Marriage extension jomtien

Good afternoon,

I wish to enquIre with the forum community how many pictures,what pictures Typen are required for the matrage extension at jomtien. Thereto which other new rules have been implementiert since 2019. 

Cheers roobaa01 

• Haha 1

Advice from Dmitry quite correct as the minimum but assume guest room means lounge. I would include 1 or 2 extra just in case (garden shot if you have one). Whilst you are at it, i would take plenty of photos and save a batch for next year!

I gave 4 photos of wife and myself

1 sitting on the bed together 

1 sitting on the sofa 

1 standing in the kitchen 

1  outside the front door  with the house number clearly visible

New document from this year onwards  have to go to the Amphur office and get an updated

Kor Ror 2 (proof of marriage registry)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, johng said:

1 sitting on the sofa 

New document from this year onwards  have to go to the Amphur office and get an updated

Same here, I guess that's the officially correct one.

5 hours ago, johng said:

1 sitting on the sofa 

Did mine last month in Jomtien and I also provided 4. I did have extra with me in case but didn;t need them.

I also got a Kor Ror 2 updated as we hadn't had one done since we married over 17 years ago. Think it was 10baht for 2 copies.

On 7/1/2021 at 8:13 AM, Ecky said:

Advice from Dmitry quite correct as the minimum but assume guest room means lounge. I would include 1 or 2 extra just in case (garden shot if you have one). Whilst you are at it, i would take plenty of photos and save a batch for next year!

In the kitchen if you don't have many rooms.

On 7/1/2021 at 8:29 AM, johng said:

1 sitting on the sofa 

Same photos for me but Trat needs 6 so add one of us at our gate.  The Kor Ror 2 is the easiest, quickest, cheapest, part of the extension in and out in 10 min and it was lunch time.  

Edited by brianthainess

9 minutes ago, roobaa01 said:

Does jomtien still apply the rule

when married and no children one needs to bring along a community thai Witness ?

As far as I know the do a home visit now instead of having a witness.

On 7/1/2021 at 2:16 PM, mrbojangles said:

I also got a Kor Ror 2 updated as we hadn't had one done since we married over 17 years ago. Think it was 10baht for 2 copies.

This year I want to do marriage extension for the first time (did retirement all the years).

Our foreign marriage in 1999 has been registered in Thailand (with the bunch of paperwork).

So it should be easy to get this Kor Ror 2 directly at the Amphoe?

24 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

So it should be easy to get this Kor Ror 2 directly at the Amphoe?

You would get a Kor Ror 22 foreign marriage registry. The Kor Ror 2 is only for marriages done here.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, johng said:

One set in color ( originals)  and a copy in black and white is ok at Jomtien  as you have to supply 2 sets of the documents  one set goes to Bangkok for "review"

When you say "originals" what do you mean? 

For Jomtien. I took some piccies on my mobile, bluetoothed them to my laptop and put them into 2 Powerpoint slides (2 per page). Printed them off (both incolour) and submitted them. This was accepted by the immi,  Is this similar to what you did or did you go and get them printed off at a photo printing shop?

21 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Printed them off (both incolour) and submitted them. This was accepted by the immi,  Is this similar to what you did or did you go and get them printed off at a photo printing shop?

I have done it both ways  printed from my home computer/printer and also getting prints from the nearby  "Kodak" shop  i think what really matters is that at least one copy is  of "highish" quality in colour.

In the past I've had photos submitted refused so now take a selection  so the I/O can choose for herself  if she does not like my selection.

• Like 1

On 7/4/2021 at 10:07 AM, roobaa01 said:

when married and no children one needs to bring along a community thai Witness ?

Cheers

Roobaa01

They want to see a witness when they come to visit you at home,   witness needs to supply a signed copy of their Thai ID card and house book.

No need to take witness to the Soi 5 immigration office.

Edited by johng

On 7/4/2021 at 10:07 AM, roobaa01 said:

Cheers

Roobaa01

We have our 12 year old daughter with us and the immi wanted a witness present when they called round

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, roobaa01 said:

@mrbojangles 

Thks your adie. 

1. Did u need to book a pre-apppontment? ??

2. Is the gemalt Sergeant still doing the pre-checking the paperwork. She always Puts on a series face ???

Cheers 

Roobaa01

1. They told us when they were coming. This just within the next week and then called us the day before with a time.

2. I'm taking the 5th amendment, as many a deep breath was needed.

To me, the whole process is bureaucracy gone mad. The amount of needless paper copies is ridiculous but in the main, my biggest hate is having all my bank details printed out for any man and his dog to see. What happens to all of these copies after they have finished with them? Have they never heard of identity theft? There are many ways you could show them. You could update your passbook on the morning and they could visually check between the dates or you could show them on your app or even the letter with statement from the bank. This could then be ticked off on a check list. WHy do they need printed copies, twice is beyond me. Rant over

• Like 1

On 7/3/2021 at 6:57 PM, johng said:

One set in color ( originals)  and a copy in black and white is ok at Jomtien  as you have to supply 2 sets of the documents  one set goes to Bangkok for "review"

Anyone here know what the photographic "rules" are for Chiang Mai? Thinking about changing over from retirement visa, or maybe just leaving for good! after reading this insanity.

I honestly thought that this comment was a joke, the bit about b&W photos going to Bangkok, so they dont photocopy them?  I know I should not be surprized, yet... 

Colour prints and then (OMG FOR REAL?) B&W copies for Bangkok head office. Please tell me you're joking! Did you need to draw a map too? 

Call me a crabbit old meany but now I'm kind of glad my home country makes them getting a holiday visa really HARD. In fact right now, impossible. Bwahahahaha!

31 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

1. They told us when they were coming. This just within the next week and then called us the day before with a time.

2. I'm taking the 5th amendment, as many a deep breath was needed.

To me, the whole process is bureaucracy gone mad. The amount of needless paper copies is ridiculous but in the main, my biggest hate is having all my bank details printed out for any man and his dog to see. What happens to all of these copies after they have finished with them? Have they never heard of identity theft? There are many ways you could show them. You could update your passbook on the morning and they could visually check between the dates or you could show them on your app or even the letter with statement from the bank. This could then be ticked off on a check list. WHy do they need printed copies, twice is beyond me. Rant over

In Chiang Mai Immigration a few years back, they gave me a random document for reasons I forget, what I did not forget was that on the back of this form, a French dudes Biodata passport page complete with signature!

I now "spoil" the back of every photocopy they get with a line drawn thru it.

I agree totally that this data dump is unecessary and a gross invasion of privacy and security. But why would a law enforcement agency that openly runs on patronage and corruption really care about our financial privacy? That would be completely out of character. for them.

• Like 1

Hello ,

Just to confirm with the community 1. Letter from the bank for jomtien must be dated the same day u apply ? The previous disgression 3 days was abolish?

2. One transaction update on the application day showing in the bank book.  3. seasoning 2 months

??

Thk in advance

Roobaa01