COVID-19: Thailand reports 51 more deaths and 3,174 new cases

webfact

Just now, jerrymahoney said:

I don't have to -- you are the one who decided not to let the average TV reader know that Spain, Portugal, France, Italy Greece, Canada, etc. are also Level 3 travel countries.

Did I have to? I quoted an article about Thailand not unrelated off topic countries but don't let me rain on your parade. You've just done that very eloquently congratulations dude.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

That warning is a complete disaster for the Thai tourism sandbox.

From the actual CDC report on Thailand:

Make sure you are fully vaccinated before traveling to Thailand.

Unvaccinated travelers should avoid nonessential travel to Thailand.

Complete disaster? So what per cent of Americans who might want to travel to Thailand d are not fully vaccinated?

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Did I have to? I quoted an article about Thailand not unrelated off topic countries but don't let me rain on your parade. You've just done that very eloquently congratulations dude.

Barbra Streisand. I get it.  But yes anyone who looks at that headline might likely assume that this was some unilateral action involving Thailand.

Edited by jerrymahoney

5 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

I said that cases were declining since late April. I am sorry that stating the actual numbers irritates you. 

Now cases are rising. I guess 6 months from now when the wave is over, you will slam me for stating today that cases are rising. 

Yes, they are declining but not in Thailand.

You are right.

• Haha 2

Serious question. 

If Thailand vaccinates majority of the population with Sinovac does that mean they will have to revaccinate almost everyone in a year when new strains render this subpar vaccine ineffective? 

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, DJBenz said:

Delta Plus is on its way too, so Thailand needs to win its battle against Delta before things get really out of hand. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-57564560

Yes, I mentioned this elsewhere... more contagious than the Delta (so-so)..

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-india-reports-new-delta-plus-coronavirus-variant-of-concern-12339465

Will this ever end......?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Ah I see where you're going wrong then, try going to the actual publisher of the article and letting them know https://thethaiger.com/contact-us

I didn't go wrong -- all I did was to post a link to the actual CDC site so that if other readers want to know what are the other level 3 countries, they could easily do so.

... and since per the actual CDC report on Thailand, anyone who is fully vaccinated is not warned against traveling to Thailand.

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, jerrymahoney said:

I didn't go wrong -- all I did was to post a link to the actual CDC site so that if other readers want to know what are the other level 3 countries, they could easily do so.

Yes and I've already congratulated you on that, would you like a little more praise or do you feel you've had enough now, I'm more than happy to give you a tick as well.

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Your point being what?  Thailand's listing will affect the tourism plans they have for the upcoming Phuket Sandbox and the other islands.  Believe what you will, but I have a feeling that with the rising cases things might become more tenuous for travelers.

Wow a feeling. AS of the revised report on Thailand, only non-fully vaccinated persons are being urged to avoid travel to Thailand.

7 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Yes, I mentioned this elsewhere... more contagious than the Delta (so-so)..

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-india-reports-new-delta-plus-coronavirus-variant-of-concern-12339465

Will this ever end......?

"Will this ever end?" - not for a very long time.  New variants will continue to appear.  We just have to learn to live with it and get as many people vaccinated as possible.  In the meantime, people need to be able to get on with their lives.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

Wow a feeling. AS of the revised report on Thailand, only non-fully vaccinated persons are being urged to avoid travel to Thailand.

As stated in my original post from the article, why do you feel the need to repeat it?

"The CDC rates Thailand as “very high” for Covid-19 Levels and advises that only fully vaccinated people consider travel to Thailand. This is in line with Thailand’s current reopening rules requiring all international arrivals to be fully vaccinated. Unvaccinated travellers are warned by the CDC not to attempt travel to Thailand unless it’s absolutely essential and warns that anyone travelling to Thailand runs a high risk of being exposed to Covid-19."

Edited by Bkk Brian

13 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

As stated in my original post from the article, why do you feel the need to repeat it?

I was replying to another comment, not yours, that the Level 3 CDC revision was a "complete disaster" for Thailand.

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GroveHillWanderer said:

Mexico has one of the highest CoVid-19 case fatality rates in the world. In many countries, if you get infected, your chance of dying is 2-3%.

In Mexico, it's over 9%.

I am aware of the mortality numbers. These numbers are high because they don’t test anyone, and so the few reported infections are people near death who make it to the hospital before they die.

Those who die at home are not included in the numbers.

Having said that, Mexico is largely ignoring the virus.

34 minutes ago, RafPinto said:

Yes, they are declining but not in Thailand.

You are right.

In late April and early May, daily numbers were declining.

Now, daily numbers are increasing.

I wouldn’t think that this is a hard concept to grasp.

5 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

In late April and early May, daily numbers were declining.

Now, daily numbers are increasing.

I wouldn’t think that this is a hard concept to grasp.

In both cases you mean the reported daily numbers?

The daily numbers are influenced to a degree by the amount of testing and it’s pleasing that you now appear to be the most vociferous advocate for more testing to be carried out.

• Like 2

Delta variant in Thailand may replace Alpha in few months, says Medical Science Dept

Medical Sciences Department Director-General Dr. Supakit Sirilak predicted that, in the next 2-3 months, the Delta (Indian) variant of COVID-19 may replace the Alpha (UK) strain as the dominant COVID-19 strain in Thailand, because it is 40% more transmissible than the Alpha variant.

He said the Medical Sciences Department has been monitoring 5,055 cases of infected people since April and found that 89.6% of them were infected by the Alpha strain and only 9.8% by the Delta variant, including 404 cases in Bangkok, as well as three infected by the Beta (South African) strain in three districts of the southernmost province of Narathiwat.

10 patients under treatment in as many as 4 hospitals in Bangkok were found to be infected with the Delta variant, he added.

8713A87E-6296-4FB6-9D92-79F80D6B7D69.jpeg

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/delta-variant-in-thailand-to-replace-alpha-in-few-months-says-medical-science-dept/?fbclid=IwAR1XlY1-sb5S3EPAHBucd85qWCyxNEHhFmYc9grDJJqlyVrliygcCkYSiI8

• Like 1

This is what we don't want during these difficult times:

Natthapon Nakpanich, operations chief of the CCSA, said Wednesday he is concerned about the spread of COVID-19 as a major rally is set to take place tomorrow. The protests to mark the 1932 revolt will be held at Democracy Monument, parliament, and Pathum Wan Int. #ม็อบ24มิถุนา

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1407610730648522756

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand on Wednesday (June 23) reported 3,174 new COVID-19 cases and 51 additional deaths over the past 24 hours. 

Come to sunny safe trusted Thailand... Covid everywhere, and less than 10% of the population jabbed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, anchadian said:

Leading Chula professor criticizes government’s Sinovac obsession

A leading professor at Chulalongkorn University has come out this week to criticize the government for its continued obsession with acquiring Sinovac vaccines. The professor joined Thai Enquirer to outline her grievances, the same one she shares with millions of other Thais.

It might not have been as clear in the beginning, but the inefficiency of this [Sinovac] vaccine has been reported in numerous, real-life cases from many countries, from Indonesia to Brazil, said Professor Siripan Nogsuan, an Associate Professor and the Head of the Department of Government, Faculty of Science at Chulalongkorn University.

Professor Siripan told us the main question she has for the government is why they are still choosing Sinovac over other vaccine alternatives when it’s clear that it is more expensive and has a much lower efficacy rate?

https://www.thaienquirer.com/28886/leading-chula-professor-criticizes-governments-sinovac-obsession/

Whilst not questioning the professors intelligence, or distracting in any way from the important question she has raised, for correctness purposes only, she is the head of the faculty of political science. The report states faculty of science.

https://www.research.chula.ac.th/researcher-/siripan-nogsuan-sawasdee/

Its all under control, Thailand's fruit is high quality and covid free

The Government is stimulating the economy by exporting fruits and following measures based on the guidelines set by the WHO and the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization. This will help to ensure that all Thailand's export fruits are high-quality and COVID-19-free.

https://twitter.com/prdthailand/status/1407632020474368002

• Haha 1