What happened to the forum?

NCC1701A

1 minute ago, EricTh said:

I find the new fonts difficult to read.

Can the mod make the fonts darker and thicker so that it's easier to read.

This morning there was a theme button next to contact at the bottom to change it back, seems to have gone

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Yes, the Thai authorities have already attempted to get people to reveal their social media (which includes T.V) user names when applying for visa extensions

You are presumably referring to the dreaded Foreign National Information form which, thankfully, was put out of its (and our) misery after a relatively brief lifespan several years ago. As I recall, many individuals submitted completed forms which were devoid of all meaningful personal information (including social media details), and individual immigration offices did not raise any violent objection to this.

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Almost made up my mind, but I am still looking at what the true negative ramifications are now for staying on this forum as the full cat is out of the bag in the open for the reality of bye bye TV and and Hello Hong Kong in the cesspool under the CCP control. Yes, by the way my 2 daughters in fact can speak and write Chinese as I have always told them to go the other way and suck the money from them when possible in business. 

Won't greatly effect me. You can say all you want about the Western world with your own optical opinion, and be my guest to be one of the CCP's controlled doggies on their short communistic leash. Maybe you are already one of their little doggie mouth pieces in disguise here, but if not you probably will fit in really well. 

2 minutes ago, clivebaxter said:

Manufacturing there for reasons of cheap labour is not the same as having a media presence there at the mercy of the CCP, when you could have it registered anywhere, like in a free democratic country for example.

It's fun to watch ideologues flail.  I'm not an ideologue, simply pragmatic and rather well informed.  Ideologues end up as cannon-fodder.  Not my cup of tea.  The CCP has its national interests just as the USA.  Kissinger put it aptly: "America has no permanent friends or enemies, only interests." 
Your esteemed leaders, East and West, lead you around their global chess-board by your adherence to their ideology which they are promoting at any given moment subject to change.
Once you see that?  You'll never unsee it. 
That's a quantum leap for most.  Most are never able to make that leap.  And the world, led by some pretty rapacious and predatory characters, keeps spinning to their tune.

????

Emoticons now completely broken???

Tried on two browsers.

After tweaking Firefox I now use unspoiled Chrome and again see the intended layout/font/size.

What a sick joke!

• Haha 1

Communist ads. Goodie! I havent seen those before. If they just give a nudge with there elbow I'm sure they will find enough room here. Now, breathe in there's room for all of you....

the Forum's engine already has the capability of providing a darker default font - even though the palette has been taken away from the general user  to use in Replies... 

However everyone can still chip in whenever they themselves 

Create' a Topic... 

image.png.f81a4fdb4e4ef43e6a2d3c8cf80a86e0.png   

The current System Default seems to have Selected one of those Grey Selections along the bottom line?? 

18 hours ago, EricTh said:

I find the new fonts difficult to read.

Can the mod make the fonts darker and thicker so that it's easier to read.

As Crossy suggested, put your browser on 125% to make it easier to read.

22 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

I unfortunately just added a font changing extension to my Brave browser. 

now everything is in Arial. looks great. 

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/font-overwrite/efnhmidkajhnpdgfdpfnioiibmdjnkmn/related

Thanks - much appreciated.  ????????

Just write "arial" (without quotes) in the first box, leave the second box empty and press"Apply". 

Don't forget to refresh the webpage after changing.  ????

Hmm...emojis don't seem to be working... so <thumbs up> and <smiling face> to you.

Edited by scooterboy
  • Thanks 1

On my iPad it’s not too hard to read, but it’s hilarious to me that we found the theme button to help, so “they” removed it ! ????

And is it me or did the 13 page thread “announcing” the name change get flushed ?

I can’t find it… as mentioned above this forum was damn hard to find.

Cheers to Charlie and Crossy for hanging around and doing their best ????????

• Like 1