Packets And Bytes

Farma

My internet provider has placed a daily download limit on accounts. My connection status shows packets rather than bytes sent and received.

I’ve asked the provider what the difference is between bytes and packets and so far they haven’t given me an answer.

What is the difference between a Byte and a packet?

Thanks for that but how many bytes make up a packet? Is there a calculation of the number of bytes to a packet.

The reason I ask is they will cut my connection for 24 hours if I exceed the download limit and I need to know so i don't exceed the limit.

"I’ve asked the provider what the difference is between bytes and packets and so far they haven’t given me an answer."

:o

Did you really asked them question like this?!.....

say thank u that they know to say I-N-T-E-N-E-T ..

Data limited packages 'usually' come with a web page where you can check your usage, I'm sure your ISP will provide this service, having said that, we are in Thailand.

Unfortunately i'm in the deep dark depths of the middle east at the moment and the internet service here is worse than any i've experienced in Thailand. 6 times the cost of cyber gold with a 1/10th of the speed run by a cowboy outfit to boot.

There is a way to see your network throughput in windows.

Open Task Manager using (ctrl-alt-del)

Select Networking.

View -> Select Columns.

Tick Bytes Received - Bytes Sent.