Thailand reports 4,108 new COVID-19 cases, 31 more deaths

webfact

5 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Personally, I can’t see the point of a 7 day lock down in bangkok. It wouldn’t even register as a speed bump in the road for the virus because it is now so widespread.

I think it’s a binary choice of ignore case levels and full speed on the vaccines, or 2 months of severe lockdown and full speed ahead on the vaccines. In other words, either fight the virus or don’t. Waving a feather with a 7 day lockdown causes social issues and achieves little or nothing.

I don’t want to be a doomsayer, but realistically, if following the former course, buckle up for a bumpy ride. 20k cases a day and 1k deaths a day are what the authorities should be preparing for. You only have to look at the real world example of the UK to know that that, and worse, is not only a possibility, but a probability. 

It looks like the idea of a 7-day lockdown in Bangkok has already been rejected.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, ICELANDMAN said:

Very bad news today, sand box Phuket is over now before start.

In what way - weren’t Phuket demanding any visitors be vaccinated anyway ? Not sure what difference the shared statement makes ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I can only quote the all knowing Thai GF.

"sinovac I no take. I no take China krap.

I no want AZ.

We wait Modena. Can have private hospital" 

Same here. All i listen is Moderna. Me too, I'm registered for Moderna. Queue nr. 1,033.xxx lol

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/covid-19-delta-plus-variant-india-concern-15073874

Edited by RafPinto

Too funny. People posting charts and treating this like a stock market.

At least with stocks there is some accountability. Absolutely no clue how much tests are done here. It might go up, it might go down. Where is the death cross? Comedy gold.

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Can't wait for the Serbian vaccine I think it's called the Novac after some tennis player.

Everyone needs a joker in times like this.

Can you come up with one for the Fed Express vaccine. 

The new one just arrived from China is named Covilo. 

Apparently a midfielder.

Edited by DrJack54

23 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Anutin said the 20 million Pfizer vaccines that were ordered will not arrive until Q4. He said Pfizer first told him Q3 but then changed to Q4 when signed and there is nothing Thailand can do about it because we do not produce them.

But Thailand is producing the vaccine. Isn't there something you can do about that Anutin?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pravda said:

Too funny. People posting charts and treating this like a stock market.

At least with stocks there is some accountability. Absolutely no clue how much tests are done here. It might go up, it might go down. Where is the death cross? Comedy gold.

While it may be different to bitcoin, charts and stats are still used in covid tracking and predictions. Although I agree its not like you can weigh the market up as well due to the testing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HB9CPW said:

vaccine, vaccine. .

The UK has similar population to Thailand and reported 16K cases yesterday, obviously they also need to get a move on with the vaccination rollout.

Wait a minute , don't they have the most advanced vaccination program in the world.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

People should remember how many deaths there were in the west before vaccines became available, and should be grateful that Thailand is so far behind on that score.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, sandyf said:

The UK has similar population to Thailand and reported 16K cases yesterday, obviously they also need to get a move on with the vaccination rollout.

Wait a minute , don't they have the most advanced vaccination program in the world.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

People should remember how many deaths there were in the west before vaccines became available, and should be grateful that Thailand is so far behind on that score.

Interesting data. A lot less deaths. 

Don't get sick in Thailand.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, realfunster said:

Today’s figures fall within the rising medium term trend line but at the upper limit, will be interesting to see if we break through. 

Of concern may be the short-term trend, (blue-lines, which is by definition is “short-term” and subject to the vagaries of testing in Thailand) but it is developing at more rapid rate than the medium-term trend.

62E754A8-4179-431A-8A37-96DAC16340F8.jpeg

I suspect if the non tested positives were factored in, that medium term trend would have been broken.

I know they were there before, so that would mean the trend is intact, just on a higher plane, but it seems likely that non testing is now more prevalent given the Siriraj doctors comments yesterday. In which case, non tested positives now, may be a greater proportion that was the case previously.

all guess work of course.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/28921/leading-doctor-calls-for-bangkok-lockdown/

Edited by blackcab
Link added
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, realfunster said:

Today’s figures fall within the rising medium term trend line but at the upper limit, will be interesting to see if we break through. 

Of concern may be the short-term trend, (blue-lines, which is by definition is “short-term” and subject to the vagaries of testing in Thailand) but it is developing at more rapid rate than the medium-term trend.

62E754A8-4179-431A-8A37-96DAC16340F8.jpeg

Could be a "Bitcoin" chart.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Everyone needs a joker in times like this.

Can you come up with one for the Fed Express vaccine. 

The new one just arrived from China is named Covilo. 

Apparently a midfielder.

That will be the Fexine, kind how Kiwis vaccine!Or it could also be called the Expressovax that you can drink with your coffee.

46 minutes ago, Pravda said:

I am from Serbia. It can be verified by doing a little search that Serbia was giving free vaccine to everyone who asked even to past "enemies" who were crossing over from ex-Yugoslav republics to get one.... free of charge, of course.

I have some Serbian friends in Oz and find many similar attributes between the two countries especially their readiness to enjoy a laugh so I hope you didn't take offence at my play on words and saw the funny side.