Reopening of Phuket and Surat Thani to foreign tourists confirmed for July

snoop1130

9 hours ago, madmitch said:

If you're right, it wouldn't be the first time there's been a Covid-cluster cover up in Phuket, allegedly. Talk was rife a few weeks ago of an outbreak in a card school in Karon that was hidden to prevent embarrassment for local police and government officials.

Hidden? Really?  Or was it on the facebook page that you couldn't read because it was in Thai language?

https://www.facebook.com/83ssj/?__tn__=-UC*F

46 minutes ago, oldcpu said:

Hidden? Really?  Or was it on the facebook page that you couldn't read because it was in Thai language?

https://www.facebook.com/83ssj/?__tn__=-UC*F

I can't read Thai. You are correct. But, please, there is no need to be condescending.

And this case was all gossip FYI without making the official pages. I do have family that read these pages.

1 hour ago, madmitch said:

And this case was all gossip FYI without making the official pages. I do have family that read these pages.

Fair enough.  ...

Then you also likely are familiar with there often being rumours that are borne out to be false as much as being borne out to be true.  

One of the markets close by to where I live in Phuket had a single POSITIVE case in the meat market area - so rumours were flying about there "could" be a dozen more cases, but once all the testing was done, they all came back NEGATIVE and the rumours stopped. 

Which is not to say there will not be more gossip as time goes on ... as that is common here - but it doesn't mean its true.

I suspect we are on the same page here - it does take time sometimes - for the official news to come out.

For example, there was a fire today in 'old' Central (I think 3rd floor restaurant < not sure > ) and all of 'old' Central was evacuated, and fire put out - but I have not seen any articles in local English language news yet.  Eventually it will show up - but it does take time.

Edited by oldcpu
  • Like 1

Thailand is really panicking about the loss of 'Farang Tourism' , all these half baked,stupid ideas to get the Farang dollars aint going to work as most countries in the world have closed or restricted there borders, I'm an Aussie that used to come to Thailand every year,until now we're not allowed to leave Australia and while you still have vast numbers of Thais catching this virus we wont be putting a foot in Thailand. This would be a good time for Thai authorities to reflect on all the racism,rudeness and general theft of money from tourists that we had to put up with in the past.We aren't stupid..!

On 6/23/2021 at 1:40 AM, TheFishman1 said:

Just stay 14 days in a hotel after one and has been tested negative and had their jabs Is ridiculous TIT

There goes my :fun in the sun' holiday, followed by another two weeks 'indoors' when I return.