What happened to the forum?

NCC1701A

4 hours ago, faraday said:

No, I don't have to, I just felt it was more appropriate.

Just for you though ????

*Big smile emoji*

Just switch to Apple...????... well that didn't work... the emoji disappeared when posted ????

the forum software is converting the emoji's to blank characters

Edited by gamb00ler

13 hours ago, KannikaP said:

As Crossy suggested, put your browser on 125% to make it easier to read.

Mine is already zoomed bigger but the new fonts are thinner and lighter than the fonts in the old forum. 

Another way is for everyone to bold all their words like this which would be impossible.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Another option is to use Windows10 built in dark mode high contrast - the downside is browser will display all sites same way but I prefer for most and easy to change with key command.  Much better on the old eyes.

image.png.e9a63ab31e9295799afae09785a12715.png

To those who have problems, what resolution is your screen ?

Not having any problems here at 4k on a 32 inch monitor. 

Reads as good as it did before. Maybe its a problem for smaller monitors / lower resolutions. Software gets optimized for newer computers. For me all the upgrades made things more readable. But its probably the 32 inch monitor at 4k. Might be hard for smaller screens. 

With ctrl+ you can increase size of font on windows computers.

Thanks to Aseannow I have done some research on browser fonts.

Have installed two well readable fonts on W10 (Rockwell Nova, Verdana Pro).

Additionally a single click addon ("Enforce Browser Fonts") to force a site using these.

Other sites still allowed use of other fonts.

Combined with my usual zoom (120%) I am done with the topic.

Likely won't care about changes tomorrow.

(27 inch screen, 1920*1080)

14 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

What happened to avatars?

Nothing that I am aware of - they took a hit months ago when software was re installed from a cyber attack and many people had to restore.

Discoverability of subforums could use some work, until today I couldn't find the Thai Language forum, even tried searching on the main page to no avail, I'd thought that it had got pruned in the update, alas, it was hidden in the groupings

• 2 weeks later...

"US businesses 'fear internet curbs in Hong Kong'
A sweeping new security law imposed last year has criminalised much dissent and given authorities a suite of new controls, including internet takedown powers.
The latest measure to worry business owners is a proposed privacy law that will hold international tech companies and their employees criminally liable for illegal content that users post.
On Friday, the United States issued a rare advisory, warning businesses of the "growing risks" of operating in Hong Kong as China clamps down there."

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/us-businesses-fear-internet-curbs-in-hong-kong/ar-AAMjkCD?li=AAggv0m

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

"US businesses 'fear internet curbs in Hong Kong'
A sweeping new security law imposed last year has criminalised much dissent and given authorities a suite of new controls, including internet takedown powers.

Why that info? This forum is not hosted in Hong Kong.

The registration of Tessanet Limited has nothing to do with the hosting or ownership of it.

@Kerryd@misterjames (the poster that first pointed the HK connection out in this post) was permanently banned without breaking any rules for posting some factual articles about China, if it is really the case that there is no connection as some are claiming then why is this happening?

No doubt I will also be punished for mentioning this but sometimes the truth must be told.

Source: https://thethaiger.com/talk/topic/1823-refugee-from-thaivisa/page/16/#comments

Casssspture.PNG

Edited by JamieM
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JamieM said:

@Kerryd@misterjames (the poster that first pointed the HK connection out in this post) was permanently banned without breaking any rules for posting some factual articles about China, if it is really the case that there is no connection as some are claiming then why is this happening?

No doubt I will also be punished for mentioning this but sometimes the truth must be told.

Source: https://thethaiger.com/talk/topic/1823-refugee-from-thaivisa/page/16/#comments

Casssspture.PNG

Very disturbing if this is true.

• Like 1