Unidentified foreigner arrested for allegedly stealing two bottles of liquor in Pattaya and attempting to flee across nearby rooftops, claims he is homesick and wants to be sent back to his country

webfact

10 minutes ago, TKDfella said:

Ha, don't believe it...what makes this guy think they'll just hand him an ticket home? Jail time then 'go fund me' eh?

Not sure you take what anyone says immediately or hours after being arrested in this state as true intent - guy clearly drunk prior and will remain in an agitated state for several more hours yet - I doubt he really expects a plane ticket and a lift to swampy.

Edited by asiam110

39 minutes ago, asiam110 said:

Maybe his mama will turn up to the police station with him for the wai'ing ceremony as is tradition in the land of no responsibility.. This is only news because he's foreign, this type of nonsense happens in thousands of local villages across the country every night - for house thrashing, to gambling gone wrong, to the crazy drunk

Nope! Mom will go to the local newspaper and complain that her little angel is being held in jail and was beaten up by Thais.

She will blame Thailand and demand her embassy bring her angel from this hell hole country.

• Like 2

Not giving a name is silly ploy as until police have that he can't be officially processed and he will just remain in custodial cells. He will likely get Covid tested under current practice and if positive will be sent wherever such cases go for those in custody. While only a finable offence, he makes it harder by continuing to be silly.

4 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

I would never do that.  Of course I'm too old at 67 to scale rooftops carrying 2 cases of beer, even cans. 

Thailand needs to come up with a TV show like "You wouldn't believe it" that features these people. 

Where do you get "2 cases of beer, or even cans"?

The post clearly states "two bottles of liquor"

Anyway, if he was identified, and British, no doubt it would be plastered over the headline - otherwise it would just be "foreigner"

3 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Come on now, play what country? With those short shorts he's not a yank, Canadian, Aussie. Has to be something like Belgium or German.

Yea he is far to slim to be an American. America nr 1 like you love to say. Nr for sure in "big"  people. 

This guy  is relatively slim so yes more inclined to say its an European.

14 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

i would steal condoms that is how you would know it was me, but they are all too small at 7 eleven. 

So if we see a story about "Foreigner caught stealing carrier bags at 7/11" we will know its you then.

5 hours ago, smedly said:

The foreign man told police at the scene, according to Police Lieutenant Pisit Sincharoonsak, that he was homesick and wanted to be sent back to his own country and wanted to be caught.

I

But it doesn't work like that!

Thailand isn't a soft country of Nanna state, like European ones are.

You go to court, get convicted, serve your time THEN after this is over, you are transported to the famous Immigration centre to await funds from your family, relatives or friends being sent to pay for your flight, because sure as hell the Embassy isn't going to pay.

There you will eat and sleep disgustingly if you haven't the funds to pay for bed space and food from outside.

You will remain in those squalid conditions, begging to get out, for months and months, and for some people with poor Embassy support, for years.

Some prisoners are there a very long time especially if conflicts in their countries or border disputes, have arisen since they departed. Now, it will all be further complicated by Covid restrictions regarding entry to a country.

He will be at risk of all kinds of water borne diseases and health risks.

He should have thought of a better plan to get home!

I would not want to be in his shoes when he sobers up or gets a clear head of what awaits.

Edited by Scouse123
  • Like 1