Thailand reports 4,161 new COVID-19 cases, 51 more deaths

webfact

1 minute ago, Excel said:

And that must be strictly enforced for it to be effective. If the Thai military won't do it because it impacts their pals freedoms, then ask the Chinese, they will sort this riff raff out and very quickly.

For all their faults, the Thai government are not as bad as the dictatorship in China.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Nice to see you admit that they are not true artifacts but anomalies that are not good at all.  Testing here as I have been saying is filled with flaws, and if they would randomly test in the communities they might get ahead of this, however, they are not concerned it appears and only wish to lock down construction sites and workers camps.  This is not just in those locations.  Are they really that ignorant to see that they are only large areas, while there are plenty of smaller areas spreading outwards like tentacles.  

what is it with the sad emoji for almost every post on this thread - is it a stuck key or someone that needs genuine help - and I am being serious not slating off - nobody could possibly be that sad without needing external support

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, brewsterbudgen said:

For all their faults, the Thai government are not as bad as the dictatorship in China.

Well that is only your opinion so as you are neither Thai nor Chinese.  For a true opinion then you should ask the average Thai of their opinion about their government and then ask the average Chinese about theirs. Anything else is just bias and opinion.

1 hour ago, Swimfan said:

A full lockdown of Bangkok and provinces with high case loads

nobody wants that and all that comes with it but they are quickly running out of options - some hard choices are going to have to be made and soon

I remember last year stuck in my room for weeks with curfews at night

1 hour ago, Marvin Hagler said:

1. As long as they continue this completely false narrative that cases are only happening in workers camps and factories then Thailand is completely doomed. It is everywhere now.

2. The real numbers are likely 10 times higher than stated if not more. You cannot effectively monitor and then build approprate measures if you are denying reality in this way.

3. Stop calling them clusters. This is throughout the whole of the community now and can no longer be classified as clusters. Again this continuos denial of reality only makes the issue worse.

4. There is no way in gods good earth that this is only focuses on Bangkok. It’s just that Bangkok is where the most testing is happening. In places like Chang Mai and Koran and Udon Thani tests may be in the hundreds or even tens per day.

5. The people in charge are in completely over their heads and have absolutely no idea what they are doing or what to do next. 

a perfect summary 

5 minutes ago, smedly said:

the number on the bus

I never travel in buses. 

So when I land udon Thani airport (example) who do I turn myself in to?

Sheriff?

So your saying that buses coming into Isan are checked with roadblock?

Edited by DrJack54

My GF just informed me that two of her Aunts from down in Bang Na are now in the hospital where they have been moved from a field hospital.  One is apparently in very serious condition and my GF is trying to find out more but is not able to get any information as to which hospital she was transferred to late yesterday.  Not sounding very good for her based upon the report from her husband who is still in the field hospital and so are their two children.

• Sad 10

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

My GF just informed me that two of her Aunts from down in Bang Na are now in the hospital where they have been moved from a field hospital.  One is apparently in very serious condition and my GF is trying to find out more but is not able to get any information as to which hospital she was transferred to late yesterday.  Not sounding very good for her based upon the report from her husband who is still in the field hospital and so are their two children.

Your GF has a husband?

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Nup. It's both plus real mass testing and tracing. Also putting all your eggs into the vaccine basket is problematic. Prophylaxis must also be in the mix.

The chances of that happening are about the same as the silly sandbox theory going ahead and being a huge success.

That will be the next announcement - cancelled.  And the only ones left holding the bag are those that are foolish enough to have fallen for it.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

I never travel in buses. 

So when I land udon Thani airport (example) who do I turn myself in to?

Sheriff?

So your saying that buses coming into Isan are checked with roadblock?

It is common in the village for the headman to mandate and enforce Covid restrictions. Everyone knows when someone arrives from Bangkok, or a Farang is in town.

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Headed out to load up on supplies and restock the pantry.  I have a bad feeling the feces is about to hit the fan and don't want to be caught short.

I can’t think of any country where Covid was so bad that stores did not have inventory, apart from toilet paper and the like.

2 minutes ago, Blumpie said:

The chances of that happening are about the same as the silly sandbox theory going ahead and being a huge success.

That will be the next announcement - cancelled.  And the only ones left holding the bag are those that are foolish enough to have fallen for it.  

I doubt they would cancel the Sandbox any more than they cancelled the STV.

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

It is common in the village for the headman to mandate and enforce Covid restrictions. Everyone knows when someone arrives from Bangkok, or a Farang is in town.

So now it's that the "quarantine" (your word in previous post about this") along with PCR test is for villages.

Not for the cities in Isan

Edited by DrJack54

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I can’t think of any country where Covid was so bad that stores did not have inventory, apart from toilet paper and the like.

I guess you don't recall what happened in China when their lockdown occurred.  People were all going hungry because there was no food.  None.  

14 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

It is common for the one or two to be sad for most of the posts they want to comment on as apparently it is much to factual and brings them sadness.  I only post a sad emoji when the subject truly is sad like the post on the children in a daycare facility found to be infected.  That was sad.

my post was not directed at you ????

• Sad 1