Thailand reports 4,161 new COVID-19 cases, 51 more deaths

webfact

37 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

All flu viruses have different names but are generally referred to as the flu so I'm doing the same for this virus that's all.We all are aware of the different variants of the the flu and the devastating impact of the flu that occurs yet we still refer to it as the flu.The flu also happily mutates into different strains, so I'm just keeping in step with the precedent set by people referring to other viruses.I'm not doing something new here. 

This isn't generally referred to as the flu. It was in certain countries like the USA, the UK and Brazil and we all know what happened there. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

So they have no problem locking hundreds of migrant workers into their insanitary, filthy camps for a month, but when it comes to Thais in businesses, restaurants, shops etc where the virus has been found it's a no go ?? Every province that has too high numbers ( Chonburi today)needs to be locked down now, not this stupid 23.00hrs - 05.00hrs malarkey, all shops not selling food & essentials, restaurants, close at 20.00hrs no inter province travel, close the schools and get vaccinating like your life depends on it, because it does.

And still there are fools out there who think it's a good idea to go to a club, I hope they throw the book at them.

The facts are of course that the whole  thing is ridiculous,  just  like the BTS  where they are  crammed in daily like sardines unable to move an inch without being right up against someone else.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, anchadian said:

National Vaccination Rollout since 7 June:

DAY 1: 416,847

DAY 2: 472,128

- - - -

DAY 12: 263,415

DAY 13: 104,095

DAY 14: 91,879

DAY 15: 227,639

DAY 16: 241,639

DAY 17: 251,985

DAY 18: 257,103

DAY 19: 324,055

TOTAL: 4,880,957 #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1408670685350662144

i find the numbers reported to be highly suspect. They have the greatest motivation to overemphasise the numbers.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, tomyami said:

On another worring note Israel the most vaccinated country and with pfizer assumed to be the gold standard see a spike in cases have reintroduced mask indoor venues

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20210625-israel-resumes-indoor-mask-requirement-amid-virus-spike-1

But is  it really worrying, vaccinated  people can still spread covid  but arent they way more  likely to have no complicatiosn etc.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

So they have no problem locking hundreds of migrant workers into their insanitary, filthy camps for a month, but when it comes to Thais in businesses, restaurants, shops etc where the virus has been found it's a no go ?? Every province that has too high numbers ( Chonburi today)needs to be locked down now, not this stupid 23.00hrs - 05.00hrs malarkey, all shops not selling food & essentials, restaurants, close at 20.00hrs no inter province travel, close the schools and get vaccinating like your life depends on it, because it does.

And still there are fools out there who think it's a good idea to go to a club, I hope they throw the book at them.

"get vaccinating", ah now there's the rub. 

• Haha 1

Government spokesman Anucha Burapachaisri said the labor ministry will be responsible for compensation and meals for the workers, who are asked to stay at their camps for a month. Of the 38 active clusters around Bangkok reported Friday, 11 are construction worker camps.

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1408677261247541248

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Did you bother to checkwhere the Chonburri cases were? 

• Like 2

Just now, Danderman123 said:

Tell that to the 3 million dead.

Can you remind us about your degree in infectious diseases?

I already predicted your  extremly predictable answer, congrats. Bieng as a  few  months  back you were blathering on about Thailand being in control and how everything was  fine  I'm not surprised.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, sandyf said:

Neither testing or vaccination will reduce the number of cases to any great extent. The numbers have certainly taken a turn for the worst recently but I am not surprised.

We had electricity cut on Sunday(maintenance) and went over to Bang Saen for the afternoon. The beach was absolutely packed, even more so than a pre pandemic holiday weekend. Stretched from the old fishing pier towards Sri Ratch right along to the Ang Sila roundabout.

If the people have given up on the precautions then we are in for a bit of a rough ride.

If the beaches in Phuket were packed with tourists, the authorities would be celebrating a huge success.

in reality, the few vaccinated tourists that they get will be neither here nor there in terms of medical risk, nor boost to the economy. but the impact on the behavior of locals can be considerable. They hear talk of opening up, Phuket now, Samui soon, other islands, the whole country in 120 days, it’s all sanook, sanook, sanook.

and that is the nub of the issue that I have with the sandbox. Once again, I say a red herring leading down a cul de sac.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Government spokesman Anucha Burapachaisri said the labor ministry will be responsible for compensation and meals for the workers, who are asked to stay at their camps for a month. Of the 38 active clusters around Bangkok reported Friday, 11 are construction worker camps.

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1408677261247541248

So that'll be fish heads and a bowl of rice then, yummy

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, rabas said:

You may not be doing something new, but you are saying something wrong.

• SARS-2 is not a flu and never will be.
  • SARS-2 is not (yet) a seasonal disease and doesn't mutate like a seasonal flu.
  • Seasonal flu undergoes antigenic-drift, minor changes to avoid recent target immunity i.e., last years flu.
  • SARS-2 mutations are big jumps as it learns to better attack its host.  A bull in a China shop.

So, SARS-2 is not a flu and wouldn't mutate the same way even if it was.

I didn't say Sars Cov 2 was a flu I said it was a common cold virus so I don't know why you are talking about this aspect of it, if I did say it was a flu I would understand why you say this.I've heard several people refer to this as a seasonal disease especially in the colder climates where people tend to gather indoors more as they do with the flu.Again I didn't make any claim that the two viruses mutate the same way so you seem to be going off tangent somewhat.

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Troops to monitor construction worker housing in Bangkok for lockdown month

Army personnel will be deployed at construction worker housing facilities in Bangkok and its vicinities, to make sure that their residents remain confined to their camps throughout the one-month closure.

Lt-Gen Kongcheep Tantravanich, spokesman for the Defence Ministry, said today (Saturday) that Deputy Defence Minister Gen Chaicharn Changmongkol had convened a meeting, with the three armed forces, the Internal Security Operations Command and police, to discuss how the forces could support the government in the fight to contain the rapid spread of COVID-19, especially in and around Bangkok.

He said troops will be deployed at worker housing facilities to ensure their effective lockdown, whereas, in the four southern provinces, troops will support police and local officials inpreventing the interprovincial movement of people, which could contribute to the spread of the disease, particularly the Beta (South African) variant, which is now spreading in neighboring Malaysia.

More:

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/troops-to-monitor-construction-worker-housing-in-bangkok-for-lockdown-month/

They'll have no-one to gaurd. Not meaning this offensively but these areas right now will be like rats leaving a sinking ship.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Unfortunately I cant post the full list as its against fair usage I've been told, despite it being an important announcement, please click the link to discover the rest , there are 11 places aside from the 3 listed there:

TIMELINE: Pattaya and Chonburi informs residents who visited places in relation to most recent Covid -19 confirmed cases

• Jae Mam (noodle restaurant) at New Market Naklua, Pattaya from June 5th to June 21st from 8:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M..
  • MK restaurant at Big C in South Pattaya on June 12th from 4:00 P.M. to 5:00 P.M..
  • Khao Tabek Temple in Nong Kham, Si Racha on June 13th from 11:00 A.M. to 2:00 P.M. and on June 21st from 2:00 P.M. to 3:00 P.M..

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/06/26/timeline-pattaya-and-chonburi-informs-residents-who-visited-places-in-relation-to-most-recent-covid-19-confirmed-cases/

MK restaurant at big C? Might as well say big C. I doubt the people went to only the restaurant. Might be wrong of course.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

I only remember that people were allowed to go shopping one day a week.

I don’t remember any reports of the shops not having food.

I was allowed to go shopping two days a week. No problems buy a food, beer etc. Now life has been almost normal almost a one year. 

I rely for the most part on the information provided about the situation in Covid 19 because my trust is based on the facts I have experienced and seen.

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

The number of people in ICU and on ventilators has been increasing steadily over the last seven days.

ICU/VENTILATORS:

Sun: 1,374/390

Mon: 1,436/395

Tue: 1,479/410

Wed: 1,526/433

Thu: 1,564/445

Fri: 1,603/460

Sat: 1,662/470 <—- Today #Thailand

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1408666803350343686

The question is how many ventilators are there available and how many open icu beds outside of Bangkok are available.