Thailand reports record high of 75 Covid-19 deaths, 7,058 new cases

webfact

yes, and more cases would and would have been discovered if they tested everybody, which of course they do not.  Locking down or shutting down, will not accomplish anything in the long run, but most likely will just delay the inevitable spread. 

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, pomchop said:

Meanwhile in the USA the president and most state governments are literally begging people to get a free shot and offering everything from free beers to lottery ticket with chance to win a million dollars for getting the shot.  TV and papers are full of ads with doctors, preachers, scientists, covid survivors, covid victims families etc all BEGGING people to get the shot.  Shots are availabe from pfizer, moderna, johnson..your choice.  Literally tens of thousand pharmacies, walmarts, local clinics, costco, sams clubs where shots are available no appointment necessary.  Getting a free shot is as easy as buying a bottle of water...and all free.

And yet there are still about 1/3 who refuse thereby putting themselves and their family and friends and fellow citizens at risk and dragging out the shutdowns etc for everyone else.

Seems sad when so many in places like Thailand are literally begging to get a shot that a wealthy country like usa has to beg millions of it's citizens to get the shot....or provide medical care for those who refuse and get sick.

actually here in the USA it is not necessarily simple to get the vaccine.  Doable, but not simple and easy for many. Walgreens requires an on line form and a reservation.  And they beg for your health insurance information.

47 minutes ago, gk10012001 said:

actually here in the USA it is not necessarily simple to get the vaccine.  Doable, but not simple and easy for many. Walgreens requires an on line form and a reservation.  And they beg for your health insurance information.

Walgreens Continues to Boost COVID-19 Vaccination Access Across the Country

More than 4,000 locations will extend pharmacy hours of operation to add further flexibility for walk-in COVID-19 vaccinations

https://news.walgreens.com/press-center/walgreens-continues-to-boost-covid-19-vaccination-access-across-the-country-.htm

It really would make no sense for Walgreens not to offer walk-ins when their competitors are doing so.

Hot right of the press-  by REUTERS

"Indonesia and Thailand are considering booster shots for medical workers immunized with the vaccine made by China's Sinovac.

Indonesia has vaccinated millions of its healthcare workers with the Sinovac shot and thousands of them are now testing positive for COVID-19. 

In Thailand, a leaked health ministry memo showed a comment warning not to give Pfizer booster shots to medical workers.

The quote was made by an unnamed official, who said that such a move could undermine confidence in the effectiveness of Sinovac

Further you read, Thailand are going to use the US donation for the medical workers.

it is a problem all over the world...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

I hope these people are successful in getting tested today, its a sad refection that those who are suffering or have a high risk of contracting the virus have to spend all night camping out to a center that does just 900 tests a day.

Hundreds of people wait in line nightly for COVID-19 testing at Wat Phra Si Rattana Mahathat in Bangkok. Some people started waiting at 7pm last night. Testing starts at 8.00am and the limit is 900 people per day

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1412931951451942912

I remeber reading on this forum :  we have one of the best medical systems in the world. What a disgrace in the hub of nothing !

• Like 1

One question about Thailand government leadership, and where the Government is. They are all Hiding in their homes.

Either in isolation (quarantine) or just busy on Zoom to not infect each other.  Yup, great leadership in action.

Sorry Thailand you are now in trouble, and with the numbers rising, soon you will be in big trouble. Becoming an India or

Brazil is a possible future if the inept government does not do a lock down in time, and if the population does not also

take the situation serious enough and does not lock down as requested (ordered).  Delta has arrived, Lambda is coming, so

where will Thailand be next week? Who knows?

Geezer

• Confused 1

Things are starting to get REAL in Thailand unfortunately. Cases are rising exponentially and test, vaccines and beds are non-existent. Just need to look to Indonesia to see what's coming next.

I worry for the Thais and ex-pats alike. The vast majority of the ex-pat community haven't seen the inside of a gym for 40 years, drink like fish and smoke like a Victorian chimney. I for one wouldn't be leaving the house.

I managed to get vaccinated before I came back out here and would seriously advise others to try facilitate the same approach back in your home country.

Take care out there.

Sincerely 

MORRIS

Classically trained musician 

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, KhunMorris said:

Things are starting to get REAL in Thailand unfortunately. Cases are rising exponentially and test, vaccines and beds are non-existent. Just need to look to Indonesia to see what's coming next.

Shhhh...you used the e-word. Certain persons will awake and return to haunt the forum.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, phills2k1 said:

I received my first dose in a CVS the day after I landed in late May, as a walk in

Are you seriously counting having internet access (and making a few clicks if you don't want to or can't provide health insurance information) as being difficult?  Especially compared to how people have to sign up in Thailand?  Really?

I made no comparisons.  You did. 

5 hours ago, placeholder said:

As I noted above, Walgreen's does too, His claim was clearly false. And it is amazing how many Americans are willing to go out of their way not to get a shot or two.

It was not false.  I just tried it here for Walgreens in Syracuse New York.  Have to make an appointment, have to fill out a form online, or fill in the form when you get there.  Right off their own website.  If you did otherwise,  well goodie for you and congrats for taking part in the experiment as a guinea pig

7 minutes ago, gk10012001 said:

It was not false.  I just tried it here for Walgreens in Syracuse New York.  Have to make an appointment, have to fill out a form online, or fill in the form when you get there.  Right off their own website.  If you did otherwise,  well goodie for you and congrats for taking part in the experiment as a guinea pig

Theres 3.32 BILLION of vaccines given already . You like to be the guinea pig who wants to have Covid , and being put in hospital , good for you , i hope they give you all the medicines they got , so you can come out hospital few 100k lighter ( i guess you are US ) , and i hope the insurance doesn't cover anti vaxxers . I shouldn't want it for anybody , but i can't help myself sometimes . If people try anything to get life going again , and others who do try anything to block from going back to normal life , thats what you get ...

34 minutes ago, gk10012001 said:

I made no comparisons.  You did. 

I asked if you really believed that needing internet access is an impediment towards getting a vaccine, as you mentioned.

People need access to sign up in Thailand, hence making an allusion to a country where it's difficult to receive the vaccine

I also love how a pharmacy asking for health insurance information (which you don't even have to provide!) is such a ridiculous notion as well

What's next, complaining about having to show an ID when making a bank withdrawal?

• Like 2