Phuket Sandbox: 300 tourists mostly from the Middle East to arrive today, 82% island now vaccinated

webfact

2 minutes ago, eddie61 said:

It seems that they think farangs don’t have friends or family, who tell them the reality that we are lowers than soi dogs in the vaccine queue

Why would vaccinated tourists worry where foreigners are in the vaccine queue?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, IamNoone88 said:

Interestingly, by it's own definition, the Thailand Dept of Disease Control, classifies itself - Thailand - as a Red High Risk Country together with a bunch of other high risk countries that are not welcome to visit just yet ... including South Africa, Netherlands, India etc etc. 

20210630_151147.jpg

The Netherlands a high risk country ?? Almost everybody is fully vaccinated and nightclubs bars red light districts everything is open again . Don't know who made this list (oh sorry i do , but this info is as treu as everything mr P and mr A are saying) 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, connda said:

Well given the demographic they probably won't be put off by a beach littered with tar balls.
That aside, I truly wonder what a bunch of guys from the Gulf States expect to do in Phuket? 
Visit temples?  ????
Drink at the bars?  ????
Covort with bar girls?  ????
Get a special massage? ????

I'm based in the Middle East many years now. Have some work colleagues who have visited Phuket. At this time of year they would go for the cooler weather, and any rain is a bonus. Much like everyone else they would enjoy time at the beach, shopping, eating and drinking. People are people ATEOTD.

3 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

this is not the beginning of anything and stop scaring people. the hard part of the pandemic is behind. variants will allways come and ...well, with whom am i talking too? people like you

allways enjoyed all this scare....

The hard part is behind the UK maybe, in Thailand I would suggest otherwise. 

4 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

i could be on those flights if the COE was so hard to allmost imposible to complete within 3 days (from the day they announced on 28 july ).

i have been spending allmost 4 days busy with this COE document, and everytime there is another issue. now, after booking my flight , hotel, and paid insurance, i got this message from the thai embassy (which does not answer the phone nor emails):

Royal Thai Embassy, has rejected your registration/application.

Due to 1. You must select your hotel under "SHA" category. 2. You must upload a SHABA reservation certificate from the hotel in the designated section. Please consult the hotel to obtain the certificate.

The process is a lot easier now than it was 6 months ago. Don't see why it took you 4 days to book a flight, hotel, and insurance. And uploading a reservation from the hotel is no different to sending a copy of the reservation to the embassy direct as things were for the ASQ previously. 

I visited my Thai son in Chiang Mai today.
Took Mrs. Connda shopping at Warorot Market.  How immensely wonderful.  Virtually no people, very few cars, but most places open and doing a brisk "local" business.  No traffic.  Some enterprising entrepreneur took over the our friend's restaurant that Prayut and Friends put out of business permanently.  Now a noodle shop that's paying 30K+ a month in rent unless the landlord dropped the rent our friends were paying.  Other than that Thapae is still as dead as a door-nail  I'm fine by that.  I actually really like the quiet and lack of traffic and people.  I know - my bad.
As far as Phuket goes.  82% vaccinated.  Only if they massaged the numbers.  Note that only those with housebooks in Phuket can be officially vaccinated.  That and foreigners being denied vaccinations should tell you everything about those juked statistics.  I hate liars.  But we now live in a world of universal deceit.  So in that vein I'm sure we will be told about the stellar successes and billions of THB being spent by masked, tracked, and tagged "tourists."  Blah blah blah blah blah....ad-infinitum.

Lucky you. Hope the local business owners share your joy at the empty streets.

2 hours ago, keithkarmann said:

Hope the bar girls are prepared as Middle Eastern men are not known for their respect of ladies.

That didn't take long did it .

2 hours ago, WineOh said:

.....or people in general.

Ditto. 

Arabs are lovely people. IME the people who slate then the most are the same people who have spent the least time in Arab lands. 

May Allah be with you! ????????????

• Confused 1

Well given the demographic they probably won't be put off by a beach littered with tar balls.
That aside, I truly wonder what a bunch of guys from the Gulf States expect to do in Phuket? 
Visit temples?  ????
Drink at the bars?  ????
Covort with bar girls?  ????
Get a special massage? ????

All of the above but when asked none of the above . 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, KhunMorris said:

80% have had half a dose of some Chinese nonsense. That doesn't include under 18s. 

They Island probably had about 15% of the population with the required antibodies to begin to think about Herd Immunity, that's before we talk about the ineffectiveness of ChinaVac and the Delta Variant.

The biggest spreaders now in the UK are the under 18s. Kids. However we all know that they cannot be vaccinated. That's another problem. In short, this is destined for complete and total disaster.

Grand opening, grand closing.

Sincerely 

MORRIS 

Double Vaccinated, February, 2021. 

Coochi coochi cou , good for you . 

14 minutes ago, bermondburi said:

I'm based in the Middle East many years now. Have some work colleagues who have visited Phuket. At this time of year they would go for the cooler weather, and any rain is a bonus. Much like everyone else they would enjoy time at the beach, shopping, eating and drinking. People are people ATEOTD.

The hard part is behind the UK maybe, in Thailand I would suggest otherwise. 

The process is a lot easier now than it was 6 months ago. Don't see why it took you 4 days to book a flight, hotel, and insurance. And uploading a reservation from the hotel is no different to sending a copy of the reservation to the embassy direct as things were for the ASQ previously. 

Lucky you. Hope the local business owners share your joy at the empty streets.

That didn't take long did it .

Ditto. 

Arabs are lovely people. IME the people who slate then the most are the same people who have spent the least time in Arab lands. 

May Allah be with you! ????????????

You follow your believes to the point or not at all . And most of these that have allah with them and always say allah is big and whatever drink alcohol visit hookers and steal or cheat so allah is not with me for sure . And everybody has to believe in what they want but then do it to the fullest and not halfwit . And a lot of those who have allah with them say whe westerners are infidels and pigs . And most wars start out of religions and money . 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

You follow your believes to the point or not at all . And most of these that have allah with them and always say allah is big and whatever drink alcohol visit hookers and steal or cheat so allah is not with me for sure . And everybody has to believe in what they want but then do it to the fullest and not halfwit . And a lot of those who have allah with them say whe westerners are infidels and pigs . And most wars start out of religions and money . 

Relax dude. It's just an anonymous forum on t'internet......

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, chiman said:

All vaccines are not equal…. some are not strong enough to create herd immunity - all of Phuket should have gotten Moderna or Pfizer

Yes, but that's not the Thai way. It's takes at least three tries to get close to a good result. 

6 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

It’s not even 300 on the first day. I think I read 249, but then the first plane turned up short a few anyway.

Thank the Lord. 59 people reclaimed their sanity...

16 hours ago, madmitch said:

Airlines won't be able to sustain flights with 70-odd people onboard. How long before those three Qatar flights are consolidated into one or two? They're not there to help Phuket, with the exception of the bankrupt national airline, of course.

It's the first flight! What do you expect? The airlines have operated unsustainably for more than a year. You can bet they are charging plenty for the flights. The flights won't stop. 

9 hours ago, dade7812 said:

They don't have to stay in their rooms, they are quarantined to the island for 14 days......

Yes, for clarity, if 90 cases are recorded in a week then they will suspend the program though they didn't say what happens to those already there.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

I actually know one Thai lady who has been visiting her Daughter in Canada who is arriving today via Doha, will she be counted as a tourist?

Yes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Truly brave travelers, to go from some less risky country fully vaccinated, arrive in Phuket Thailand where

they will likely mingle and meet some unvaccinated person somewhere on their visit, and contact COVID.

Then on their next test they show positive, or they get sick enough that they get fever and enough other

symptoms that they go to a clinic, where they get an immediate test. The results will be the same and their

holiday is over and hospital stay is about to start..   It all makes the news and Phuket gets a lockdown and

all travelers are forced to stay as not to spread the Delta variant anywhere else.  How does this scenario 

sound to you?  Lets all take a couple of weeks and watch in interest of how these first visitors fare in

Phuket.  Do I sound pessimistic or just another regular negative thinking person?

Geezer

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/1/2021 at 8:10 AM, webfact said:

In total 300 people are expected aboard the four flights

Expected?

I thought the airline sends a passenger manifest ahead of arrival so immigration/customs have information on passenger details etc... 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Truly brave travelers, to go from some less risky country fully vaccinated, arrive in Phuket Thailand where

they will likely mingle and meet some unvaccinated person somewhere on their visit, and contact COVID.

VACCINATION dose not make you a non carrier or IMMUNE to COVID19

It mitigates the deadly effects.

So in reality any VACCINATED tourist getting in contact with a Non VAX the NONVAX is the one at risk.
People misinterpret how the Vaccination program will work.
More people Vaccinated = Less Deadly cases of Covid.

Its always going to be around just like the Flue. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dutchweller said:

VACCINATION dose not make you a non carrier or IMMUNE to COVID19

It mitigates the deadly effects.

So in reality any VACCINATED tourist getting in contact with a Non VAX the NONVAX is the one at risk.
People misinterpret how the Vaccination program will work.
More people Vaccinated = Less Deadly cases of Covid.

Its always going to be around just like the Flue. 

No dear YOU have missrepresented vaccinations

Edited by Goldpanner

On 7/1/2021 at 9:55 AM, WineOh said:

are the murderous taxi mafia still speeding about that hole in their red vans??????

I also wonder how long before some of these sandbox tourists are taken to the local hospitals after having their heads kicked in by taxi mafia for refusing to pay ridiculously inflated fares.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, grain said:

I also wonder how long before some of these sandbox tourists are taken to the local hospitals after having their heads kicked in by taxi mafia for refusing to pay ridiculously inflated fares.

Those taxi mafia are the scum of the earth mate. 

nothing but a bunch of two bit thugs with small willy’s.

• Like 1