Phuket Tourism Association denies reports only legally married foreigners and Thais can share hotel rooms

webfact

5 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Damn.............so if we weren't legally married she would have to stay behind at home...............damn.

No, have another single room. That's no problem as long as it opposite each other. Can take it in term which room to sleep in. 

3 hours ago, khunPer said:

I wonder if that will reduce the number of visitors during the sandbox period...????

If this is true and that it will be applied to all of Thailand, this country will be completely different in a few years, it was known that the PM wanted to cleanse the country of prostitution and consequently the image of Thailand in the world, so to think back it could be real news.

• Like 1

July's upcoming Phuket trip reports:

Many Covid tests,

Must use a tracking app,

Bars were closed,

80% of restaurants and businesses were closed,

Must sleep with the wife,

...however the Taxi ride from the airport was wonderful this time!

• Haha 1

Just now, ICELANDMAN said:

If this is true and that it will be applied to all of Thailand, this country will be completely different in a few years, it was known that the PM wanted to cleanse the country of prostitution and consequently the image of Thailand in the world, so to think back it could be real news.

But first he has to ensure that examples are set from the very top down. The antics of his ministers in ThongLor clearly illustrates he will never achieve what may be his own moral ambitions.

However he must realise also that the real world is significantly different from the dream world he appears to live in.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tukadadoll said:

I wish TV could stop posting this type of rubbish. Publishing a denial of a ridiculous story is a journalistic tactic that mostly disappeared in the seventies. Alas, it seems to have returned on the internet as clickbait.

Hear hear!

I feel the same way about the constant stream of government vaccine nonsense that TVF keeps printing as, (are you ready?) :  Webfact.

I thought TVF had a policy against fake news. I know the moderators often quote that when deleting something.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gold Star said:

July's upcoming Phuket trip reports:

Many Covid tests,

Must use a tracking app,

Bars were closed,

80% of restaurants and businesses were closed,

Must sleep with the wife,

...however the Taxi ride from the airport was wonderful this time!

Wait. What about the tracking wristband?

Whose wife did you sleep with and why do it in a taxi?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Excel said:

But first he has to ensure that examples are set from the very top down. The antics of his ministers in ThongLor clearly illustrates he will never achieve what may be his own moral ambitions.

However he must realise also that the real world is significantly different from the dream world he appears to live in.

I agree with you but a commentator said previously that in the LAOS it is not possible to live together if not married so the PM is according to his super traditional Thai point of view to apply the same law also in Thailand. So if this is true this news is very troubling, what will be next?

• Like 1

I am legally married to my Thai wife so this idea does not apply to me. Moreover, I don't want to appear to be supporting this notion but I thought I would point out, though, that other jurisdictions do have the law to limit hotel guests to a legally married spouse, children etc.

Just saying!

6 hours ago, webfact said:

"If foreigners arrive with a girlfriend, lover, sex partner they will not be permitted to stay together. 

But if a Thai man arrives from BKK with the gik or pub girl it's all good bro.

The AQS was bad enough but this is beyond the pale. Funny, the hypocrisy is absolutely stunning. A nation of 73m with 2m prostitute.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ICELANDMAN said:

I agree with you but a commentator said previously that in the LAOS it is not possible to live together if not married so the PM is according to his super traditional Thai point of view to apply the same law also in Thailand. So if this is true this news is very troubling, what will be next?

Possibly something that is unachievable , telling the truth at all times

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kynikoi said:

But if a Thai man arrives from BKK with the gik or pub girl it's all good bro.

The AQS was bad enough but this is beyond the pale. Funny, the hypocrisy is absolutely stunning. A nation of 73m with 2m prostitute.

So do you think that there are 2 million prostitutes in Thailand ? or is it the fact that most Thai women, due to culture, makes no secret of ensuring wherever possible they receive money from their men as recompense for providing home comforts, and also knowing that many Thai men may well cheat on them ? With respect to the former then surely that makes them no different to women in many other countries. With respect to the latter then again that is no different than other countries.  It is just that some women perhaps are luckier in that they out think there spouses. i.e Melinda Gates and Mackenzie Scott who received millions for their years of spousal support - are they in your book prostitutes also ?

11 minutes ago, ICELANDMAN said:

I will never settle down with a girl I can't live with before marriage. Too many people change after living together. Like for example say you have a girl and she acts all nice sweet and responsible. Then you are a person that has to have a clean kept place. But you only learn the trith that she is not a clean responsible person after start living together bas so does not wash dishses or do any cleaning and leaves the place looking disgusting always. Thats a hell of a lot of trouble to have to turn around and divorve her if can't live together first. 

• Like 1