happen is they will open for a couple months.  Then more will have the Delta Variant start spreading through the country, and then close again.  How many times will wash, rinse and repeat happen before people learn?

13 hours ago, smedly said:

Why did the choose sinovac - I suspect it is because Chinese suppliers are quite flexible when it comes to budgets and accountability 

Same reason they chose Chinese submarines and Chinese railways.

14 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

It would appear that the current outbreak was not caused by such places but was caused by so called hiso establishments in Bangkok importing foreign girls for rich peoples entertainment.

Ooooh....Go wash your mouth out.......????

• Like 1

16 hours ago, bangsaenguy said:

And I thought the govt started the current wave by encouraging people to drive during Songkran and spend money. Current clusters are found in factories, not bars. 

"Current clusters are found in factories, not bars."

I agree with your comment re Songkran, but the reason why there are no current or even recent  clusters in bars is because they have all been CLOSED for months!

16 hours ago, Nsp64 said:

Nobody here to go to the bars anyway.

Maybe a few of the upscale bars will be ok but not these grubby little bars full of bar girls begging for drinks.

Stay in the fields growing rice girls, your prince charmings have gone.

Sounds like your lust for life and your libido has gone as well

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Boomer6969 said:

I thought the current outbreak started in some of these joints. Totally preposterous to consider letting them reopen as  they rely on "social non distancing" to function and generate income. Would be totally hypocritical, as everyone knows that they would infringe all Covid rules from the word Go. And them asking now for guidelines they would never follow is just driven by desperation, as they are aware that only the vaccines can relieve their predicament and this, at the current rate of progress, probably not before mid next year.

as they are aware that only the vaccines can relieve their predicament and this, at the current rate of progress, probably not before mid next year.

You mean the way the vaccine program has relieved the predicament in the UK? If that's your plan, bars and clubs might as well demolish starting tomorrow.

5 hours ago, Guderian said:

I filled in #5 for you as that's how these things usually turn out these days.

The time when the CCSA had a mind and voice of its own are, sadly, long gone.

As seems to be the case globally when taking Covid advice. Only listened to when fitting current government agreed narrative.

8 hours ago, charmonman said:

He's not able to go, just jealous and wants nobody else having any fun.