Thailand reports 4,108 new COVID-19 cases, 31 more deaths

webfact

Only seven days to go until the #PhuketReopening and the new cases on the island remain in single digits. This evening they announced two new cases with 45 patients still in hospital #COVID19 #โควิด19 #โควิดวันนี้ #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1408060398067077123

• Like 1

5 hours ago, koratkarlos said:

Up here in Chiang Mai I see more and more people going out and not staying home.  Call in COVID fatigue or maybe the message that Thailand is opening up again.

And it appears that there is no vaccine available.  So the question is should I stay or should I go?

Ask around and see if you can find any hospital workers. If critical care beds are in short supply, that's the most reliable indicator.

Edited by placeholder

Phuket to welcome more than 1,500 foreign tourists on the first day of “Phuket Sandbox”, Tourism Authority Governor reveals

The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) Governor revealed today, June 24th, that the Phuket Sandbox has already been scheduled to welcome more than 1,500 foreign tourists on its first day. Special tourist promotions are also planned to attract vaccinated domestic Thai tourists.

Governor Yuthasak Supasorn stated more than 1,500 people would arrive on the first flights to the island on July 1st and would gradually increase until the end of the third quarter.

It is expected that a target goal of 100,000 foreign tourists would visit the island generating significant tourism dollars for the economy by the end of the third quarter.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/06/24/phuket-to-welcome-more-than-1500-foreign-tourists-on-first-day-of-phuket-sandbox-tourism-authority-governor-reveals/

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

There is a list published today here in English but I'm not sure if its the updated one, strange, you'll notice Thailand have placed themselves in the highest red list category...????

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/tourism/list-of-countries-by-covid-19-risk-level-classified-by-thailands-ddc

data list.png

Ahh yes, I think I have seen that list before. I commented that Japan and India are in the red list and they previously provided a steady stream of visitors.

I guess they might use that list for the Phuket purpose.

strange they put themselves in the list, makes me think they just lifted it from somewhere else, maybe the WHO or something like that and forgot to delete their own name.

He previously stated that 5 direct flights would be arriving on July 1st. With 1,500 total passengers those 5 flights are going to be rammed full. The maximum capacity of a Thai Airways 777 is 348.

Could he be right and people are actually falling over themselves to holiday in Phuket?

Or is he just taking 5 flights X 300 without actually knowing how full they will be?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Only seven days to go until the #PhuketReopening and the new cases on the island remain in single digits. This evening they announced two new cases with 45 patients still in hospital #COVID19 #โควิด19 #โควิดวันนี้ #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1408060398067077123

Utterly macabre.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Ouch! 

Did not expect back up 4k+ 

The hospital beds is becoming an issue

The answer will be to stop testing and stay at home if you feel sick.

Don't go to hospitals as they are full.

The good news is the daily reported numbers will decrease in line with the governments opening up Thailand plan.

21 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

This isn’t an artifact, this is just bad. 

it looks like 4,000 cases a day will soon be the new normal.

The numbers will miraculously decrease soon.

Limited testing, and hospitals being gagged.

• Like 1

Looking at the Tuesday numbers again, it’s pretty clear the spike was due to excess lab tests being processed, it was a record day for positive lab tests. The number of cases ordinarily would have been maybe 3500 cases, which is still bad.

53 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

The answer will be to stop testing and stay at home if you feel sick.

Don't go to hospitals as they are full.

The good news is the daily reported numbers will decrease in line with the governments opening up Thailand plan.

That would be a bad answer for those who get sick, stay at home, and then die.

The good answer would be transfer of ill patients to Covid wards in other provinces.

10 hours ago, anchadian said:

Phuket to welcome more than 1,500 foreign tourists on the first day of “Phuket Sandbox”, Tourism Authority Governor reveals

The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) Governor revealed today, June 24th, that the Phuket Sandbox has already been scheduled to welcome more than 1,500 foreign tourists on its first day. Special tourist promotions are also planned to attract vaccinated domestic Thai tourists.

Governor Yuthasak Supasorn stated more than 1,500 people would arrive on the first flights to the island on July 1st and would gradually increase until the end of the third quarter.

It is expected that a target goal of 100,000 foreign tourists would visit the island generating significant tourism dollars for the economy by the end of the third quarter.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/06/24/phuket-to-welcome-more-than-1500-foreign-tourists-on-first-day-of-phuket-sandbox-tourism-authority-governor-reveals/

I don’t understand how 1500 Farangs can be expected to arrive on July 1, if the COE process is still not ready to process quarantine free arrivals.

12 hours ago, ICELANDMAN said:

Because I no like liars, but I don't stop you from believing it

It’s not unreasonable to believe the scientific consensus.

It is unreasonable to believe lunatics on the internet who don’t believe the consensus of the medical community. PCR testing is the best way to determine Covid infection.

But, what is your point in attacking PCR testing?

Edited by Danderman123

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

It’s not unreasonable to believe the scientific consensus.

It is unreasonable to believe lunatics on the internet who don’t believe the consensus of the medical community.

It is also unreasonable to infer that it is only people ( or lunatics as you stated)  on the internet who don't believe the medical community. Whilst social discourse face to face appear to be a dying trend due to internet based social media ,  it is surprising how many people I talk to face to face have similar issues with believing medical opinions.