Have they raised the speed limit on Huay Kaew Rd?

cubism001

I can't get across the street!  I've lived in this area for years (near Kad Suan Kaew) & this is new.  Any time day or night, can't get to the 7-11.  Yesterday I was walking to Maya, then realized it was likely I'd be run down crossing the intersection at Nimman.  

The traffic's not so heavy, but just very very fast.  Like ambulances...& many delivery bikes, but many private ones, too.  

Thanks.

Speed limit was increased Dec 2020

It’s official – the maximum speed limit on 4-lane highways in Thailand has been increased to 120 kilometres per hour, with the new regulation published in the Royal Gazette yesterday. Previously 90 kilometres per hour, Transport Minister Saksayam Chidchob says the increase in the maximum speed limit is aimed at improving the flow of traffic in line with conditions, while keeping road users safe.

The new limit applies only to highways with 4 lanes or more (at least 2 lanes travelling in each direction, divided by barriers). In the case of roads with traffic signs that indicate minimum and maximum speeds, drivers must adhere to those limits when traffic conditions and other circumstances allow. The increased maximum limit will not apply to any roads that have intersections or U-turns. Nation Thailand has summarised the speed limit regulations based on vehicle type and taking the new speed limit into account:

3 hours ago, cubism001 said:

Any time day or night, can't get to the 7-11.

Oh sure we believe you have tried it at all hours of the night.

3 hours ago, cubism001 said:

Yesterday I was walking to Maya, then realized it was likely I'd be run down crossing the intersection at Nimman.  

Likely if you fail to follow the traffic light but otherwise easy with the light.

Are you a troll or just way off today?

On 7/1/2021 at 4:24 PM, Bill97 said:

Oh sure we believe you have tried it at all hours of the night.

Likely if you fail to follow the traffic light but otherwise easy with the light.

Are you a troll or just way off today?

I'll say this, I was at the Orchd hotel this morning, just got out of the pool. Two motorbikes racing past, seemed like no mufflers, at at least 100 kmh headed for the light at the corner of the moat. That's a bit quick for a street in town.