"Pink" ID Card

10 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Yellow book/pink card is accepted as proof of residence at our DLT (traffic office).

Pink card not accepted ot at my office in Khon Kaen. It's only every 5 years I need proof of address anyway. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, abrahamzvi said:

I find the pink card most useful. Even the bank accepts it in lieu of passport, which is of assistance. I really don't know of any draw back. If you can get it, do so.

Better off with an ATM card, my bank would accept it for withdrawal of small amounts.

3 minutes ago, CharlieH said:
5 minutes ago, stubuzz said:

Is the number on the pink ID the same as the tax id number?

Same number as house book.

I already have a tax card that gives ma a " lek prajam tua- ID number". So a pink id and yellow house book will give me another number?

<< eye roll >> Here we go again.... 

I’ve found it useful...  Particularly with the DLT (in Area 3 Bangkok) - renewing DL without having to spend *5000 baht on two Affirmation of Residence letters (for Driving and Motorcycle licences)

I was able to book my vaccine on the Mor Promt site / app using the Pink ID - received the vaccine over a month ago.

I’ve used the Pink ID at my bank numerous times instead of having to come back another time with my **passport (I don’t carry my passport around all the time) 

I’m glad a I got it - Its not a ’need to have item’ but once you have a Pink ID it can offer some additional convenience. 

Ignore Neernam - he pops up on every single Pink ID thread to tell everyone its worthless, its a novelty, that its not an ID card, thats its useless, that Farangs wave it around as if it makes them special.... etc etc.. I don’t know why he gets so butt hurt that others have this card - But he is very wrong, it is handy, I have found it handy.

*Someone will argue that I could get the letter of residence from Immigration: I can’t unless I have done a 90 day report, I travel too much and am never in Thailand long enough to do a 90 day report.

*Someone will argue that they can get a letter of residence from Immigration without a 90 day report (Chiang Mai Immigration probably), I can’t in Bangkok.

**Someone will argue that they can use their driving licence at the Bank. I can’t and never have had success in a Bank trying to use my driving licence as ID in Banks in Bangkok, I imagine this is the same for the vast majority of people. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, stubuzz said:
13 minutes ago, CharlieH said:
16 minutes ago, stubuzz said:

Same number as house book.

I already have a tax card that gives ma a " lek prajam tua- ID number". So a pink id and yellow house book will give me another number?

Theoretically, ‘Your number’ in the Yellow Tabien Baan house book and your Tax ID number are the same. 

The numbers on the Front of the Pink ID card should be the same. For most foreigners this 13 digit number starts with 6 (except for those with PR status and perhaps some others)

There is also a 9 digit sequence / number on the rear of the Pink ID card which is not present in the Yellow Tabien Baan house book. This sequence starts with B (for most foreigners) - I’m not sure what this number is, but it was necessary for registering on the Mor Promt App. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

may may may

sheer speculation fear mongering

they may also sit in nearby trees all night observing everything you do after dark with their night vision and IR equipment

so they got you wired even without a pink card

Yes I never thought of that. Well done.

51 minutes ago, stubuzz said:

Not on mine, it isn't, no. I see some others saying here theirs are the same number, but mine is not. The numbers on my yellow book and pink ID card are the same, but my Tax ID number is different. 

33 minutes ago, Card said:

The TIN (Thai ID number) on the pink card is used for tax issues. Having a pink ID card may alert the Thai tax authorities to your existence for tax purposes. That may then start to make enquiries that you do not want.

Having a Thai Tax ID number definitely gets you back the withheld interest from your bank if you file Thai income tax return.  Not experienced any problems having one.  Not working in Thailand, never have worked in Thailand.  

59 minutes ago, JJ Madcow said:

Was not able to get signup for Vaccine at hospital using passport, Yellow Book, But when i say i have the Pink ID Card i was signup.
And going to get my first Jab on 8 July.

Kindly.

Where was that?

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Theoretically, ‘Your number’ in the Yellow Tabien Baan house book and your Tax ID number are the same. 

The numbers on the Front of the Pink ID card should be the same. For most foreigners this 13 digit number starts with 6 (except for those with PR status and perhaps some others)

There is also a 9 digit sequence / number on the rear of the Pink ID card which is not present in the Yellow Tabien Baan house book. This sequence starts with B (for most foreigners) - I’m not sure what this number is, but it was necessary for registering on the Mor Promt App. 

For PR and Naturalized starts with Fig.8

2 hours ago, abrahamzvi said:

I find the pink card most useful. Even the bank accepts it in lieu of passport, which is of assistance. I really don't know of any draw back. If you can get it, do so.

My Thai driving licence gets me through the bank, on a domestic flight, out of the sh!t at a roadside check and just about everything else, now if you want to look a Hi-So with a pink card time to start form filling, just look at all the threads and then decide.

22 hours ago, jackdd said:

Just put this into Google: "site:thaivisa.com pink id card"

There are hundreds of threads about this topic already, no need for another one.

The summary: Some people think it's important, others think it's a waste of time getting one, it has nothing to do with immigration.

The issue is not really over the pink card, more to do with the yellow book.

Whether it is of any use or not is a bit like beauty, in the eye of the beholder. I had my yellow book many years before the pink cards came about. I have registered at hospitals with the yellow book and benefited from free flu jabs and free check ups at the mobile health clinics. You have to live in the hospital catchment area to be included in anything that involves government funding.

Of course that will be of little interest to those that are focused on private hospitals. The hospital that I use regularly registered me on Mor Phrom and I had the covid jab first thing 7th June, but again probably not something many are bothered about.

First marriage extension I did, Immigration asked if I had a yellow book  and when I said yes was sent off to get it copied. Maybe I should have said nothing to do with you.

Things are what they are, variable, and up to each individual to make their own mind up.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Almer said:

My Thai driving licence gets me through the bank, on a domestic flight,

No bank I’ve been to accepts the DL as proof of ID... it may suffice at a provincial branch where the staff there know you. Try other branches and you’ll find out, especially in Bangkok. It doesn’t matter too much, as I hardly go into the Bank, but when I do, the DL most definitely does not work. 

When was the last time you took a domestic flight?  a DL used to work years ago, recently, I don’t know - perhaps it works. 

The Pink ID card debate relating specifically to domestic flights is somewhat redundant and moot. Who travels to a different province without their Passport anyway ? So, even if your Pink ID or DL works - the vast majority of travellers will always have their passport at at hand. In this example a Pink ID offers no additional convenience.

I don’t go out with my Passport ( I don’t want to risk its loss), so the Pink ID can be helpful if stopped by the BiB, however, if polite and not acting like a tool, a DL will also work with the BiB if / when they ask for ID.

out of the sh!t at a roadside check

Erm... road side check ???...  Thats exactly what a Driving License is for !!! - using this as an excuse to imply a pink ID is useless is not really any argument at all. Unless you are not driving, in which case the above comments stands (about not going out with passport and if polite etc your DL will normally work as ID... Note though, the Pink ID will always work as proof of ID !!

and just about everything else

Such as ?? *Banks (discussed above), renewing Motorcycle and Driving licences, Post office and primarily Vaccine registration. 

If the recent vaccine registration process is anything to go by, it would make sense to get a Yellow Tabien house book and Pink ID as a ‘just in case’....

When booster vaccinations are required the Pink ID may prove very useful again. 

Why would anyone hedge their bet and not have something which maybe useful instead of having something which may not be ?

now if you want to look a Hi-So with a pink card time to start form filling, just look at all the threads and then decide.

An irrational and somewhat daft comment. This makes it obvious that you have some kind of chip on your shoulder against Pink ID, or rather those who have one. 

Most people who have a Pink ID simply argue that it has been useful. I’ve never read of one comment or spoken to a single person who holds a Pink ID who suggests its anything other than handy. With certainty not one poster or person has ever said it makes them elevated in any manner or form, such an attitude is idiotic.

Perhaps you think that if you had the Pink ID you would somehow feel elevated, the ‘Hi-So’ comment is nothing more than a self projection. 

The idea that some have that others feel a plastic ID card somehow makes them elevated is utterly preposterous and ultimately an unintelligent strawman argument.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This has been hashed over a million times.  Do a google search and read widely, see your local amphur first and find out their requirements for the yellow book.  It all depends on where you live....it varies greatly.

This subject has always caused heated arguements on here in the past so much so I am wondering if aseannow has purposely brought it up to deflect attention away from the rebrand????ing of ThaiVisa??  ????(oh damn, emojis not working)