Have You Received A Confirmed Date For Your Corona Virus Jab? Or Are You Getting The Run Around

Jeffrey346

About 7-8 weeks ago we had a local town official come to our Soi collecting names for the injections, we were told some would be in touch with us in about two weeks, our names were recorded in a  School exercise book and then that was the last we heard. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Owiee said:

About 7-8 weeks ago we had a local town official come to our Soi collecting names for the injections, we were told some would be in touch with us in about two weeks, our names were recorded in a  School exercise book and then that was the last we heard. 

If I were you, I would double check if you really were registered!

Because not too long ago, there was a similar story, where the head told he will enroll the name in a hospital book, when this person later gone to the hospital to check about his booking, there were nothing in the book. 

At the moment if you really want the jab, you should also do something for it and check yourself not only trust in some people you not know! actually it's not something you had to do now.. it's like this all the time. If you want something done, do it yourself or at least check it yourself.

One other things, it not even have to do that you are a foreigner, that you not hear something back. Even many Thais have the same problems!

• Like 1

Yep I Have a CONFIRMED Date for my 1st Jab 7th July 2021 at the Municiple Office in Nong Khai,But have been TOLD I Can go ANYTIME Before that providing I Show the Appointment Card & Pink Card.....So May go This afternoon as I've Nothing better to do Today....I'll let Yer Know how I Get on !!

• Thanks 2

My farang friend had his AZ jab yesterday like me he is over 70 but have to say the government hospital is like his 2nd home so much so they call him by his first name .I’m still waiting a month after walking into the hospital and registering with them there and then as I was finding in impossible to do so on the apps . The lady did say to me that Thais have the first opportunity which I fully understand my lady friend goes for hers on Monday maybe I’ll hang around and see if they will jab me when I’m with her ????????????

I managed to register through the government  intervac site on one on the few days it was working around four weeks ago. Booked an apointment, and I received my first dose last Friday, at Medpark Hospital, Bangkok. Had the choice of AZ or Sinovac, and received a second dose booking at the same time. (British and over 60).

Yeah I registered on the Chiang Mai wall within minutes I got a 13 digit number I’m supposed to give to the hospital that was over a month ago I haven’t heard back anything this whole roll out about the vaccine they been talking about for months and months and months but so far I cannot get the vaccine it’s disgusting they should be ashamed of themselves amazing Thailand They plan well for all the foreigners that live here full-time smile when you give them money but other than that that’s about all you get TIT

• Like 2

My wife and I both farang over 65 registered on the Chiang Mai wall app got and immediate confirmation that we were successfully registered .and told to expect to receive further info on when where etc. Haven't heard anything since then That was  about 3 weeks ago .No 13 digit number ...just confirmation we had successfully registered

• Like 1

On 6/29/2021 at 8:43 AM, allane said:

After inputting the requested information on the thailandintervac website, I got a "You are now registered" message displayed on the screen.  But I was not given anything to prove that I am registered - no registration number, and no confirmation e-mail, even though they requested my e-mail address.  No appointment date & time either.

Same here .

I would be more interested in hearing from folks that have made appointments & been jabbed as per appointment. 

Interesting that we get a daily infection & death figure but no daily jabbed figure.

AS i have said before there are 850 . places all around Thailand that can be manned in 48 hours all capable of giving anyone the jab but where are the jabs?

• Thanks 1

Was able to register on line a while ago but have since heard nothing.

Went to my local hospital to try and register and was denied.

I guess my only hope is the private hospitals in October.

I am 67 years old with a long list of conditions.

I guess when they can't even take care of there own people we are way back of the queue.

13 minutes ago, DUNROAMIN said:

If your a retired foreigner here your classified as a second class citizen.

I am retired and got my shot on 25th as scheduled after getting the web site application process to work after several days trying.  If you did not fill out a medical history and select type of vaccine do not believe real reservations were made (system was very unstable most of the time it was working - and since repair no vaccine available it seems).

I live in Chiang Mai Province which is considered low risk I believe and received the first AstraZeneca shot at the local government hospital last Thursday with a date for the second shot on 16 September.

I am 71 years old with no health problems

Myself and several other expats registered at the hospital a few weeks ago.

Service was excellent and professional.

No priority is given to Thais over non Thais shots are administered based on when you register.

My Thai wife who is a lot younger than me has enquired at the private hospital we use in Chiang Mai plus two others and has been told nothing expected before October.

4 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

I am retired and got my shot on 25th as scheduled after getting the web site application process to work after several days trying.  If you did not fill out a medical history and select type of vaccine do not believe real reservations were made (system was very unstable most of the time it was working - and since repair no vaccine available it seems).

The App didn't give me the opportunity to fill out medical history or choose a vaccine. It allowed me to choose my hospital that does have my medical history. Never the less, never got any response. 

Just now, Jeffrey346 said:

The App didn't give me the opportunity to fill out medical history or choose a vaccine. It allowed me to choose my hospital that does have my medical history. Never the less, never got any response. 

You never got registered - that happened to me and many others - had to register using another email a day or two later during a brief period it was actually working.  Those first attempts also got a date of 1970 or such (computer birth year).  Also there were only about 4 places that could provide for foreigners.  You did not have an option for other hospitals regardless of where you medical records were.

3 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

You never got registered - that happened to me and many others - had to register using another email a day or two later during a brief period it was actually working.  Those first attempts also got a date of 1970 or such (computer birth year).  Also there were only about 4 places that could provide for foreigners.  You did not have an option for other hospitals regardless of where you medical records were.

Hum  seems it's all very confusing. The app did confirm that I am registered.. But never received any email..

On 6/29/2021 at 10:11 AM, couchpotato said:

I sent an email to the Consulate in BKK voicing my concerns that they have abandoned US Citizens living in Thailand.

If a person has left their own country for greener pastures/paradise, why should their government be obligated to provide vaccine to them. Your thinking is flawed here.

In my opinion, Thailand has no intention to make vaccine available to foreigners.

This statement is very wrong. Since June 14th foreigners who managed to register on the 'intervac' site have been getting vaccinated everyday at three Bangkok hospitals.  Estimating from the day I was there last week, and from other reports, this number is probably up to 15-20,000 already.

Foreigners over 60 or with underlying conditions are also being vaccinated where I live in CM Province. Some of my farang friends have received their first jab already. I was scheduled for next Sunday, but the hospital has run out of vaccine so my appointment has been postponed until new supplies are received.

• Sad 1

On 6/29/2021 at 10:06 AM, Jeffrey346 said:

I am sure many perhaps in the BKK area have received one. But the rule as I understand it, if you are over 60 with underling conditions you were to be part of the first group no matter if you are Thai or Foreigner and no matter where you are located. That certainly has not happened. Or have I misunderstood the process?

The vaccination numbers for Thais across the country remain very small, with the main exceptions of Phuket, Samui, Bangkok and Samut Sakhon provinces.

I have a MoPH chart in TH that covered thru June 24 (so it's almost a week out of date) with the following info just as illustrative points, based on shots given vs official population numbers:

Thailand wide:

8.62% first shot

3.4% both shots

Phuket Province:

63.8% first shot

50% both shots

Bangkok Province:

26.4% first shot

9% both shots

71 Provinces outside of BKK region:

5% first shot

2% both shots

(and the above category includes the high numbers for Phuket and to a lesser extent Samui, which was 46% first shot and 31% both shots).

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/29/2021 at 10:12 AM, ubonjoe said:

That is the way it should be but it certainly has not happened.

Even a low risk province like Phuket has been getting extra doses to be ready for the sandbox. 

Phuket has a larger share of its population vaccinated, both one shot and two, at this point than anywhere else in Thailand.

And that has nothing to do with CV risk or health priorities, and entirely has been driven by the government's desire to reopen the tourist industry there.

That's not the way the vaccine rollout was supposed to be prioritized, but that's what it's become.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Same here .

Regarding the Intervac website and its early few days of actual operation, AFAIK, if you only registered and didn't obtain an actual vaccination reservation date before the whole thing was closed off, I don't know where you are, and whether anyone will be contacting you back.

On the other hand, for what seems like the relatively small proportion of expats who managed to fight their way into the Intervac system toward the first week of June and actually get a confirmed vaccination appointment date at one of the several BKK locations, it does appear those appointments are being honored (mine in fact was honored today as scheduled).

The whole thing really strikes me as a mess, as far as I can tell. The Intervac site thus far is only for vaccination locations in Bangkok, though it apparently was accepting people who lived outside Bangkok (up until the whole thing was closed down two weeks ago, with no known date at present when/if it will re-open).

Chiang Mai and Phuket have had their own separate reservation systems. And all the other provinces, I have no idea what's going on there... I'm guessing, it's up to dealing with your local health officials/govt hospitals. Or finding a private hospital that's accepting future payments for the promised Moderna vaccines.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

I m thinking that expats of the same nationality should band together ,with  a request that everyone interested signing a document lodged with their embassy or consulate asking for help bringing in vaccine for us. If large multinationals are doing it for their foreign employees surely a group of expats with the help of their embassy could do the same.

Even if we have to pay going rates it would seem affordable. It would also gave us the ability to exercise some choice in the vaccine , speed things up and perhaps shame the embassy for their lack of action. I'd like to go back to Canada but its a mandatory hotel stay at my expense. A policy put in place to discourage people from taking international vacations but I ve been here since NOV 2019 waiting for some normalization of international travel and a reduction in risk travelling. Anybody interested??

On 6/29/2021 at 9:55 AM, ubonjoe said:

Many people have already gotten one if 60 or over but it depends upon where you are living.

If living in a low risk province there is not enough for even Thais to get one.

I tried to register in Pattaya on Monday at the local school,  which is a registration office. 

My Thai wife was able to register , although no definite date could be given. 

I was told "cannot,  only for Thais"

Quite honestly I really don't think I will even bother trying again. I am aged 63.

3 minutes ago, portly said:

Which vaccine is being given so far to over 70s.?

AZ or sinovac. Don't really want sinovac prefer to wait for options. 

I'm in huahin with appointment 7 July. 

The intervac web site gave you the choice and that is what was provided.  For those that used web site early when having issues all that did was register there sign on email/password if they did not select a vaccine/hospital and nobody was receiving any email regardless of what the final page said.  

17 minutes ago, portly said:

Which vaccine is being given so far to over 70s.?

AZ or sinovac. Don't really want sinovac prefer to wait for options. 

I'm in huahin with appointment 7 July. 

From what I understand it's AZ