Reopening of Phuket and Surat Thani to foreign tourists confirmed for July

snoop1130

11 hours ago, MasterBaker said:

Just wonder what kind of excuse they will have at the end of July. Surat Thani? Who ever goes there?

Surat Thani is also a province which includes Koh Samui, Koh Phangan and Koh Tao, hence their inclusion in this fantasy scheme.

29 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Who says i am complaining ?? I am just saying if you look at the prices of the website where they want you to book . I own my own property so i don't need to book anywhere so why would i be complaining ?? Do you work for the government or something that you are so quick to state that i am complaining . Or did you invest in one of these money grabbing hotels ?? Otherwise i don't realy understand your reaction . You can only react to my quote like that if you understand 0% of what i meant . 

sorry you are wrong, You CANNOT stay in your own property during Sandbox quarnatine. Unless your home is SHA Plus Approved??

you have completey no idea, 0% of your brain is reading this right now 

22 minutes ago, DBath said:

I can see it now...all those flights packed with passengers coming to check-in for their 14-day quarantine and pick up their GPS tracker bracelets, then eventually going to dinner at a nice restaurant where they'll be allowed NO ALCOHOL! After that they'll head for the bars and a massage shops, which will all be closed.

you are Wrong

• NO tracking bracelets.
  • Restaurant open selling alcohol
  • Massage Shops open

anything else you would like to be corrected with.

Pherhaps you will say 

• No sun in Phuket
  • No rain in phuket
  • No rice in phuket
  • nobody will come 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Gulfsailor said:

Uhm, I don’t think so. It specifically mentions that the first week one needs to stay on Samui, after which one can also visit Phangan and Tao. It’s easy to control entry and exit to the islands, but impossible to control  all entry points to the mainland part of the province. 

Which is not related at all to the post I replied to.

4 hours ago, DBath said:

Regardless....NOBODY WILL COME - not enough to matter, anyway.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say the  picture of the empty plane is accurate as well.

And it's "perhaps", not "Pherhaps" (I do understand though, in your incensed state, you had Phuket on your brain and forgot to drop the 'h').

Anything else you would like to be corrected with?

So you get corrected on the points you made, the bracelets which are not there, the restaurants that will sell a beer with dinner and the massage shops that will be open, and in response you come with a personal attack and irrelevant points to the reply made.

56 minutes ago, stevenl said:

So you get corrected on the points you made, the bracelets which are not there, the restaurants that will sell a beer with dinner and the massage shops that will be open, and in response you come with a personal attack and irrelevant points to the reply made.

You’re pretty much spot on in your assessment, chief. Except for what you said about the personal attack and the irrelevant points…

Maybe you’re the overly sensitive type or you think anyone who stands up to you or disagrees with you is an attacker - your problem, not mine. As far as me being irrelevant, I will tell you there is no way in heII this whacky sandbox scheme you seem to be supporting is going to get off the ground. And I’ve not seen one person on here besides you who is willing to stand up for this obvious circus act of a lost cause. 

And where has it ever been retracted that sandbox tourists won’t be required to wear tracking bracelets? Stop making up SHlT. 

Edited by DBath
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, DBath said:

And where has it ever been retracted that sandbox tourists won’t be required to wear tracking bracelets? Stop making up SHlT. 

Well, according to Richard Barrow, the wristbands were only suggested as an alternative for people without smartphones:

His post from the previous day:

I frequently disagree with stevenl, but he's probably correct that the wristbands won't be mandatory (you can install the app on one of your phones instead).

Edited by nkg
  • Like 1

I posted on here about the markets in Rawai being closed down, Yesterday the second one was closed as drove by lets see today if the third one is closed there hasbeen no info posted as to why I only hear from some locals,

Strange because these were never closed down since the first lockdown which I always thought was strange as these places get packed out,

If there is an outbreak in the area would it not be wise to inform the local people.........? 

22 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

I posted on here about the markets in Rawai being closed down, Yesterday the second one was closed as drove by lets see today if the third one is closed there hasbeen no info posted as to why I only hear from some locals,

Strange because these were never closed down since the first lockdown which I always thought was strange as these places get packed out,

If there is an outbreak in the area would it not be wise to inform the local people.........? 

If you're right, it wouldn't be the first time there's been a Covid-cluster cover up in Phuket, allegedly. Talk was rife a few weeks ago of an outbreak in a card school in Karon that was hidden to prevent embarrassment for local police and government officials.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, nkg said:

Well, according to Richard Barrow, the wristbands were only suggested as an alternative for people without smartphones:

I frequently disagree with stevenl, but he's probably correct that the wristbands won't be mandatory (you can install the app on one of your phones instead).

Your points considered, even though tracked via smartphone may seem less intrucive than a gps bracelet, bottom line is you’re going to be tracked, so why would anyone want to accept that or risk losing your money on lodging, because you happen to test positive upon arrival?

IMO, and my original point was: the sandbox is going to fail, because no significant amount of tourists will come. It’s that point that clearly triggered @stevenl and @bolt , not whether or not my information may have been a little stale.

Let’s face it, there’s still so much speculation and the information being reported changes - literally daily. 

Time will tell, I guess, but the opinions of most here clearly would indicate the sandbox is going to be nothing more than another poorly executed scheme. 

You can correct me if I’m wrong on that, when plane-loads of tourists arrive, but I wouldn’t bet money on it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, madmitch said:

If you're right, it wouldn't be the first time there's been a Covid-cluster cover up in Phuket, allegedly. Talk was rife a few weeks ago of an outbreak in a card school in Karon that was hidden to prevent embarrassment for local police and government officials.

I think there has been more than a few cover ups in Phuket 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bolt said:

sorry you are wrong, You CANNOT stay in your own property during Sandbox quarnatine. Unless your home is SHA Plus Approved??

you have completey no idea, 0% of your brain is reading this right now 

I am already in Thailand so i don't need to quarantine and i don't need any of those Approved SHA Plus or whatever . Don't try to be a smart!@#$ if you have 0% brain at all and just use your mouth for the same thing that you use your behind for .  

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

I am already in Thailand so i don't need to quarantine and i don't need any of those Approved SHA Plus or whatever . Don't try to be a smart!@#$ if you have 0% brain at all and just use your mouth for the same thing that you use your behind for .  

This was about rather i was complaining or not and about some prices that some hotels and websites where asking so had nothing to do with me having to stay in a hotel or whatever . So again , don't try to be a smart !@#$ and keep to the story don't wander of in that empty head of yours .

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/23/2021 at 8:50 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO no tourist calls the place Surathani province. They all refer to Samui, Phangan or Tao. The town is what people refer to when they say Surat Thani. I've passed through the town many times and that's as close as I wanted to get to it.

No worse than Samui! Nothing wrong with Surat Thani 

1 hour ago, DBath said:

Your points considered, even though tracked via smartphone may seem less intrucive than a gps bracelet, bottom line is you’re going to be tracked, so why would anyone want to accept that or risk losing your money on lodging, because you happen to test positive upon arrival?

IMO, and my original point was: the sandbox is going to fail, because no significant amount of tourists will come. It’s that point that clearly triggered @stevenl and @bolt , not whether or not my information may have been a little stale.

Let’s face it, there’s still so much speculation and the information being reported changes - literally daily. 

Time will tell, I guess, but the opinions of most here clearly would indicate the sandbox is going to be nothing more than another poorly executed scheme. 

You can correct me if I’m wrong on that, when plane-loads of tourists arrive, but I wouldn’t bet money on it. 

As I implied in my previous post, you could install the tracking app on your backup phone and leave it plugged into the charger in your hotel room, if you were very concerned about privacy,

Yes, the sandbox will "fail" insomuch as it will probably only attract tens of thousands of people between July - September. Almost all of whom will be returning expats.

Nov-Dec will be the real test.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

This was about rather i was complaining or not and about some prices that some hotels and websites where asking so had nothing to do with me having to stay in a hotel or whatever . So again , don't try to be a smart !@#$ and keep to the story don't wander of in that empty head of yours .

who are you talking to ?? your self 

image.png.03909c1d31af983ec601e71bd7b395e3.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, nkg said:

As I implied in my previous post, you could install the tracking app on your backup phone and leave it plugged into the charger in your hotel room, if you were very concerned about privacy,

Yes, the sandbox will "fail" insomuch as it will probably only attract tens of thousands of people between July - September. Almost all of whom will be returning expats.

Nov-Dec will be the real test.

I want to see things get back to normal again as much as anyone, but I think we are a ways off from that, I could be wrong though. It won't be the first time and probably not the last, either. I thought about, what would I do if I was required to install a tracking app on my phone, but didn't get very far with that one. If one has two phones, then your suggestion would work, but I suspect the majority of people don't keep two phones with them; and buying one just for that purpose would seem to be just another deterrent from coming here in the first place.

7 minutes ago, bolt said:

who are you talking to ?? your self 

image.png.03909c1d31af983ec601e71bd7b395e3.png

I always find posts like yours amusing. You are the kind of person I usually end up blocking, because rarely is there any hope of rehabilitation.

You frequently come on here and attack people for insignificant things, then add no value whatsoever in the form of an intelligent rebuttal. You must be stressed out, perhaps you should consider unwinding for a while and take a break from TVF (in other words, get a life!)...

3 minutes ago, DBath said:

I always find posts like yours amusing. You are the kind of person I usually end up blocking, because rarely is there any hope of rehabilitation.

You frequently come on here and attack people for insignificant things, then add no value whatsoever in the form of an intelligent rebuttal. You must be stressed out, perhaps you should consider unwinding for a while and take a break from TVF (in other words, get a life!)...

who are you talking to me, or nanaplaza666 ??

3 minutes ago, DBath said:

I want to see things get back to normal again as much as anyone, but I think we are a ways off from that, I could be wrong though. It won't be the first time and probably not the last, either. I thought about, what would I do if I was required to install a tracking app on my phone, but didn't get very far with that one. If one has two phones, then your suggestion would work, but I suspect the majority of people don't keep two phones with them; and buying one just for that purpose would seem to be just another deterrent from coming here in the first place.

A quick look on ebay shows plenty of iPhone 6s going for £40-£50. I have 2 myself - unused following an upgrade - many others will also have an old iPhone/Android that they could use. Perhaps this wouldn't be an option for non-technical users, though, and it is another obstacle. Although 95% of phone users leave "location services" on by default anyway ... they are already being tracked all the time.

I suspect that the rules will be greatly relaxed by December, assuming that Phuket's tourists don't somehow cause a mini-pandemic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, DBath said:

You’re pretty much spot on in your assessment, chief. Except for what you said about the personal attack and the irrelevant points…

Maybe you’re the overly sensitive type or you think anyone who stands up to you or disagrees with you is an attacker - your problem, not mine. As far as me being irrelevant, I will tell you there is no way in heII this whacky sandbox scheme you seem to be supporting is going to get off the ground. And I’ve not seen one person on here besides you who is willing to stand up for this obvious circus act of a lost cause. 

Me, sensitive? It wasn't even me you were attacking personally, all I did was tell you: 1, don't correct the grammar or spelling of others while making grammar or spelling mistakes doing so; 2. your points in which you corrected someone else were incorrect; 3. you went on a sidetrack in stead of reacting to the main idea of the poster; and 4. you found it necessary to personally attack someone while you were the one coming up with made up 'facts'.

Now regarding this post, nowhere did I say you are an attacker, nowhere did I say you are irrelevant and please explain how something can be retrackted that has not been announced.

2 minutes ago, nkg said:

A quick look on ebay shows plenty of iPhone 6s going for £40-£50. I have 2 myself - unused following an upgrade - many others will also have an old iPhone/Android that they could use. Perhaps this wouldn't be an option for non-technical users, though, and it is another obstacle. Although 95% of phone users leave "location services" on by default anyway ... they are already being tracked all the time.

I suspect that the rules will be greatly relaxed by December, assuming that Phuket's tourists don't somehow cause a mini-pandemic.

This being the only reason I would even consider having two phones (to avoid location tracking), but it's not a good enough reason for me to go out and buy one. It's too much hassle and I would venture that the vast majority of people do not have two mobile phones.

I think it's going to take some time for international tourists to come here, even after things stabilize and it could be many years after that - or never - that Thailand sees the volume of tourism it saw in 2019, and let's face it, things are far from stable at this point. 

• Like 1

On 6/23/2021 at 6:06 AM, Moonfire said:

Daily cases of Covid increasing. 

Doctors are going on the record against opening and continued lockdown.

The India killer Delta variant Covid has been found in Thailand:

The variant, first identified in India, is the most contagious yet and, among those not yet vaccinated, may trigger serious illness in more people than other variants do, say scientists tracking the spread of infection.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40002327

The fast-spreading Delta variant will become the dominant strain of Covid-19 in Thailand within four months, a leading virologist warned on Tuesday.

Thailand is about to open up.

The perfect storm! 

Are you family with Dr. Doom ?

29 minutes ago, DBath said:

This being the only reason I would even consider having two phones (to avoid location tracking), but it's not a good enough reason for me to go out and buy one. It's too much hassle and I would venture that the vast majority of people do not have two mobile phones.

I think it's going to take some time for international tourists to come here, even after things stabilize and it could be many years after that - or never - that Thailand sees the volume of tourism it saw in 2019, and let's face it, things are far from stable at this point. 

If you’re really worried about being tracked, you can fool any QR code entry system, by denying access to your location

Instead of approving you can Deny access

Then show the QR attendant your screenshot showing a fake QR code

See the steps

IMG_1370.PNG

IMG_1371.PNG

COE thai Plus app Sample.jpeg

10 hours ago, ChipButty said:

There was a POSITIVE case discovered in Open market at Wat Thep in the area where one can buy meat.  I think there may have been more than one case of someone testing positive there, but I am not sure.  It is on the Phuket police facebook page, that gives the information of the timeline of those who have been tested positive.  It is thou, in Thai language:  https://www.facebook.com/83ssj/?__tn__=-UC*F