Thailand’s Attorney General Finishes Examination of Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine Agreement

webfact

e5999c1bcab60541858f77871301ec7f_small.jpg

By Subhabhong Rarueysong

BANGKOK (NNT) - Thailand’s Office of the Attorney General (OAG) has finished reviewing the Government Pharmaceutical Organization’s (GOP) draft supply agreement for the purchase of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine.

OAG deputy spokesman Prayuth Phetkhun said the office returned the document to the GOP for further action on Monday morning.

He said the OAG has also examined a number of draft contracts to buy COVID-19 vaccines. The office took one day to examine the draft for the purchase of Sinovac vaccine and five days on a similar document for AstraZeneca vaccine.

As for the draft contract to buy the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, the OAG received it from the Department of Disease Control on June 29. After finishing the review, it was also returned to the department on Monday morning.

nnt.jpg

Waiting for the GPO to acknowledge receipt, and place an order with Zuellig.

However, it will not be that simple.

The money must change hands next, from hospitals to GPO to ??? then to Zuellig

Can't wait to see what or who ??? is? Some government agency we've never heard from? Or will it be the MoF?

Welcome to Moderna Bingo.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

The gf just sent 3,300 baht to a hospital in Khon Kaen for the opportunity to, at some point in the future, be granted a queue number and a date certain (?) for Moderna vaccination.  

As I understand it, if she can get AZ from the government, free or not, before the Khon Kaen hospital can perform, she can assign or sell her queue place to someone, like a relative or friend. If the hospital cannot perform by next March, she can qualify for a refund. She might also, I think, use a further out appointment as a third shot/booster. 

This is largely because that is her home of origin, and I may be gone for the next 4 or 5 months if my PCR test next week comes back as hoped. To me it's just $100 thrown to fate as a gamble, I'm ok if it's lost, we just keep trying. I had a first dose of AZ 2 weeks ago in Bangkok, then decided on another gamble which hardly a gamble, that California might be a better place to chill. It goes without saying that it is to my benefit that she gets shots, however it happens.

• Like 2

If I am not mistaken, isn't the Moderna vaccine going to be tallied up during all of July, then the order to be placed for delivery  during the 4th quarter?  Or, is this a separate order "guessing" how many want that vaccine (as shown by the traffic in CM it is too many) and therefore, they are advising the private hospitals that each will receive 60 doses or maybe 100 doses and therefore as soon as they open for registration, within 5-10 minutes they are "fully" booked as they claim.  It would really be nice if the government would actually take control of this project, organize it properly and then advise everyone that is eligible for said project.  That would stop the onslaught getting into the queue at 4 AM and never making it to the counter to register.  Hopefully someone will tackle this project and get it organized once and for all!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand’s Office of the Attorney General (OAG) has finished reviewing the Government Pharmaceutical Organization’s (GOP) draft supply agreement for the purchase of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine.

Wake me up when it actually here.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Living in Lopburi. Registered for moderna a few weeks back. Paid up front for me and my wife. 2000 baht each for 2 jabs (3800 baht each if I waited until jab day). No line. No problem. Been told for a while now that it's expected sometime around October. Can only hope this review junk can finish up quickly. Not holding my breath. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Mick60 said:

Living in Lopburi. Registered for moderna a few weeks back. Paid up front for me and my wife. 2000 baht each for 2 jabs (3800 baht each if I waited until jab day). No line. No problem. Been told for a while now that it's expected sometime around October. Can only hope this review junk can finish up quickly. Not holding my breath. 

1 minute ago, Mick60 said:

Guess you haven't heard the news . Thailand never actually ordered Moderna after talking about doing it for 3 months. According to Moderna all contracts signed now will be for delivery in 2022. Sorry for the bad news . I wanted it too  

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Enzian said:

The gf just sent 3,300 baht to a hospital in Khon Kaen for the opportunity to, at some point in the future, be granted a queue number and a date certain (?) for Moderna vaccination.  

To me it's just $100 thrown to fate as a gamble, I'm ok if it's lost, we just keep trying. I had a first dose of AZ 2 weeks ago in Bangkok, then decided on another gamble which hardly a gamble, that California might be a better place to chill. It goes without saying that it is to my benefit that she gets shots, however it happens.

Pretty much my view. My partner and I have Sinovac, but may as well gamble $100 on a Moderna maybe. Who really knows what situation Thailand is going to be in by year end and the vaccine politics. Sure, there may be Thai vaccines by then, but who will accept those globally?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, newnative said:

This order for Moderna is STILL mired in bureaucracy?????????????????????

Meanwhile the cabinet approved the purchase of 20 MM Pfizer doses today. Government spokesman mentioned these would arrive from October.

Interesting.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Meanwhile the cabinet approved the purchase of 20 MM Pfizer doses today. Government spokesman mentioned these would arrive from October.

Interesting.

Not a chance. They are lying again 

• Thanks 1