Have You Received A Confirmed Date For Your Corona Virus Jab? Or Are You Getting The Run Around

Jeffrey346

I am 75 years old with underling conditions which according to the Thai Government gives me Jab priority.

The US Embassy has sent updates suggesting I register at the hospital that has been treating me over the years.

I atempted to do so and got the following response.  

"  It's absolutely not possible to find a vaccine from any hospital in Thailand during this time being. All of the vaccine in this country are currently distributed by the special task force builded up specifically only for this job. We can not control the jab by our self, what the hospital can do is just providing a jab according to the list of Thai people given by the government.

To the best of my knowledge, there is still no system for a foreigner living in Thailand to find a way to register for such an official spot. What you can do right now is probably seek for a vaccine booking with a "private" hospital sector and hope for the best that the vaccine could be distributed ASAP.

I'm so sorry for you, and hope you can find the way through, please be safe."

For privacy issues I will not state which hospital in the NE sent me the above statement,

I am registered via the หมอพร้อม App but have not received a Jab date.

Has anyone been successfully registered and received their Jab date? Any information would be appreciated..

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, allane said:

After inputting the requested information on the thailandintervac website, I got a "You are now registered" message displayed on the screen.  But I was not given anything to prove that I am registered - no registration number, and no confirmation e-mail, even though they requested my e-mail address.  No appointment date & time either.

Thanks for the reply.. Same here absolutely no update..

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

I managed to register and check to see if I had a appointment before and the only hospital it showed were in Bangkok.

Now the site has this at the bottom of the page.

"As the current round of vaccination appointments is full, we will be announcing the new round of appointments for vaccination at https://www.thailandintervac.com. We apologize for all inconvenience."

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I managed to register and check to see if I had a appointment before and the only hospital it showed were in Bangkok.

Now the site has this at the bottom of the page.

"As the current round of vaccination appointments is full, we will be announcing the new round of appointments for vaccination at https://www.thailandintervac.com. We apologize for all inconvenience."

Thanks for the update Joe. I was able to register at Srinagarind Hospital at KKU via the App.  The only thing I have been able to confirm is my name is in the system. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

As hospital says they are not allowed to provide shots to anyone other than those the government lists, even if they have extra at the end of the day.  Some have indeed taken it upon themselves to do so from reports but I was with doctor when he tried to obtain such permission and it was not given.  There is central control but for foreigners no real access as web site indeed only provided a handful of Bangkok locations and did not work most of the short time vaccine was actually available and for past two weeks has been closed awaiting new vaccine availability.  Keep trying is ongoing mantra.  

I sent an email to the Consulate in BKK voicing my concerns that they have abandoned US Citizens living in Thailand.

As we know, the French Embassy has made arrangements for their citizens to get the jab in BKK.

I told the consulate that I find it inexcusable for the most powerful country in the world which happens to have an abundance of vaccine to leave their citizens living abroad in jeopardy.  In my opinion, Thailand has no intention to make vaccine available to foreigners.  If so those with underling conditions would have had the jab or at least an appointment.

BTW, my wife who works for the Revenue received the first jab last Friday.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jeffrey346 said:

That certainly has not happened. Or have I misunderstood the process?

That is the way it should be but it certainly has not happened.

Even a low risk province like Phuket has been getting extra doses to be ready for the sandbox. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Even a low risk province like Phuket has been getting extra doses to be ready for the sandbox. 

Exactly my point Joe. They are not living up to their promise.

17 minutes ago, Jeffrey346 said:

I am sure many perhaps in the BKK area have received one. But the rule as I understand it, if you are over 60 with underling conditions you were to be part of the first group no matter if you are Thai or Foreigner and no matter where you are located. That certainly has not happened. Or have I misunderstood the process?

There is a special online process for foreigners to register - that was full of issues when started and since most repaired there has not been vaccine available to that system.  So yes in the few hours it worked many foreigners did make reservations and they have been serviced as vaccine has been available.  But even Thai were having schedules postponed during mid June as no vaccine even in Bangkok.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Jeffrey346 said:

I am sure many perhaps in the BKK area have received one. But the rule as I understand it, if you are over 60 with underling conditions you were to be part of the first group no matter if you are Thai or Foreigner and no matter where you are located. That certainly has not happened. Or have I misunderstood the process?

No misunderstanding on your part, just another example of what is said to the media and public is not the same as realized on the ground.

I am in the same boat (66 and 3 of the Big7) and, taking Joes post into account, I believe it is the luck of the draw depending on your location. All resource is now redirected to hot spots, sandboxes, factories, VIPs (shhh!) etc which just proves there is far from enough vaccines to satisfy the 'vulnerable first'.

Tried to register many times. Mor Prohm no pink ID, Intervac always down and anyway, only BKK hospitals.

Only 1 private hospital in my province, no info, usual clinic and local govt hospital, sorry Thai only for now.

Some lucky people posting here ... good luck to you

2 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Here in Japan, the vaccines are also being made available at workplaces. Factories, company HQs, offices, etc.  The vacs are provided by the government and the companies pay for nurses/doctors to administer them.  My university is doing this as well for all staff and will start the process in July.  

I guess the problem in Thailand is actual lack of vaccines more than distribution.

Correct.. They just don't have the product.  Therefore the total population suffers. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jeffrey346 said:

Correct.. They just don't have the product.  Therefore the total population suffers. 

Here was the opposite. 50 million doses of vaccine available and the national health system couldn't distribute them fast enough.  At present, company jabs are more than double the number administered by the government.  It is the typical story here- leave things up to the private sector and business if you want them to run efficiently and quickly.

2 hours ago, Jeffrey346 said:

In my opinion, Thailand has no intention to make vaccine available to foreigners. 

Visit this thread Jeffrey and you will find 3 pages of foreigners who have been successful in getting vaccinated, including me. As @ubonjoe has been saying, a lot depends on where you live.

• Thanks 1

The is  from VOA.

The call by American expatriates is becoming more urgent as more contagious and virulent variants of the coronavirus emerge. 

"Americans who live abroad need to be vaccinated for the same reasons that Americans who live in the United States need to be vaccinated," Risley told VOA Thai. "Because it's the only way to stop COVID-19." 

Expatriate Republicans echo the Democrats' concern. 

"In this particular case, all of us are on board," Tony Rodriguez, vice president of Republicans Overseas Asia, told VOA. "Obviously, there's plenty of vaccines in America. Just get them on a plane and fly them over."  

The two groups, along with the Veterans of Foreign Wars, Post 12074, and American Women's Club, on May 6 signed a joint letter asking Washington to get vaccines approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) — namely Pfizer, Moderna and Johnson & Johnson vaccines — into the arms of overseas Americans as soon as possible. 

In the letter, they asked "that our government now continue to fulfill the pledge made by President (Joe) Biden to make coronavirus vaccines available to all Americans."

Edited by Jeffrey346
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

This is in the Isaan Forum, but in Bangkok I just registered direct with Bumrungrad as I have a hospital number, and got a confirmed appointment for the end of July.  It's the AZ vaccine, and free as I have a Thai tax number.

Awesome..  I registered here in KK and have no appointment yet.

I was in a local outreach clinic in KK part of the Khon kaen government hospital  a couple of weeks back and asked about the availability and registering for the vaccine,

Was told that cannot register yet and no vaccines available for anyone for a few weeks, Im also in the over sixty group........ so well done at least you have got registered and Intervac is now accepting there is life outside of Bangkok...................but not as we know it!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I'm hoping to use Phuket to return to Thailand so the more doses there the better for me. However I'd much rather they prioritised those that need them most even if it slows my return. It's something the UK seem to have done well at after all the other problems.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

This is in the Isaan Forum, but in Bangkok I just registered direct with Bumrungrad as I have a hospital number, and got a confirmed appointment for the end of July.  It's the AZ vaccine, and free as I have a Thai tax number.

Good luck with that, and I mean it sincerely.  But I think the cruelest trick being played is to promise a date when they can't possibly know if there will be enough vaccine to go around on that date.

In the early days of vaccinations here in Texas, we signed up to be put on a list, with no promised date.  When vaccines became available, we got notified by text of our appointed time.  For me, it was 2 weeks between registering and getting the text, then another couple of days to get the first jab.   That was a reasonable way to gauge the numbers, get the doses in stock and get them into people's arms.