What happened to the forum?

NCC1701A

Just now, Crossy said:

As noted earlier it's been removed.

Zooming Chrome to 125% helps a bit.

Yes back to what it was when they switched over, sad to see they just do not give a feces about a better viewing experience.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

No I didnt fill it in , point is they tried to get peoples T.V usernames and may try again refuse people extensions 

Rubbish. There was a question asking what social media sites you used, which you could fill in or not, but they never asked for usernames.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ballpoint said:

and Singapore is even more restrictive of speech than Thailand is.

Freedom House would suggest otherwise:

Singapore

Partly Free

Thailand

Not Free

Edited by WineOh
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I found it easier to read by changing theme bottom of screen next to Contact Us from theme AN-20210521 to Theme Copy of TV 20210323-4-5 

Some are more special than others. 

1291156797_Screenshotfrom2021-07-0211-56-04.png.a934632f22074afa9882a07f09d0c078.png

7 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Believe it or not ThaiVisa was registered in HK from day one (as Expat Network) however many years ago that was, the company changed to Tessanet when the forum was sold by George and has been ever since.

The only thing that's changed is that Tessanet is now on the forum copyright notice.

That's the way Crossy....we all post in BOLD.   LOL

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I can't see that option, where exactly do I find it?   This is what shows at the bottom of the page on my laptop....

It was there earlier and I was using it but has subsequently disappeared during the morning and now dropped me back into the new format.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Where exactly, which page?  Phone or laptop? 

This is all that is at the bottom of this page on my laptop...

Copyright 2002 - 2021 ASEANNOW.com | Tessanet Limited

It would appear that someone is keen for everyone to use the new format as the option to revert back using the old theme has been removed

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, WineOh said:

Singapore

Partly Free
Political Rights  19 40 
Civil Liberties

29 60   

The list of banned publications and jailed / bankrupted opposition leaders would suggest otherwise, as would its virtual monopoly media company, SPH, being controlled by the government.  Reporters without borders rates it 160th for press freedom, and Thailand 137th.

But off topic.

1 hour ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Taking into consideration that the Thai authorities can block this website from access from within Thailand , I do feel that its in everyones interests to abide by Thai law

Let me introduce you to this three letter acronym:  V-P-N

18 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Believe it or not ThaiVisa was registered in HK from day one (as Expat Network) however many years ago that was, the company changed to Tessanet when the forum was sold by George and has been ever since.

The only thing that's changed is that Tessanet is now on the forum copyright notice.

But also Hong kong was 'relatively free" until very recently, anyway from other news of rampant covid i guess there are more important things to worry about

1 minute ago, ArcticFox said:

What's to worry about.  China will latch on to the information teats and milk it for what it's worth.  Then when the China-Taiwan reunification comes (along with a East-West regional war) the occupying forces will have a wealth of information regarding 'undesirables' within their midst.  Makes perfect sense.

yes you are totally correct. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Definitely linked to Hong Kong now which is 100% overshadowed by the CCP.  Seems all part of the 100 year celebration yesterday. Going to contemplate staying on today, but logically it is almost time to bow out except for immigration info. I am not a computer expert by a long shot, but maybe logging in and using this site opens or will eventually open one up to a backdoor of an open CCP Pandora's box. Hopefully it doesn't secretly infect your computer. As we just read Taiwan recalled trade staff from Hong Kong as they were being forced to sign and swear allegiance to the Red monster. I didn't sign up for any part of the CCP and we should be allowed to now rescind our membership and have all info and posts deleted if we choose to go that route. It is one thing agreeing for a product, but it is another not being asked for our approval and switched to take another one. I don't use Alibaba anymore because I was sold off and hit hard by spam. Gonna be asking questions today and then next few days for the reality of what can happen now it has switched. Such a bummer!

Asean now may mean one road, one belt one Master, one set of rules.

What flavor of totalitarianism do you like?  Eastern or Western? My guess is the latter.  You haven't noticed that the West (a civilization in decline) is rolling out restrictions on "free speech" and "freedom of movement" and "freedom of expression" that in many ways more repressive than anything 2021 China is engaged in doing, or at least the same. China (a civilization on the rise) has gone through a highly repressive stage and has developed a system that is providing its citizens an increasingly better standard of life.  Very soon it will ellipse the West which is rapidly imploding.
If I had kids?  They'd be learning Manderin.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

Now, I can read that!  We should all write with "bold" switched on.

Edited by ArcticFox
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, WineOh said:

Singapore

Partly Free

Thailand

Not Free

Freedom House is a Western think-tank promoting a Western ideal that doesn't necessarily have its roots in reality (depending on the reality one ascribes to).
In its next edition of the most free countries in the world, they'll label Australia (a country which has locked its citizens within their border) a 100% "free" country.
Only countries which have been absorbed by the Western Borg-mind (Exceptional Hegamon Extraordinaire) will be labelled as "free" by Freedom House.  That reality is fungible.

Aldous Huxley had his fingers on the pulse of the kind of "freedom" that is being ushered onto the West, in this case in the name of "Covid-19" and later in the name of "man-made climate change" or whatever reality dejour is offered up as the causus belli of the day in the war to control the plebeians.

You'll own nothing and you'll be happy.
-coming soon compliments of your beatific task-masters at the World Economic Forum

That doesn't represent my vision of the future.  That looks like an Orwellian vision that will be rammed down our collective throats by force - but called "Freedom."

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, chalawaan said:

I'm not sure how I just managed to post as NE1 who is another account! Maybe its Chinese Secret Police hackers have taken over my device already!

Edited by chalawaan

40 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

yes you are totally correct. 

Scarily, probably so.  We beat Thais verbally for not being forward thinkers or seeing outside their own limited borders.
But in this case, my guess is that 99% of the expat members here can't see what is eventually coming. And it is coming!  If they could, most would probably leave. 
Me?  I have no problems with China.  Just the other side of the same coin.  (most can't see that either).