UK on red list?

5 minutes ago, oliverphoenix2 said:

UJ that list was from Jun 16, I just looked at the 1 July update and UK appears to be now on red list. Is the Thailand Department of Disease Control the relevant website?

I wonder what date that list is effective. The one I posted states they only update it on the 16th of the month.

Ok, so these countries are now on the "red list".

What does that actually mean in real terms - that differentiates from Amber list countries e.g. access, quarantine etc?

The pdf is in Thai. 

1 hour ago, Pmbkk said:

What does that actually mean in real terms - that differentiates from Amber list countries e.g. access, quarantine etc?

Thailand does not use the color codes. Amber list would mean medium risk country I assume which means you could do the Phuket sandbox option.

You cannot use the Phuket sandbox option if on the high risk list (red list?).

You can only stay at ASQ or ALQ hotel and have to do the 14 day quarantine.

2 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

First TG direct flight to HKT from London leaves tomorrow.  Will be interesting to see if the lucky sandtrap passengers get diverted on arrival to a 14 day lock up hotel instead.

If they have a certificate of entry issued on or before the 1st they will still get into the sandbox.

2 hours ago, Pmbkk said:

Ok, so these countries are now on the "red list".

The pdf is in Thai. 

That means that now we can not travel to Thailand 

2 hours ago, Espanol said:

That means that now we can not travel to Thailand 

Not really. It means the sandbox entry without strict quarantine is not allowed. It is still possible to enter with full 14-day ASQ.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Get here quickly. It soon will be on the red list.

28,000 new cases on Wednesda,y, no masks being worn at Wimbeldon, (note, officials are wearing) & 120,000 Euro fans crammed into Wembley  , again going to me maskless

The next month is all about just how volitile these new strains are 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That list is dated the 30th of June.

The new one showing the UK as being on the high risk list posted in this topic earlier is dated the 1st of July.

I think they're different lists. The one I posted is the list of countries from which you can travel to enter the Phuket sandbox.

23 minutes ago, Exploring Thailand said:

I think they're different lists. The one I posted is the list of countries from which you can travel to enter the Phuket sandbox.

Not sure the list you posted is still valid now due to the UK being on the list of high risk countries now. The rules state only those from low or medium risk countries qualify for the sandbox.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Not sure where the list you posted is still valid now due to the UK being on the list of high risk countries now. The rules state only those from low or medium risk countries qualify for the sandbox.

I guess it's a left-hand right-hand thing. It does seem probable that the UK will be off the list soon, if it is isn't already.

12 minutes ago, Exploring Thailand said:

I guess it's a left-hand right-hand thing. It does seem probable that the UK will be off the list soon, if it is isn't already.

They only update the list twice a month on the 1st and the 16th.

1 minute ago, Exploring Thailand said:

So,  presumably travel will be possible until at least the 16th. The Thai embassy in London is still saying that you can travel to the sandbox.

The new list was done on the 1st. Maybe the embassy has not gotten the new list yet.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The new list was done on the 1st. Maybe the embassy has not gotten the new list yet.

What happens to people if granted COE on 1/2 July because the Embassy has not updated the list yet on arrival in HKT.? say Monday 5th. July?

Edited by pontious

17 minutes ago, pontious said:

What happens to people if granted COE on 1/2 July because the Embassy has not updated the list yet on arrival in HKT.? say Monday 5th. July?

I think it would still be valid unless the embassy canceled it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1