What happened to the forum?

NCC1701A

53 minutes ago, WineOh said:

1. Now that the site is seemingly registered outside of Thailand, does that mean that 'Thai law' no longer applies to it and we no longer have to self censor our posts?

The site is not registered outside of Thailand. That is where the original Thai Visa company was registered.

The on thing that has changed is that is registered as Tessanet Limited.

9 hours ago, Upnotover said:

Definitely the colour is an improvement.  I hope to read never ending threads about visa confusion in many more countries now..

Phillippine Immigration is a bit of a cash cow, but it is a walk in the park by comparison. You get an ID card as part of the deal too, and the visa stickers are tiny, saving your passport pages.  I used to go in, fill ourt a few details, NO photocopies!!! then hand over my passport, go shopping at the ajacent supermarket, come back a few hours later, sign for my updated passport, and all done! No confusion there.

Just now, chalawaan said:

Phillippine Immigration is a bit of a cash cow, but it is a walk in the park by comparison. You get an ID card as part of the deal too, and the visa stickers are tiny, saving your passport pages.  I used to go in, fill ourt a few details, NO photocopies!!! then hand over my passport, go shopping at the ajacent supermarket, come back a few hours later, sign for my updated passport, and all done! No confusion there.

what are you doing here then?

why didnt you stay there?

1 minute ago, chalawaan said:

Here we go, the name has changed, the aggro hasnt. Go have another drink mate.

Eh?

It was a genuine question.

and I will have another drink of (tea) shortly....

20 minutes ago, WineOh said:

ever heard of a VPN?

Do you abide by Thai law when commenting on news articles elsewhere?

Ridiculous thing to say!

Yes, the Thai authorities have already attempted to get people to reveal their social media (which includes T.V) user names when applying for visa extensions . 

Its quite simple for follow Thai law , just don't mention the leadership or slander people . 

15 minutes ago, chalawaan said:

Setting up ANY company in Hong Kong, much less a media outlet for all of ASEAN, in 2021 is asking for a world of hurt, did we not just read about the fate of Hong Kong free-press newspaper Apple Daily?

I guess the upper management are cool with the cowed ASEAN way going forward?

What are they thinking?

good point but the whole idea is about collecting intel and propaganda. not making money. 

the communist Chinese are thinking long term and they aim to control all ASEAN nations. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, misterjames said:

So in theory if someone were to say for example have posted a negative comment regarding the Chinese government (which many users have) and they were to fly into China or Hong Kong they could well be arrested. 

How?   In theory, if it had been you, is your real name, the one on your passport, "misterjames"?

3 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes, the Thai authorities have already attempted to get people to reveal their social media (which includes T.V) user names when applying for visa extensions . 

what are you on about?

I can imagine the IO at my next extension..

'is your name WineOh?'

'Excuse me, what??'

'Oh, sorry my friend'.

8 hours ago, timendres said:

The new styling is not bad - with one exception. The font is virtually unreadable. The black is not black enough with the light font weight. And the font size should be at least 1 point larger, maybe 2 points. I can't read this forum for more than 5 minutes now without eye strain. When I set the font-size to 18px, the font-weight to 500, and the color to #282828, it is a much more comfortable presentation.

You are absolutely correct.  The font is practically unreadable.  It like it is completely washed out. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Crossy said:

There's a "Theme" drop-down right at the bottom of the page, trust me, the alternative is worse!

Could you clarify that, please?    Is that a facility to change the font and legibility? 

I cannot see Theme "right at the bottom of the page".  Perhaps I'm not looking on the correct page.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Could you clarify that, please?    Is that a facility to change the font and legibility? 

I cannot see Theme "right at the bottom of the page".  Perhaps I'm not looking on the correct page.

Sadly it's been removed, we all have this awful theme and no way to make it readable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Crossy said:

Sadly it's been removed, we all have this awful theme and no way to make it readable.

If all those opposed to it quit the forum, then something may be done.

Is it possible to quit, have all details, posts etc completely deleted?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KannikaP said:

Nope I'm afraid not.

9 minutes ago, WineOh said:

what are you on about?

I can imagine the IO at my next extension..

'is your name WineOh?'

'Excuse me, what??'

'Oh, sorry my friend'.

Immigration previously asked us to list all our social media user names when applying for a Visa extension 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, vinny41 said:

I found it easier to read by changing theme bottom of screen next to Contact Us from theme AN-20210521 to Theme Copy of TV 20210323-4-5 

Where exactly, which page?  Phone or laptop? 

This is all that is at the bottom of this page on my laptop...

Copyright 2002 - 2021 ASEANNOW.com | Tessanet Limited

Edited by Liverpool Lou

Just now, Mac Mickmanus said:

Immigration previously asked us to list all our social media user names when applying for a Visa extension 

And if you have none, or do not tell them?

5 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

this is not the first time the forum has been changed. 

last time font and readably were top of the list. 

nothing has changed. 

Edited by NCC1701A
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WineOh said:

***Ok, so by this definition ASEAN now will act differently on different sections of the site?

As some countries in ASEAN respect free speech (Japan, Singapore & South Korea for example), will more open discussion be permitted in those sections of the site where free speech is condoned? or does everything still come under the umbrella of Thai law, regardless of where you are posting from?

You having a laugh?  Japan and South Korea aren't in ASEAN, and Singapore is even more restrictive of speech than Thailand is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

....and were you one of the simpletons who actually filled that section in???

• Haha 1

Hmm same same really but china based that's concerning and fonts <deleted>

I still have to remove my adblock to post

But another  pain is i can only "like" on site without removing my adblock other options now dont work unlike on old animal

I also  bet it will be known Asia Now instead of asean now

Edited by poohy

2 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Where exactly, which page?  This is all that is at the bottom of this page...

Copyright 2002 - 2021 ASEANNOW.com | Tessanet Limited

As noted earlier it's been removed.

Zooming Chrome to 125% helps a bit.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Crossy said:
9 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said: