Thailand reports 4,108 new COVID-19 cases, 31 more deaths

webfact

3 minutes ago, ICELANDMAN said:

I always give the benefit of the doubt what you find on the web, but see my last answer

You are questioning the accuracy of RT-PCR testing on the basis of some statement by a dodgy organization. Meanwhile, the medical community stands behind RT-PCR testing.

But the real issue is why you are questioning RT-PCR testing? 

21 minutes ago, ICELANDMAN said:

No essay classified crazy conspiracy junk this link https://www.who.int/news/item/20-01-2021-who-information-notice-for-ivd-users-2020-05

Your internet friends have fooled you again. You have been sent the standard WHO guidelines for use of RT-PCR. Many uneducated Deniers believe that these instructions are new or somehow mean the test is inaccurate.

What’s the purpose in casting doubt on RT-PCR?

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

just had a look how deep that swab goes and there is now way i would do ONE never mind 5 of them

and as for my kids.. forgeddaboudit..

33859DA9-52B1-4BD2-984D-6B3802B4D410.jpeg

When I said it's not painful it really isn't. More of an annoying tickle. Mild discomfort at most. Your kids would have no problem so do it with them and give them a good ol' laugh when they see your reaction to your percieved pain.

Edited by metisdead
Over-sized emoji removed.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

just had a look how deep that swab goes and there is now way i would do ONE never mind 5 of them

and as for my kids.. forgeddaboudit..

33859DA9-52B1-4BD2-984D-6B3802B4D410.jpeg

It's not so bad. I've had one and my missus and 5-year-old son had 3 each last year when returning from Laos.

1 hour ago, edwinchester said:

Yeah, the test is not perfect but is excellent if used correctly as urged in the article.

Can't see any reference to a 30% error rate though.

Error is a error, nobody officials said also your 2%, BTW who tell you 2% is acceptable if is your test ?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

Your internet friends have fooled you again. You have been sent the standard WHO guidelines for use of RT-PCR. Many uneducated Deniers believe that these instructions are new or somehow mean the test is inaccurate.

What’s the purpose in casting doubt on RT-PCR?

Because I no like liars, but I don't stop you from believing it

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dinsdale said:

When I said it's not painful it really isn't. More of an annoying tickle. Mild discomfort at most. Your kids would have no problem so do it with them and give them a good ol' laugh when they see your reaction to your percieved pain.

They cut my agony face emoji.????????

I can see this leading up to next month's long weekend.

The Ministry of Tourism has released this graphic of 10 provinces where local tourists do not need to be quarantined: Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Phetchaburi, Chonburi, Phuket, Surat Thani, Krabi, Phang Nga and Buriram. Are they promoting domestic travel too soon?

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1408032115552256004

Edited by anchadian
  • Sad 2

10 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

It cannot do harm regards the virus spread and hospital bed shortage but thats too short in my opinion, anyway I don't think they'll implement it according to this article.

"Dr. Taweesin Visanuyothin from the CCSA, however, said that although the CCSA and Bangkok Metropolitan Administration had heard proposals from doctors about a short lockdown of Bangkok they are so far against it but not for economic reasons. According to Dr. Taweesin, any sort of lockdown, even with an attempt to be strictly enforced with multiple checkpoints and controls, would still lead to many people fleeing the city to their home provinces or to places, not under lockdown, potentially spreading the Covid-19 disease further into parts of the country such as the Northeast where there were few, or in some cases no, confirmed cases in some time."

https://tpnnational.com/2021/06/23/leading-thai-doctors-suggesting-lockdown-of-bangkok-for-at-least-seven-days-but-covid-19-center-disagrees-so-far/

However I suspect if numbers continue like this they will have no choice as the hospitals will simply be overwhelmed.

So the guy from the CCSA is saying a lockdown would entice more people to flee Bangkok than it would if they kept things open?

I guess they have experienced that before.

Pretty hard to pay rent if you cant go to work, especially when they can stay at their family homes in Isaan for free.

So he has got a point there.

And has the Thai news and media been reflecting any concerns about hospitals being inundated? 

Im sure the army would have plenty of sites for the "field hospitals" if needed.

And there is obviously a big turnover of people that test negative each day and get released, so maybe not time to panic just yet.

5 minutes ago, pookondee said:

So the guy from the CCSA is saying a lockdown would entice more people to flee Bangkok than it would if they kept things open?

I guess they have experienced that before.

Pretty hard to pay rent if you cant go to work, especially when they can stay at their family homes in Isaan for free.

So he has got a point there.

And has the Thai news and media been reflecting any concerns about hospitals being inundated? 

Im sure the army would have plenty of sites for the "field hospitals" if needed.

And there is obviously a big turnover of people that test negative each day and get released, so maybe not time to panic just yet.

Its the critical care beds that are now in extremely short supply, the most important ones and it has been quoted by hospitals that they have sent patients home with lung infections due to covid because there are none available, there are some ICU beds in field hospitals but there are no doctors or nurses to man them.

When is the time to panic, when there are literally no ICU beds left available and people will be left to die at home?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, anchadian said:

The Ministry of Tourism has released this graphic of 10 provinces where local tourists do not need to be quarantined: Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Phetchaburi, Chonburi, Phuket, Surat Thani, Krabi, Phang Nga and Buriram. Are they promoting domestic travel too soon?

I can't see Rayong (Ban Chang) on there?  Schools are open there (unlike in Chonburi which is on the 'no quarantine' list) so hopefully it's OK to visit.

8 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

When is the time to panic, when there are literally no ICU beds left available and people will be left to die at home?

Or if it gets like India with people dropping dead on the streets. ????  Luckily, we're not there and I doubt we will be. ????

4 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

In December 2020, the Indian government offered to sell Thailand at least 1 million doses of AstraZeneca vaccines at cost. 

It had recently emerged that both Pfizer and Moderna asked the FDA to review their vaccines as early as late 2020. According to local media reports, Pfizer also offered to sell their jabs to the Ministry of Public Health in November of last year.

For some reason, the Thai government chose to rely on locally produced AstraZeneca and imported Sinovac Vaccine. It has been a disastrous decision with local AZ doses delayed and Sinovac Vaccines showing less than stellar real world results.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/28599/four-decisions-thailand-got-wrong-in-its-covid-19-fight-so-far/

They could have got the vaccines if they wished. Maybe not all they wanted in one go, but could have been significantly higher up the queue list than they are currently. There’s no if’s or but’s about it. They even made pronouncements about not needing other vaccines because they would manufacture their own.

covax was another option, but discarded.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, anchadian said:

No Bangkok lockdown but a Free week to travel on the Governments dollar at half price before the sandbox is opened.  Looking like Happiness will be spread to all.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Its the critical care beds that are now in extremely short supply, the most important ones and it has been quoted by hospitals that they have sent patients home with lung infections due to covid because there are none available, there are some ICU beds in field hospitals but there are no doctors or nurses to man them.

I think it’s clear that the government has given up on fighting Covid.

Medical professionals will continue with what they have at present, vaccinations will continue in a stop start fashion as and when supplies become available and meanwhile the tourism thing will be the centre of all attention.

I see very little political will to enforce any lockdowns, short or long, strict or total, and all one can do is watch as a slow motion train wreck takes place.

how bad will it be? That is the 64,000 dollar question. 100 deaths a day or 1000 deaths a day. None of us know, but we are for sure going to find out.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, anchadian said:

All the noise about tourism is a complete red herring. Tourism isn’t the problem.

1 hour ago, ICELANDMAN said:

Error is a error, nobody officials said also your 2%, BTW who tell you 2% is acceptable if is your test ?

All the tests that I've seen, including my wife's in April, give specifics before the test is taken.

2 hours ago, dinsdale said:

My daughter is nearly 4 years old and had one a few days ago, left her with a very minor nose bleed, she cried loudly but not for long. 

5 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Bangkok lockdown proposal not yet accepted due to economic concerns

Gen. Nattaphon said the “bubble-and-seal” approach will remain in use, but with stricter measures, with details to be discussed at a meeting today, while the lockdown proposal will remain “under consideration”.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/bangkok-lockdown-proposal-not-yet-accepted-due-to-economic-concerns/

NOW they worry about bangkok residents leaving to travel to home provinces?

what about just before Songkran when the Thonglor cluster broke? They weren’t bothered then!

Edited by wensiensheng
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, pookondee said:

And there is obviously a big turnover of people that test negative each day and get released, so maybe not time to panic just yet

I dont know if Thailand test people many times who have been already positive?! Its really ruin good test what they even dont have enough! In Finland positive to covid test only ONCE not test after.

After they have been in home 10 days they are not isolation anymore! They not spread virus after 10 days so why test again!

Can read here if want!

https://thl.fi/en/web/infectious-diseases-and-vaccinations/what-s-new/coronavirus-covid-19-latest-updates/symptoms-and-treatment-coronavirus/treatment-of-coronavirus-and-instructions-for-the-infected

Edited by 2 is 1

20 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

No Bangkok lockdown but a Free week to travel on the Governments dollar at half price before the sandbox is opened.  Looking like Happiness will be spread to all.

Encouraging travel during a Covid outbreak. I guess it’s a strategy, but it sure is contrarian. Not too much medical input I suspect.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Ah the Happiness variant doesn't seem to be very contagious.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Rhacsyn said:

UAE which I believe is classified as medium risk

Do you have the list?

reason I ask is that a recent article made much of the fact that the list hadn’t been published yet. Just wondering whether it has, but been missed.

2 hours ago, anchadian said:
JUST IN:  has now approved the #COVID19 vaccine by @pfizer

The Thai govt has ordered 30 million doses and are expected to take the delivery later this year.

https://twitter.com/fdathai

CORRECTION: 

The Thai govt ordered 20 mil* doses and are expected to take the delivery later this year. *(a previous tweet stated it was 30 mil doses. That was wrong. It’s 20 mil. Apologies for the error.)

https://twitter.com/SaksithCNA/status/1408053630666625028

22 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

My daughter is nearly 4 years old and had one a few days ago, left her with a very minor nose bleed, she cried loudly but not for long. 

Scary at that age. People dressed in space suits wanting to shove something up your nose that's basically twice the size of your head. Nose bleed is a little unusual. Maybe knocked off a small scab in the nose with the swab. 

15 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Do you have the list?

reason I ask is that a recent article made much of the fact that the list hadn’t been published yet. Just wondering whether it has, but been missed.

There is a list published today here in English but I'm not sure if its the updated one, strange, you'll notice Thailand have placed themselves in the highest red list category...????

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/tourism/list-of-countries-by-covid-19-risk-level-classified-by-thailands-ddc

data list.png

Edited by Bkk Brian

2 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Scary at that age. People dressed in space suits wanting to shove something up your nose that's basically twice the size of your head. Nose bleed is a little unusual. Maybe knocked off a small scab in the nose with the swab. 

She's fine.....says wifey. Surprised they tested all the kids in State Quarantine tbh. Thinks ours was the youngest.