Vaccination (To be or not to be)

DUNROAMIN

12 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

The gene therapy vaccines are new medical technology being issued under emergency use authorization. They appear safe but we don't know what the long term effects will be as they've not been in circulation even 12 months. Too many people have been injected to be able to properly monitor and track adverse effects. We'll know more in the following months and years.

Age is the single biggest factor. Look at the this chart from the US (pop. 330 million).  These are people who merely had C19 written on their death certificate and doesn't say anything about their health or other disease present.

How do you make the proper risk/reward calculation with this very aggregate and corse data? I have no idea! Good luck. 

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm#AgeAndSex

1964443866_ScreenShot2021-06-27at8_35_22PM.png.a95e7ec99cbbe536556cfbfbaa3f21e2.png

Please stop writing all this piffle about 'genetic therapy'.

Quote from Cornell Uni:

What mRNA vaccines do is prompt a few of your cells near the injection site to produce the spike protein. This then primes your immune system to build the antibodies and T-cells that will fight off the real coronavirus infection when it comes.

It’s not hugely different from how traditional vaccines work. But instead of injecting a weakened live or killed virus, the mRNA approach trains your immune system directly with a single protein.

Contrary to assertions made by opponents, it won’t turn you or anyone else into a GMO. mRNA stays in the cytoplasm, where the ribosomes are. It does not enter the nucleus and cannot interact with your DNA or cause any changes to the genome. No Frankencure here, either.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, BusyB said:

Please stop writing all this piffle about 'genetic therapy'.

Quote from Cornell Uni:

What mRNA vaccines do is prompt a few of your cells near the injection site to produce the spike protein. This then primes your immune system to build the antibodies and T-cells that will fight off the real coronavirus infection when it comes.

It’s not hugely different from how traditional vaccines work. But instead of injecting a weakened live or killed virus, the mRNA approach trains your immune system directly with a single protein.

Contrary to assertions made by opponents, it won’t turn you or anyone else into a GMO. mRNA stays in the cytoplasm, where the ribosomes are. It does not enter the nucleus and cannot interact with your DNA or cause any changes to the genome. No Frankencure here, either.

Thankyou !!!! 

Too many nutters who ‘don’t know what they don’t know’ yet spout utter rubbish.

Those with concerns over the long term safety of these vaccines seem to love the ‘alternate’ media, love the hysteria and the paranoid, yet fail to present an argument which isn’t readily torn apart by laymen who’ve applied their minds and carried out just a little bit of intelligent research.

The mRNA acronym is a dog whistle for those who’ve watched crime shows yet never knew what DNA actually is when found spaffed over the sheets of a crime scene, they certainly never understood the difference and link between deoxy and ribo…. 

The ‘m’ part they might understand when googling !!!…. 

clue: it’s ‘m’ for messenger not ‘a’ for altering !!! ????

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Thankyou !!!! 

Too many nutters who ‘don’t know what they don’t know’ yet spout utter rubbish.

Those with concerns over the long term safety of these vaccines seem to love the ‘alternate’ media, love the hysteria and the paranoid yet fail to present argument which isn’t readily torn apart by laymen who’ve applied their minds and carried out intelligent research.

The mRNA acronym is a dog whistle for those who had previously never understood the difference and link between deoxy and ribo…. 

The ‘m’ part they might understand when googling !!!…. 

clue: it’s ‘m’ for messenger not ‘a’ for altering !!! ????

Has anyone heard where the factory is that Bill Gates is using to manufacture the chips he puts in the vaccines?

No?

Funny that, I'd have thought an operation that size would have been leaked by someone by now - papers/TV stations would pay the biggest fee in history for that.

Odd when you think that Hancock can't even get a snog with 'is bit without being plastered all over the news 55555.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

That's the official policy of the Irish government so apparently they've done the calculations. Age is the important factor here. If you're 18 the experimental gene therapy vaccines make no sense to risk, but if you're over 50 then they do.

"experimental gene therapy vaccines" I would change the word "experimental" to "imaginary" or "non-existent" since there are no such vaccines.

Edited by cdemundo
tried to enter quote, decided it was redundant

6 hours ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

flu vax available every winter now for over 30 years

pneumonia has no vax

Sorry, we didn't want you to know about Prevnar 13 or Pneumovax 23.

They are a secret.

Don't tell anyone.

Just kidding, I don't know if they are available everywhere.

18 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

What are you talking about "no such vaccines"?

AS has been said repeatedly in this thread, the mRNA vaccines are not gene therapy.

You can say it as many times as you want, it still isn't true.

See posts in this thread by BusyB and RichardSmith237 for further explanation.

If you had spent as much time and energy to understand them as you had blathering your totally unqualified opinion you would know they are not gene therapy.

For anyone interested in understanding, not you I know, here is a helpful link":

"How the Pfizer-BioNTech Vaccine Works"

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/health/pfizer-biontech-covid-19-vaccine.html

Edited by cdemundo

3 minutes ago, cdemundo said:

AS has been said repeatedly in this thread, the mRNA vaccines are not gene therapy.

You can say it as many times as you want, it still isn't true.

Yes they are. One of the literal inventors of mRNA vaccines said as much himself. Gene therapy technology applied to vaccines.  From Google:

Gene therapy is an experimental technique that uses genes to treat or prevent disease. In the future, this technique may allow doctors to treat a disorder by inserting a gene into a patient's cells instead of using drugs or surgery.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

Yes they are. One of the literal inventors of mRNA vaccines said as much himself. Gene therapy technology applied to vaccines.  From Google:

Yes, I see you have a medical degree from the MedLinePlus website.

The more widely used understanding of gene therapy is permanently replacing a patient's DNA with foreign DNA.

Look at the link to how Pfizer works and see if you can understand it.

Maybe it will help you get the bug out of your axx.

1 hour ago, cdemundo said:

Yes, I see you have a medical degree from the MedLinePlus website.

The more widely used understanding of gene therapy is permanently replacing a patient's DNA with foreign DNA.

Look at the link to how Pfizer works and see if you can understand it.

Maybe it will help you get the bug out of your axx.

you're getting autistic on the definition of gene therapy. We understand. Please enjoy your experimental biotech injection and don't forget your booster for next season.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Thomas J said:

I am not sure about that but if you take them and start scooting your butt on the floor or feel compelled to raise your head and go baa, you are having a side effect and you should discontinue immediately. 

I didn't post the post you are replying to. I replied to the same post explaining I don't know about this medicine. But I ate cat food and am still OK.... Something got mixed up in IT...

6 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

you're getting autistic on the definition of gene therapy. We understand. Please enjoy your experimental biotech injection and don't forget your booster for next season.

A shot of Sang Som should do..????

7 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

COVID-19 vaccine generates immune structures critical for lasting immunity

Vaccines likely induce strong, persistent immunity to COVID-19

https://medicine.wustl.edu/news/covid-19-vaccine-generates-immune-structures-critical-for-lasting-immunity/

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Tony125 said:

Not 2 types but 3  Check chart below

thumbnail.jpg.db278af461b5fe256dda4905e54290ef.jpg

Your right, I did skip over the modified anenovirus vaccines.  These take advantage of the infection ability of the adenovirus, the one that gives you head colds, to insert the correct RNA into some of your cells so that they will produce non-COVID-19 viruses with the COVID-19 surface spikes to activate the bodies immune system to the COVID-19 virus.  The action is very much like that of a weakened virus vaccine.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2021 at 9:40 AM, NorthernRyland said:

The gene therapy vaccines are new medical technology being issued under emergency use authorization. They appear safe but we don't know what the long term effects will be as they've not been in circulation even 12 months. Too many people have been injected to be able to properly monitor and track adverse effects. We'll know more in the following months and years.

Age is the single biggest factor. Look at the this chart from the US (pop. 330 million).  These are people who merely had C19 written on their death certificate and doesn't say anything about their health or other disease present.

How do you make the proper risk/reward calculation with this very aggregate and corse data? I have no idea! Good luck. 

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm#AgeAndSex

1964443866_ScreenShot2021-06-27at8_35_22PM.png.a95e7ec99cbbe536556cfbfbaa3f21e2.png

Followed the link. It connected me to another which showed your contention "These are people who merely had C19 written on their death certificate and doesn't say anything about their health or other disease present." to be false.

"Table 3 shows the types of health conditions and contributing causes mentioned in conjunction with deaths involving coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). The number of deaths that mention one or more of the conditions indicated is shown for all deaths involving COVID-19 and by age groups. For over 5% of these deaths, COVID-19 was the only cause mentioned on the death certificate. For deaths with conditions or causes in addition to COVID-19, on average, there were 4.0 additional conditions or causes per death. For data on deaths involving COVID-19 by time-period, jurisdiction, and other health conditions," 

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm#Comorbidities

13 minutes ago, BobinBKK said:

I only associate with people higher education such as myself.

Waoow, what a statement.. But the you should also know Th people don't like more farang than they like Cn... (apart from YOU then) 

And by the way I would say " people of higher education "

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, jomtienisgood said:

Waoow, what a statement.. But the you should also know Th people don't like more farang than they like Cn... (apart from YOU then) 

And by the way I would say " people of higher education "

Honestly I don't care and if YOU had any intelligence YOU would have figured that out by now. Judging by your lack of spelling and grammar skills makes it pretty clear.  

• Haha 2

Simple really. Your risk of death from Vaccination is about 1-3 in a million. Very few countries have a Covid-19 Death rate of less than 20 per million. The global average is over 500 per million - Therefore any betting man can see vaccines are a winner.

Also many countries who did well last year are now suffering - Australia is struggling to maintain no Covid-19, the new variants are so transmissible that even quarantine arrangements cannot always stop it. Thailand - last year 60 deaths, this year over 1900 and going up by 20-40 a day, total daily cases slowly growing.

How effective is vaccination - well it may not stop you getting Covid-19, but it certainly cuts the risk of you dying - look at the UK - 7 day average of daily cases over 10,000, 7 day average of daily deaths is about 10. This is about 95% better case to death ratio than countries with poor vaccination rates (so one plus point for Astra-Zeneca).

Unless you can isolate at home for ever, vaccination is always a good bet.

• Like 2

On 6/28/2021 at 9:27 AM, DogNo1 said:

I have ordered a bottle of Ivermectin 6 mg tablets through Lazada.  They are formulated for the treating of parasites in sheep, dogs, etc.

I don't know whether their formulation is suitable for humans.   It Germany, there are expensive 3,6 and 9 mg tablets available for human prescriptions.  I wonder whether the tablets for animals may be safe for human use.  Does anyone know? I don't have the ability to buy the German tablets right now.

I don't know the prescription. I know if you are positive with no symptoms you will be fine when you eat good food, good rest and exercise and cannot spread to anyone. No virus in the history with no symptoms can spread.

• Sad 1

On 6/26/2021 at 3:35 PM, Led Lolly Yellow Lolly said:

Maybe you heard, it's been on the news quite a bit, Covid also causes death. At the time of this post, 3.91 million people worldwide have died from Covid-19. Can you guess how many people died from vaccination? And, can you tell me how many of those that allegedly died from vaccination would probably have died anyway?

I suggest you adjust your risk mitigation strategy, get yourself vaccinated, stop reading h0rse$#!t websites (anti-vaxxers and the people that believe them are the dumbest people on Earth (the round Earth, ROUND!)) and make your decisions based on real world observations, not some fringe lunatic.

Please close this topic, we don't need another one, for the love of god.

But how many people died from the flu?  How many people would have died from almost any ailment because they were weak, old, obese, diabetic, had emphysema, or any number of underlying conditions?  In the first few months in the USA doctors and hospitals were signing off on death certificates often without even testing since test kits were hard to come by and they decided it was not important to know for sure.  So I would take any mortality statistics with a grain of salt.  Also, bear in mind that you have no idea how many people actually had, or have the COVID since they do not test the entire population.  Odds are it is no more lethal than the flu in a bad season. 

• Sad 1