Phuket Tourism Association denies reports only legally married foreigners and Thais can share hotel rooms

webfact

They're obviously trying to stop people bringing working girls back to the room for a session.

Unfortunately they've worded it in such a way that they've probably lost 10 of the 20 people that were intending to come. And all for nothing, because I'm pretty sure the working girl is going to know a room they can use somewhere on the island for such activities. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BobinBKK said:

Only in Arkansas and West Virginia USA... 555555

Fingers were poised to type something similar.....but chickened out....555

On my 9th ban so have to be careful.

Edited by Surelynot
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40002459

Rumour that unmarried foreign-Thai couples banned from Phuket debunked by tourism body

Not quite debunked.......just not confirmed i.e. only a rumor at present...

During the interview, Phummikit said that the cohabitation of Thai and foreign nationals in Phuket must comply with the law. However, this rule is yet to be clarified by authorities.

4 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

jump up and down on one leg, pat your head and rub your stomach.

anything else?

Genuflect to Mecca, sign away you first born son, eat only eat fiber for a month before coming, convert to Thallasacrucianism, memorize the Thai constitution, and master C++ coding to be allowed access to the sandbox

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

However, according to a statement, the association’s president, Khun Bhummikiit Ruktaengam, had been misinterpreted during an interview with Thai media. 

This would never happen... it would be the death of Phukat and all the other resorts.

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Will they never stop shooting themselves in the foot?

They've been doing it for so long and way too many times that the hole never fills in, the same as a piercing.  But they all seem to have the same aim so none of them even know that they're doing it anymore.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

jump up and down on one leg, pat your head and rub your stomach.

anything else?

Donate the contents of your wallet upon arrival...

trips from your hotel room to the ATM is allowed.. spend lavishly.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

"If foreigners arrive with a girlfriend, lover, sex partner they will not be permitted to stay together. 

That'd be enough to turn some to drink .. oops sorry is that in or out now .. what about a merchant bank or is that banned as well .. 

1 hour ago, smedly said:

as I said before - the only people using this facility in Phuket will be those wanting to return to Thailand and avoid ASQ but as the days move on they are getting closer and closer to ASQ

i did 15 days ASQ last month and it was a stress free walk in the park compared to some of this nonsense.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, grandpa said:

Only 6 days away from zero hour and they are introducing even more silly rules!  No-one that I know of carries their marriage certificate around with them!  And what right has anybody to deny partners who may have cohabited for many years their right to share a room!  Thailand gets madder every day!

Madder and much much stupider