COVID-19: Thailand reports 51 more deaths and 3,174 new cases

webfact

2021-04-26T031724Z_1_LYNXMPEH3P04F_RTROPTP_4_HEALTH-CORONAVIRUS-THAILAND copy.JPG
REUTERS FILE PHOTO for reference only

Thailand on Wednesday (June 23) reported 3,174 new COVID-19 cases and 51 additional deaths over the past 24 hours. 

● 3,138 new infections
● 36 prison / prison infections

Wednesday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 228,539 with 1,744 deaths.
(Total infections since April 1: 199,676)

The news comes as Thailand’s cabinet has confirmed that Phuket will reopen to fully vaccinated tourists on July 1st, under the “Phuket Sandbox” project, as planned. Koh Samui, Koh Phangan and Koh Tao, in Surat Thani province, will follow a similar model on July 15th, said Government spokesperson Anucha Burapachaisri.

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-06-23

4 minutes ago, Macrohistory said:

Your prediction of a month ago that cases would steadily decline because, as you claimed, an "inflection point" had been reached in late April has proved entirely wrong.

I said that cases were declining since late April. I am sorry that stating the actual numbers irritates you. 

Now cases are rising. I guess 6 months from now when the wave is over, you will slam me for stating today that cases are rising. 

• Confused 5
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Interestingly if you look at the above bar chart posted by BKK Brian re: community infections what do you notice about the spikes. Each one is greater than the previous. If this holds true the next one will be greater than yesterday's. Doesn't matter what you say you cannot disagree that the trend is up.

Where did I say the trend isn't going up? 

1 minute ago, watgate said:

I would like to know how many of these deaths are because of the flu and not the corona virus.

There is a formal process for determining cause of death in each jurisdiction. I can assure you that deaths from Covid-19 are typically undercounted due to death certificate requirements. 

#COVID19 UPDATE on WEDNESDAY:

51 deaths and 3,174 cases (36 from prisons). Full details at 12:30pm

18 June: 3,058 - 22 dead

19 June: 3,667 - 32 dead

20 June: 3,682 - 20 dead

21 June: 3,175 - 29 dead

22 June: 4,059 - 35 dead

23 June: 3,174 - 51 dead <— TODAY

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1407503507356209155

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Can someone explain prison numbers.

There is a LOT of people currently incarcerated. Only 36 new cases? 

BTW how many folk are in the prison system.

There are some 300,000 people in Thai prisons. Probably all of them have been exposed to the virus. They may get a test once. 

12 minutes ago, smedly said:

likely 36 that needed medical treatment - do you really think they are mass testing

Where did I imply that they are mass testing or not.

If the #36 came from inmates presenting with symptoms then fine. Still seems a low number given the numbers in prison and their extremely close proximity