Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

Have You Received A Confirmed Date For Your Corona Virus Jab? Or Are You Getting The Run Around

Jeffrey346

9 hours ago, HampiK said:

If I were you, I would double check if you really were registered!

Because not too long ago, there was a similar story, where the head told he will enroll the name in a hospital book, when this person later gone to the hospital to check about his booking, there were nothing in the book. 

At the moment if you really want the jab, you should also do something for it and check yourself not only trust in some people you not know! actually it's not something you had to do now.. it's like this all the time. If you want something done, do it yourself or at least check it yourself.

One other things, it not even have to do that you are a foreigner, that you not hear something back. Even many Thais have the same problems!

I am proof of that.

We ' allegedly ' registered in the village with some officials and the Poo Yai baan and much ceremony.

I became suspicious a couple of weeks later and we went to the local hospital. My other half could not have the vaccine yet as 43 years old, the mother could at 80 years old but refused to have it. They were both listed in the computer.

They told me I would have to wait. I have visible underlying conditions regarding breathing. She checked and my name was not in the computer at all.

We persevered and I told her I couldn't join a queue without being listed in the computer. She relented but only after we showed pink card and yellow book. The pink card seemed to sway her. She then entered me in the computer.

She entered my details and gave me an immediate appointment for 2 days after, because of underlying conditions. I am 59.

I got first jab June 16th, I think, and next one is booked for September 9th.

On 6/29/2021 at 10:11 AM, couchpotato said:

Your thinking is flawed here.

US citizens are obligated by law to pay taxes when living abroad. That's a start.

Next, we fought a revolution against the British declaring no taxation without representation.

• Sad 1

Hi All,

On June 22, I went online to register for vaccination

I choose my timeslot: June 30 @ 2pm

This afternoon, I went to hospital and arrived a little bit earlier...

No problem, I got my vaccination

BTW, no queue, very clean hospital and friendly service.

6 hours ago, Nong Khai Man said:

Yep I Have a CONFIRMED Date for my 1st Jab 7th July 2021 at the Municiple Office in Nong Khai,But have been TOLD I Can go ANYTIME Before that providing I Show the Appointment Card & Pink Card.....So May go This afternoon as I've Nothing better to do Today....I'll let Yer Know how I Get on !!

Yeah, I Went at 2.00pm & Was Jabbed & Out the Door at 3.45 pm.....All Done NO Hassle,2nd Appointment 22 September.....Had the Astra Zenaca !!

I checked the CM Wall website today to make sure my appointment which is for tomorrow at Rajaveh Hospital, is still listed and so far so good.  I'll be there with my Pink Card, Passport and a copy of the confirmation (which states AZ as the vaccine, by the way) and will post the result here.  I'm over 70 with no underlying problems other than extreme grumpiness at the effort this has all taken so far...

Edit:  Oops!  didn't realise that this thread was in the Issan forum.  If a Mod would care to move it to Chiang Mai it would probably be more helpful.

Edited by Greenside
Wrong forum
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, natway09 said:

I would be more interested in hearing from folks that have made appointments & been jabbed as per appointment. 

Interesting that we get a daily infection & death figure but no daily jabbed figure.

AS i have said before there are 850 . places all around Thailand that can be manned in 48 hours all capable of giving anyone the jab but where are the jabs?

I Made My Appointment about 5 Weeks Ago for July 7th However as I was in Town Today I Decided to go early So Off I Popped into the Municipality Buildings Joined the Queue of about 100 ( All Thai ) & an Hour after I Arrived I Was ALL DONE Given Jab ( Astra Zenaca ) & 15 Minutes later I Was allowed to leave & Go Home.....No After effects......YET !! 555 !!

On 6/29/2021 at 10:11 AM, couchpotato said:

I sent an email to the Consulate in BKK voicing my concerns that they have abandoned US Citizens living in Thailand.

If a person has left their own country for greener pastures/paradise, why should their government be obligated to provide vaccine to them. Your thinking is flawed here.

In my opinion, Thailand has no intention to make vaccine available to foreigners.

This statement is very wrong. Since June 14th foreigners who managed to register on the 'intervac' site have been getting vaccinated everyday at three Bangkok hospitals.  Estimating from the day I was there last week, and from other reports, this number is probably up to 15-20,000 already.

"If a person has left their own country for greener pastures/paradise, why should their government be obligated to provide vaccine to them. Your thinking is flawed here."

Even when a person is still paying full tax to his home country and is still a citizen of that country? This is an emergency situation, it's your thinking which is flawed.

"This statement is very wrong. Since June 14th foreigners who managed to register on the 'intervac' site have been getting vaccinated everyday at three Bangkok hospitals.  Estimating from the day I was there last week, and from other reports, this number is probably up to 15-20,000 already."

This may be the case in Bangkok, but elsewhere we are getting appointments on the Intervac site for 1 Jan 1970, or more recent being told that the booking list is full. The local hospital in Pattaya who has my docs told me that they have no plans for farang, but don't have any vaccine anyway even for Thais. None of the private hospitals have vaccines for us willing to pay. C'mon Mr "This statement is very wrong", tell us how to make things right.

Nothing in CM...and  now have 5 x 13 Digit numbers with the ghostly responses  promises of "will contact you soon. No its not the Lottery numbers .or maybe it is..shucks....with appointment",....ha ha ..Now not too bothered ..Got my O visa extension based on marriage to Khun wife coming up in Aug /Sept so..apres will with get a multi..exit re entry and probably nip back to UK where NHS are crying..out where the F..k are you..we are waiting...Only 72 so not in any way a Priority..chai.  Right last beer Chang before bed..sanuk..yen sabai....in CM..

7 hours ago, jesimps said:

"If a person has left their own country for greener pastures/paradise, why should their government be obligated to provide vaccine to them. Your thinking is flawed here."

Even when a person is still paying full tax to his home country and is still a citizen of that country? This is an emergency situation, it's your thinking which is flawed.

"This statement is very wrong. Since June 14th foreigners who managed to register on the 'intervac' site have been getting vaccinated everyday at three Bangkok hospitals.  Estimating from the day I was there last week, and from other reports, this number is probably up to 15-20,000 already."

This may be the case in Bangkok, but elsewhere we are getting appointments on the Intervac site for 1 Jan 1970, or more recent being told that the booking list is full. The local hospital in Pattaya who has my docs told me that they have no plans for farang, but don't have any vaccine anyway even for Thais. None of the private hospitals have vaccines for us willing to pay. C'mon Mr "This statement is very wrong", tell us how to make things right.

This is why...   "President (Joe) Biden pledged to make coronavirus vaccines available to ALL Americans."

Just now, Fab5BKK said:

Guys, I don't want to raise your hopes too high... I got it through the French Embassy!

That's awesome..  Glad the French are taking care of their own. Unfortunately,  the US Embassy stated they will not even though the US has sent Thailand 2M+ jabs.

On 6/30/2021 at 3:57 AM, impulse said:

Good luck with that, and I mean it sincerely.  But I think the cruelest trick being played is to promise a date when they can't possibly know if there will be enough vaccine to go around on that date.

In the early days of vaccinations here in Texas, we signed up to be put on a list, with no promised date.  When vaccines became available, we got notified by text of our appointed time.  For me, it was 2 weeks between registering and getting the text, then another couple of days to get the first jab.   That was a reasonable way to gauge the numbers, get the doses in stock and get them into people's arms.

Yeah, I'll believe it once they jab the stuff into my arm. Until then...

• Like 1