COVID-19: Thailand reports 51 more deaths and 3,174 new cases

webfact

25 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Link broken post deleted.

I had a copy of the English version of the CCSA briefing earlier, unfortunately it was the Facebook version & had my details all over it, that's why I deleted it, I can't seem to find a ' normal ' video. Sorry. 

13 minutes ago, Rhacsyn said:

Below may be of interest to some. Abu Dhabi offering Pfizer to tourists:

https://m.khaleejtimes.com/coronavirus-pandemic/uae-step-by-step-covid-vaccination-guide-for-tourists-in-abu-dhabi

If it was an easy in and then out without spending 2 to 4 weeks waiting for the second vaccination and then jumping through the hoops to get back in that would be an idea to get the Pfizer vaccine.

• Like 1

University of Oxford scientists are trialling giving Ivermectin to people with Covid symptoms to see if it can keep them out of hospital.

The Principle study will compare those given the drug to patients receiving the usual NHS care.

The drug has become controversial after being promoted for use across Latin America and in South Africa, despite being so far unproven.

Previous studies of Ivermectin have generally been small or low quality.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-57570377

43 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

I had a copy of the English version of the CCSA briefing earlier, unfortunately it was the Facebook version & had my details all over it, that's why I deleted it, I can't seem to find a ' normal ' video. Sorry. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rux6xO5aNOU&t=40s

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, beano2274 said:

yes, if Thais then it shows the policy of allowing Thais to return home without testing is not working. on the plane with the possibly infected Thai were there any Foreigners, it just takes one infected person to create a new wave.

Both Thais and foreigners have been found infected once in quarantine in Thailand....it doesn't matter. 

1 hour ago, riparian said:

University of Oxford scientists are trialling giving Ivermectin to people with Covid symptoms to see if it can keep them out of hospital.

The Principle study will compare those given the drug to patients receiving the usual NHS care.

The drug has become controversial after being promoted for use across Latin America and in South Africa, despite being so far unproven.

Previous studies of Ivermectin have generally been small or low quality.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-57570377

Many doctors in India swear by it. But there is no money to be made is such a cheap drug. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

Thanks if you go to 12.00 minutes he puts up an infographic telling us how important it is to get the vaccine, nowhere in the preceding 12 minutes did he mention where we could get this,  it was all about the Phuket sandbox, I was spitting feathers at this point ????????????

21 minutes ago, blackcab said:

From the link, what we all suspected, the situation now in Bangkok is dire.

He said that public and private are limiting the number of tests they provide because there are not enough beds for everyone who might test positive.

He also said there had been a higher ratio of elderly and people with underlying diseases among those infected in the third wave, and they usually take longer time to recover.

“Each hospital is trying not to test that many people because there is not enough bed for when they have tested positive,” Dr Nitipat.

“We can no longer add any more bed for patients in severity level 2 and 3,” he added.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/28921/leading-doctor-calls-for-bangkok-lockdown/

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, DavisH said:

Many doctors in India swear by it. But there is no money to be made is such a cheap drug. 

IF it works and this study aims to find that out then it will be mass produced regardless of how much money is to be made. Oxford insisted that AZ be sold at cost price they are not doing it for the money.

• Like 2

Almost every country has loan money to haddle covid problem! They have to loan because they have think healty of people first! Thailand try get enough money from tourist whit opening country! Yes they have loan little but not even close enough! Say army man jump, yes army man jump! Say army man think, that is forbidden in army!

• Confused 1

Phuket authorities to form “EOC Phuket Tourism Sandbox Operation Center” to track and trace all foreign visitors traveling under “Phuket Sandbox” scheme

Phuket authorities are preparing to establish the “EOC Phuket Tourism Sandbox Operation Center” as a command center of all local networks to track and follow up all foreign tourists during their visit to the island to potentially prevent the spread of the Covid-19 Coronavirus, the Phuket governor reported today, June 23rd.

Governor Narong Woonciew told reporters after the meeting with Phuket tourism sandbox operation center officers this morning that the so-called “EOC Phuket Tourism Sandbox Operation Center” will be formed as a command center for tracking and tracing arrivals by using Phuket Smart city technology as a driving mechanism.

The governor was positioned as the incident commander, along with relevant government agencies, including military officers and the police to manage, supervise, and monitor the arrival and departure of foreign tourists and Thai people traveling to Phuket.

https://tpnnational.com/2021/06/23/phuket-authorities-to-form-eoc-phuket-tourism-sandbox-operation-center-to-track-and-trace-all-foreign-visitors-traveling-under-phuket-sandbox-scheme/

Full article coming later but the #Chonburi Governor has just ordered the complete closure of the Chonburi New Market in Mueang Chonburi and the Sattahip Morning market for about two weeks due to Covid19 clusters from these locations.

https://twitter.com/The_PattayaNews/status/1407690162721550347

10 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Full article coming later but the #Chonburi Governor has just ordered the complete closure of the Chonburi New Market in Mueang Chonburi and the Sattahip Morning market for about two weeks due to Covid19 clusters from these locations.

https://twitter.com/The_PattayaNews/status/1407690162721550347

Not sounding good does it.  I would expect more of that to come in other places.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, riparian said:

mmm... didn't you visit Sattahip the other day?   ????

Yep drove on through and went to Sai Kaew beach, no one but us.  Spent the day, ate a nice picnic lunch.  We do not stop at markets or food stalls, but take along our supplies on Ice in my 40qt ice chest.  We then drove back up to the condo in Jomtien before heading back to BKK on Monday.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

I said that cases were declining since late April. I am sorry that stating the actual numbers irritates you. 

Now cases are rising. I guess 6 months from now when the wave is over, you will slam me for stating today that cases are rising. 

No, slamming you for stating TODAY the wave is over 6 months from now.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DavisH said:

Yeah, I mean it's not like the most widely administered COVID vaccine in the world (AZ) is also the cheapest. Oh wait, it is.

Edited by DJBenz