Pattaya: 121 foreigners and Thais arrested drinking alcohol at restaurants and beach gatherings

webfact

3 minutes ago, skorp13 said:

They busted one of probably 100's of gatherings that happen every night. They are not controlling anything they're only putting people out of work

In fairness, bars should not be breaking the rules, but looking at the source of each outbreak it is not a bar, so opening up bars would not do more harm than keeping markets open which are the source of outbreaks

"Some tried to disguise themselves with leaves, said the media without explaining fully."

When I was a kid, we used to say "Make like a tree and leaf" Witty, eh?

I reckon most don't give a fig. Lettuce agree on that.

• Haha 2

I hope you are building bigger jails. With all these tourist coming soon many would like to have a drink with their meal. It's bad enough they have to sleep alone and now they can't have a beer with their meal. Why should they come?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BestB said:

Of course you do not know, testis have not dropped yet, Once it does, you will understand a lot more, but nevertheless, i still love you, no less than all the thai and russian girls and we all want to be with you

And indeed, you right, the young saw the writing on the wall, hence why they work as "managers" in bars begging for drinks to survive.

I won't report your post; since you are clearly already struggling.

I don't know anything about those 'managers'. This thread concerns two establishments. Do any of those managers you mention work there? Are any of the people who were at either of these establishments on furlough or even from a country that has such a system?

It seems that some people just use this forum to vent regarding their general unhappiness about everything. Happy people write positively.

I simply cannot understand why someone would pollute a thread with bile concerning young people and furlough and....

So old man who testes have dropped.... thanks for your insight into the thinking of some old people. Methinks I will continue to avoid the like.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

I am not talking about people that have to stay in construction camps. I am talking about people like you see on the pictures partying and drinking together. It was the same when the entertainment venues were allowed to be open but with Covid restrictions. Many simply did not care and so they are also responsible for the huge problems all others have to suffer now. There need to be harsch punishments for such such careless egoistic people. It does not make sense to make laws and regulations and then not to enforce them. 

same thing happened in the U.S. stupid kids out of spring break who do not give a hoot about the Pandemic and think that they are entitled and invulnerable.  meanwhile spreading the virus.  its a known fact that the adolescent brain does not fully mature until late into the twenties.  still no excuse.  ship them out.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The Bankok BIB obviously handle it a different way. The provincial crew with Police in attendance visited 12 "Restaurants" in Soi 8 & 4, 11 of which had alcohol being served.

Big photo sessions with staff, police & officers & off they went.

One hour later "business as usual"

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

and who said allowing alcohol in restaurants would be a good idea?!

lol - humans be humans ????

and idiots be idiots

5 hours ago, ezzra said:

Yeah.. way to go to get good publicity for Thailand's "sandboxes"...put this on an international news news and see how many so called tourists will rush to book flights to Thailand...

Why @ezzra? Pattaya isn't a sandbox being touted internationally as a safe place for drinking <deleted> and being stupid. Pattaya's <deleted> drinking idiots are already here by the looks of things.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grain said:

Yep, not allowed to sit on the beach, not allowed to drink alcohol in a restaurant, not allowed to stay in the same room as your Thai GF/partner if you're not legally married. May as well go to Saudi for a holiday.

Every time I see someone suggesting that "government" is the answer such as in health care, I see examples like this one where bureaucrats in government do not make rationale decisions.  I have said this before, there are numerous venues including government waiting rooms that are more crowded, see more people daily, and are more likely of spreading covid than in a bar.  Certainly more likely than sitting in either an open air restaurant or on a beach.  Yet the logic or lack thereof doesn't phase them since they are unaffected by the decision.  If it was private enterprise they would immediately recognize the negative impression created by photos showing people including foreigners arrested.  It does beg the question, can the Thai government make up its mind.  Does it want to promote Thailand as a paradise that tourists will want to visit or does it want to showcase its intolerance and inhospitable attitude.  In today's world with the internet, do you really believe this story and others like it have not made it around the world. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

just remember peeps..

gathering in a bar BAD

gathering in a factory GOOD! ????

carry on.

I agree that this is so stupid. I can eat in a restaurant with no mask, but can't have a beer. Stupid 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, skorp13 said:

They busted one of probably 100's of gatherings that happen every night. They are not controlling anything they're only putting people out of work

I think you are totally wrong..... there must be 1000’s of gatherings every night !!!

This one was just a better opportunity for the hypocritical BiB to get some money.....  I don’t believe for a second that any of those police to instigated and carried out the raid follow any of their own regulations....  

I know for a fact a load of police who are in bars, having parties and continuing as normal albeit not in the public eye... Just like gambling, etc.. scratch the surface and everything is ‘going on’...   but when the ‘unfortunate’ are targeted the faux-outrage and sanctimony comes out in force. 

The issue here is not so much that there are those who have broken covid-19 regulations but these who made those very regulations and those who enforce those regulations are most likely to be those very people who brake them.....  IF you don’t believe me, you haven’t 'scratched the surface' !!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Must have been some of those SAS troopers who hang around in Pattaya.

My 20 years of uniformed service taught me to fly low under the radar and avoid the corrupt enforcers of the "tolls".