Thailand reports 4,108 new COVID-19 cases, 31 more deaths

webfact

24 minutes ago, orang37 said:

I'd like to see statistics on the percentage of new Delta variant cases by province/region... of course, given TIT, no one may be analyzing tests for Delta ...

.. and, if such data were available from a government source (where else ? the tooth fairy ?) ...

... one would need to apply the usual party-line fantasia-of-the-day filter.

The last figures that I saw were a few days ago. More or less 90% alpha, 10% delta.

47 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

The fact of the matter is, even with dodgy numbers, that this fool at the top who said he would take personal control of the covid/economy situation has failed miserably. Covid up/economy down and expect both to get worse. For my thoughts it can only be put down to one thing. Megalomania. The man is not fit or able to run a country. The Phuket thing is a farce. 1 week to go and surely people have booked their flights by now. Where are the numbers for flights booked? How many are coming in. The details must be known. Release the figures.

Flights are easy to book and change or cancel. What would be a more accurate assessment of numbers is how many COE issued and how many SHA+ hotels booked. I booked my flight weeks ago, but it is only in the last hour that I got confirmation from Emirates Bangkok to start the COE application process. I therefore guess that as of now, the answer to your question is not many bookings, and as for tourists wanting to plan, they too could only start the application today. Finally, it is all, of course, based on the assumption it will appear in the Royal Gazette. 

Apologies if i am wrong in any way and sorry to distract from the serious Covid issue.

12 minutes ago, Rhacsyn said:

Flights are easy to book and change or cancel. What would be a more accurate assessment of numbers is how many COE issued and how many SHA+ hotels booked. I booked my flight weeks ago, but it is only in the last hour that I got confirmation from Emirates Bangkok to start the COE application process. I therefore guess that as of now, the answer to your question is not many bookings, and as for tourists wanting to plan, they too could only start the application today. Finally, it is all, of course, based on the assumption it will appear in the Royal Gazette. 

Apologies if i am wrong in any way and sorry to distract from the serious Covid issue.

And are you coming from a country on the low and medium risk list? 

11 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

The last figures that I saw were a few days ago. More or less 90% alpha, 10% delta.

See Brian Bkk's post on this thread re Beta variant: click

Where did you see your figures ?

Until the process of selection of testees, and, the process of selecting which tests are submitted for variant analysis, and, who analyzes the data, and, who makes the analysis known to the public, is known/revealed, we are blind elephants groping the walls of dark rooms for light switches ????

4 hours ago, beano2274 said:

How come it took 11 days to mention the first one?

Probably because the person only came forward with symptoms a few days ago. Problem with waiting for people to become ill before coming forward for testing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, edwinchester said:

PCR tests give a correct diagnosis of covid-19 at least 97% of the time.

So if 100000 non infected tourist come to Phuket they put 3000 in cardboard bed coz get positive test result! No question asked! Hmm... they test them 4 times if they have test lol

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

So if 100000 non infected tourist come to Phuket they put 3000 in cardboard bed coz get positive test result! No question asked! 

I was replying to somebody that stated a 30% misdiagnosis.

I believe the likely hood of a false positives is less than a false negative but stand to be corrected on that.

31 minutes ago, sapson said:

Exactly and this has been the case for a year or more , I know personally 2 Thai nationals here in the khon kaen area who had many obvious covid symptoms  about 9 months ago.

Both were able to get to hospital however one working at a University town with a known outbreak and one with friends in the village who had returned from a known Bangkok covid hotspot, yet they were refused testing because no immediate direct traceable contact with a covid positive case.

Back to the University and the village with paracetamol and advice to call an ambulance if have breathing problems or go to a private hospital if you really want a test.........that was when BKK hospital had the covid test package at the gouging price of 15k.

I don't believe any outbreak was completely reduced to 0 in Thailand. Elimination is very dificult achieve. Also when Peru had 69k reported deaths no media were jumping up and down about under reporting. Then they upped the official death toll to 180k. Deaths can be under reported in countries that choose to do so.

1 minute ago, edwinchester said:

I was replying to somebody that stated a 30% misdiagnosis.

I believe the likely hood of a false positives is less than a false negative but stand to be corrected on that.

Actualy even one wrong positive diagnosis is too many if they treat people like cattle. If you are wrong positive, its 100% sure not long after they put you in field hospital middle of all infected ones!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

They really do not want any genuine tourists, thats the only logic I can think of.

Phuket reopening getting up holidaymakers noses with no less than 5 Covid-19 tests to be paid for

There is growing scepticism about the outcome of Phuket’s reopening after it emerged n Wednesday that already fully vaccinated travellers on a two week holiday to the island will be subject to no less than five Covid-19 tests at their own expense and will have to wait in their hotel bedrooms for the results to come back from the processing laboratory.

https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news-foreigners/2021/06/24/phuket-reopening-getting-up-holidaymakers-noses-with-no-less-than-5-covid-tests-to-be-paid-for/

I'd agree with you, they don't want tourists but they can turn to the general population and  say they opened up to tourism but people didn't want to come, what can we do. Form of gaslighting I think.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 2 is 1 said:

Actualy even one wrong positive diagnosis is too many if they treat people like cattle. If you are wrong positive, its 100% sure not long after they put you in field hospital middle of all infected ones!

One reason they will get next to zero genuine tourists.

My own daughters and their respective families have said they will definitely not be coming to Thailand in the foreseeable future whilst these hurdles are in place.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

One reason they will get next to zero genuine tourists.

My own daughters and their respective families have said they will definitely not be coming to Thailand in the foreseeable future whilst these hurdles are in place.

You've got to be dropped on your head to think that anyone is going to come who has a reasonable amount of functioning brain cells.  

What are you going to do there on holiday?  Eat at the same place over and over again because everything is closed?   Not travel anywhere.  Stare at the water?  

No thanks.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

They really do not want any genuine tourists, thats the only logic I can think of.

Phuket reopening getting up holidaymakers noses with no less than 5 Covid-19 tests to be paid for

There is growing scepticism about the outcome of Phuket’s reopening after it emerged n Wednesday that already fully vaccinated travellers on a two week holiday to the island will be subject to no less than five Covid-19 tests at their own expense and will have to wait in their hotel bedrooms for the results to come back from the processing laboratory.

https://www.thaiexaminer.com/thai-news-foreigners/2021/06/24/phuket-reopening-getting-up-holidaymakers-noses-with-no-less-than-5-covid-tests-to-be-paid-for/

Have a wonderful holiday and hope that your roll of the dice doesn't get you in a cardboard box bed with a bunch of strangers for two weeks with crumbling health care.  

I mean how can anyone in their right mind even come up with this nonsense and say that it will work?  LMAO!

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1