Vaccination (To be or not to be)

DUNROAMIN

The wife and I have had our first shots.  Also lots of people I know that have had the vaccine.  Only one person I know had a problem.  His arm bruised all the way down to his elbow.  Doctor said it was because he was on blood thinners.

As I said in another thread getting Covid-19 has about a 20% chance of giving you blood clots compared to about .001% chance from a vaccine.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, jomtienisgood said:

Try boosting with some Lao Kao.. ( just kidding )

For about a million years I never had to say "just kidding"......until I came to Thailand.  Now i have to say it....   hahahahhahahahahah

try boosting it with 100 ladyboys, 75 bar girls and a bottle of worm juice

I'm not going to put the ((((((           )))))))       hahaha

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

TWO fully Vaccinated people caught the Delta variant....

OMG............i hope this motivates more people to search for some special vax that protects us from everything.   Now I'm thinking one more year.........crazy.  

The vaccines , seem , to be fully operational ONLY after 2 weeks upon the 2nd shot; Just imagine how many people infected by any virus may be walking around in the hospital where you get vaccinated.....

Avoid the Chinese Vaccines.

Astra Zeneca isn't very affective:

"blood from those who got the AstraZeneca vaccine was eight times less effective in blocking the Delta variant compared with the original strain."

Hopefully they start importing Pfeizer and Moderna. 

These mutations are making Astra Seneca and Sinovac obsolete.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, NorthernRyland said:

The "fact checkers" just walked back this one https://www.politifact.com/li-meng-yan-fact-check/. Oops. Lets see what they say about the risks of vaccines 12 months from now. Time will tell.

They call it pants on fire , i would do the same if i where making billions of dollars in the farmecutical industry and those connected to these billions . The WHO sended people to china to check and after only a few days they reported that it did not originate from a lab . In the meantime they went back there becaise they wern't that sure . As you say , Time will tell . 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheFishman1 said:

I live in Chiang Mai I would love to get the vaccine yet I cannot due to the lack of vaccine available in Chiang Mai TIT

I don't know of any Thais that are willing to take the Sinovac jab.  

It doesn't matter really matter here in Sakon Nakhon as this probably be one of the last provinces offering Vaccines.

We have paid and made appointments for Moderna at Udon Thani Bangkok Hospital.  Hopefully we don't get it before then

I refuse to take Sinovac or Sinopharm as these would bar me from returning home to Western countries. I had an appointment scheduled for Astra Zeneca earlier in June, but upon arrival at the hospital I was informed it was switched to Sinovac. I told the doctor that simply isn't going to happen, turned around and walked away!!!

• Confused 1

37 minutes ago, rwill said:

As I said in another thread getting Covid-19 has about a 20% chance of giving you blood clots

Where did you get that number from? If that was true there would be at least 6 million blood clotting cases in the US alone. Maybe they're not that dangerous or only effect the very old.

• Like 1

It's not like playing Russian roulette at all.  This is perhaps the mistake you are making.

There is only a very, very small risk for a male over 60 who is otherwise in reasonable health.  It makes no sense to compare vaccines, since they all carry this same tiny risk.

38 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Avoid the Chinese Vaccines.

Astra Zeneca isn't very affective:

"blood from those who got the AstraZeneca vaccine was eight times less effective in blocking the Delta variant compared with the original strain."

Hopefully they start importing Pfeizer and Moderna. 

These mutations are making Astra Seneca and Sinovac obsolete.

The Chinese vaccines are WHO approved.

The AZ vaccine appears to be equally as effective/ineffective as the mRNA vaccines.

Misinformation at its worst. What is more, what goes for one vaccine seems to go for all in terms of mutations, with some graded differences.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BobinBKK said:

I refuse to take Sinovac or Sinopharm as these would bar me from returning home to Western countries. I had an appointment scheduled for Astra Zeneca earlier in June, but upon arrival at the hospital I was informed it was switched to Sinovac. I told the doctor that simply isn't going to happen, turned around and walked away!!!

Mistake.  Better to be vaccinated than not.  Also, the vaccines approved by WHO, will likely be added to the accepted list of most countries.

You are not barred from returning to any country, though rules may be applied. 

Huge error.

55 minutes ago, rwill said:

The wife and I have had our first shots.  Also lots of people I know that have had the vaccine.  Only one person I know had a problem.  His arm bruised all the way down to his elbow.  Doctor said it was because he was on blood thinners.

As I said in another thread getting Covid-19 has about a 20% chance of giving you blood clots compared to about .001% chance from a vaccine.

Getting covid19 does not give you a 20% chance of developing blood clots- absolute rubbish.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

Mistake.  Better to be vaccinated than not.  Also, the vaccines approved by WHO, will likely be added to the accepted list of most countries.

You are not barred from returning to any country, though rules may be applied. 

Huge error.

Please feel free to go educate yourself...

Source: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-04-25/vaccine-travel-rules-widen-the-rift-between-china-and-the-west

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

There is only a very, very small risk for a male over 60 who is otherwise in reasonable health. 

I've never seen stats of COVID deaths  by age for perfectly healthy people. CDC only keeps aggregated stats by condition. To this day I don't know what the risk for age X with perfect health is and the authorities have never even tried to educate us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

Should I eat an apple or an orange?

Some people say the apple and some say the orange.

Some people would say to make your own decision.

3 minutes ago, BobinBKK said:

5 minutes ago, BobinBKK said:

Would it not be better if you did so?

5 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

I've never seen stats of COVID deaths  by age for perfectly healthy people. CDC only keeps aggregated stats by condition. To this day I don't know what the risk for age X with perfect health is and the authorities have never even tried to educate us.

Nevertheless, this is about vaccinations.

The risk appears to be in the order 2-3 per million with most vaccines, and this does not factor in health status.

Regarding the illness itself- in truth a truly fit and healthy person has a very small risk of dying of covid19 infection, but there are really not many such people these days- if you have a BMI of 22, run 2 miles 2 or 3 times a week (or equivalent) themn you may possibly be considered fit and healthy.

• Thanks 1

You can just play the odds.

If you get vaccinated, there is a 1 in 100,000 chance you will have sort of allergic reaction and get very sick or even die. In other words, for every 100,000 people getting vaccinated one person will have a severe and potentially fatal reaction.

If you get Covid, there is a 1 in 1,000 chance you will be seriously ill and die. This assumes a healthy population. That is, one person will die for every thousand people who catch Covid. The fatality rate is much higher for those over 60 and with other chronic ailments (perhaps 1 in 100 will die).

If you are vaccinated, you can still catch Covid, but the risk of fatality will drop from 1 in 1,000 to less than 1 in 100, 000.

It's all about playing the odds. Chances are you will be just fine if you don't vaccinate. You will be voluntarily increasing your risk of death slightly. So long as you aware and voluntarily except this extra risk.

You could take the vaccine if you want to minimise this risk. There is also a societal benefit because the risk of Covid spread and mortality to the community is reduced the more people who are vaccinated.

I also suspect that vaccination will make life much easier if you want to travel or live a free lifestyle in Thailand.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I am waiting for Moderna to arrive in October, might be a little late, however I let the AZ pass me by, by forgoing my appointment

Moderna is already oversubscribed. There's lots of middle-class who can afford to pay & are as well-informed (that's a joke, Son) as we are.

18 minutes ago, Stevemercer said:

If you are vaccinated, you can still catch Covid, but the risk of fatality will drop from 1 in 1,000 to less than 1 in 100, 000.

Link to peer reviewed statistics please.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

We don't know what happens to people who use the gene therapy vaccines in 5 years or even 12 months! That's the issue given these are experimental technology. 

We also don't know what will happen to ourselves in 5 years or even 12 months with or without the vaccines.

The crystal ball is out of order, however, we all have choices to either jump on the ship before it sails and hope she sails smoothly or sink, I will take my chances with the Moderna vax, don enough research on it to feel she will keep me afloat, for now at least.

4 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I am waiting for Moderna to arrive in October, might be a little late, however I let the AZ pass me by, by forgoing my appointment, that said, it's all about choices and up to you.

A lot here on TVF have received both, the Sinovac and AZ, no one dying, suffice to say, it's a one in a million you will go to your grave early with a vax, as for the vax, the stats appear to be good.

But "up to you" 

'I am waiting for Moderna to arrive in October, might be a little late, however I let the AZ pass me by'

Given what you write, why on earth did you forego the AZ?

What is so better about the Moderna that it is worth risking infection in what now looks like the teeth of an imminent epidemic in Thailand?

Perhaps you've already realized your error.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1