Moderna Vaccine in High Demand

snoop1130

14 hours ago, riclag said:

If people would only try due diligence ,its amazing what one can accomplish with a little bit of effort !

Private Hospital search within the province and surrounding provinces , inquiring  of a M vacc that offers refundable deposits !  It worked for me in the middle of May !

Many expats here don't have the slightest inclination to assimilate into Thai society, can't read the language and expect things to be given on a plate, as they sip their g&t. This Colonial attitude is well out of date.  

Others are like the Muslims in London, they want to change their host country's traditions and culture. Sad.

Edited by Neeranam

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

Many expats here don't have the slightest inclination to assimilate into Thai society, can't read the language and expect things to be given on a plate, as they sip their g&t. This Colonial attitude is well out of date.  

So when are you getting your Moderna vaccine?

17 hours ago, friendofthai said:

I have recently read in newspaper that there are businesses selling land on the Moon. The happy customers are sure that they can use their property one day in the future. Happy to see that there is an alternative option for real futuristic optimists - It is possible to book Moderna in Thailand.

If you don't pay your chances of getting an Mrna vaccine is a big fat 0%.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, riclag said:

If people would only try due diligence ,its amazing what one can accomplish with a little bit of effort !

Private Hospital search within the province and surrounding provinces , inquiring  of a M vacc that offers refundable deposits !  It worked for me in the middle of May !

There are all non refundable for the Moderna vaccine.

There is no hospital that is selling the Moderna vaccine without a full non refundable deposit.

If someone offers this then its a scam.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

This problem of very few vaccines being supplied could be eradicated at a stroke...........

Replace the Department of Health with TAT............imagine the number of vaccines flooding into the country then???

Yes, but it would still be all talk and no results.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

And IF the vaccin do arrive in October, when will you actually get your first jab?

I would assume October.

At least these are private hospitals.  It's not like your maybe getting a Chinese vaccine in a train station packed with people.

20 hours ago, ferguston said:

Thailand the only place in world which rips expats off.

Pay now and wait until.October for your vaccine.

Said this in another topic. Paid upfront for me and the wife a few weeks ago in Lopburi. 2000 baht each for 2 jabs. 3800 each if we waited for jabs day. It is what it is. 

20 hours ago, ferguston said:

Thailand the only place in world which rips expats off.

Pay now and wait until.October for your vaccine.

Price is the same for expats and Thais..I assume you have a link to show the double pricing right? 

I bet most booking it were Thais too...

11 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Red tape and cost are considerations, but time is the biggest obstacle, 3 weeks absolute minimum (J&J) plus 2 weeks on return to THL. So 5 weeks minimum. 8, or 9 or 10 more likely with 2-dose vaccines.

The Thai embassy in my EU home country lists a "full vaccination" at least 14 days prior flight to Thailand as one of the essential travel requirements. They do define "full vaccination" as 2 shots of the same brand. If their published definition is indeed correct it means J&J is not an option and thus timelines required for vaccination abroad are longer. I have asked them to confirm. 

If you are over 40, then it looks like a good strategy is probably to take the AZ now and then do a Moderna later as a booster early-mid next year. That way, it'll keep you out of hospital in the near term and meet the Stasi vaccine rules/pass stuff here (especially when immigration eventually get round to tying it to visa renewal) and then the Moderna should OK you for any international travel later.

Seems there isn't a problem to mix vaccines and then you'll have protection from both types of vaccine... viral vector and MRNA.

Maybe not perfect, but a pragmatic compromise for the current situation here... unless you are happy to flee and then do all the headaches to get back in.