Thailand reports record high of 75 Covid-19 deaths, 7,058 new cases

webfact

13 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Can you elaborate on “AZ production is trending upwards as well”?

As an example India is now running close to 200M per month. Plants in Europe, USA, Japan and Australia are now producing in excess of local demand. A lot of this is due to the bans on AZ for under 40's due to the very low chance of blood clots. In the USA it's wholly exported now as it was never approved for local use.

MRNA vaccines will remain constrained from a supply viewpoint for at least 3-4 months as they are increasingly being used in the West for vaccinating the lower age groups.

Malaysia is expecting vaccines of various kinds totalling 12 million during July.

By the way there's a special Moderna booster (designed for Delta etc) available for delivery in January. Hopefully Governments are ordering now.

Government to tighten restrictions amid record infections, denies “lockdown”

The government will decide this week on extra Covid restriction measures suggested by the Ministry of Health, the Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) said on Thursday, as rates of infection and death reached new highs.

“This is not going to be a full lockdown,” said Dr Apisamai Srirangsan, the CCSA’s deputy spokeswoman.

The CCSA will decide on the added measures in hard-hit provinces on Friday, she said. The suggestions cover tighter checkpoints between provinces, more business closures and mandatory working from home.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/29581/government-to-tighten-restrictions-amid-record-infections-denies-lockdown/

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

The number of reported hospital walk-in cases is predictive of near term future case numbers. That will be true until hospital capacity is truly maxed out. 

What is the true hospital capacity?

37 minutes ago, IamNoone88 said:

Thailand really needs international help and advice on a major vaccine rollout program and the delivery of gold standard vaccines - but will never ask for it. in the meantime the economy will continue to plummet together with underlying confidence.

There is plenty of advice on vaccine roll outs for this pandemic that most countries follow except Thailand. The template for an efficient vaccine plan for all countries with adjustments to spread of the virus, vaccine availability and all other considerations is in a neat pdf from WHO. 

If you take a peek at that you can see how Thailand seems to have ignored it nearly completely.

https://www.who.int/immunization/sage/meetings/2020/october/Session03_Roadmap_Prioritization_Covid-19_vaccine.pdf

21 minutes ago, Spilornis said:

As an example India is now running close to 200M per month. Plants in Europe, USA, Japan and Australia are now producing in excess of local demand. A lot of this is due to the bans on AZ for under 40's due to the very low chance of blood clots. In the USA it's wholly exported now as it was never approved for local use.

MRNA vaccines will remain constrained from a supply viewpoint for at least 3-4 months as they are increasingly being used in the West for vaccinating the lower age groups.

Malaysia is expecting vaccines of various kinds totalling 12 million during July.

By the way there's a special Moderna booster (designed for Delta etc) available for delivery in January. Hopefully Governments are ordering now.

Oh, ok. Global production. not really Thailand related then.

I wondered whether you had info on local production of AZ which seems to have declined by 50%, so far as the local market is concerned.

I wish some of that global production AND the Moderna booster could find its way to Thailand. As yet no mRNA shots here, plus it doesn’t seem any AZ from overseas. At least, not that has been announced by the government.

1 minute ago, anchadian said:

All appointments for Moderna jabs were snapped up just seconds after registration opened at Phyathai 2 Hospital in Bangkok on Thursday. #Moderna #COVID19 #vaccine #ThailandNews #TheNationThailand

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40002996

In Phuket too,

PHUKET: Expats in Phuket have vented an outpouring of frustration online after being unable to register their reservation of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccination being offered by Bangkok Hospital Phuket today (July 7).

39 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

The number of reported hospital walk-in cases is predictive of near term future case numbers. That will be true until hospital capacity is truly maxed out. 

Phew, for a minute there I thought all the reports of people being turned away from hospitals and ER units closing was because hospitals were maxed out already.

thank goodness there are spare beds.

or maybe they are maxed out but not “truly” maxed out…..whatever that means.

Edited by wensiensheng
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

If you think 7,000 cases a day is high apparently the UK gov is predicting they will be getting 100,000 cases per day and our mate Neil Ferguson is predicting 150,000 cases per day in the near future. 

Yep they are putting all there eggs into the vaccinated basket and are hoping on hospital admission staying low. I'm not entirely sure how this all works but I guess eventually the Delta will run out of steam i.e hosts. I did have a thought though. What happens if it morphs into another strain. Vaccine breakthroughs producing a new strain. Like I say just a thought.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

In Phuket too,

PHUKET: Expats in Phuket have vented an outpouring of frustration online after being unable to register their reservation of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccination being offered by Bangkok Hospital Phuket today (July 7).

I thought Phuket expats had been royally treated due to sandbox.

I can't get a sniff of first jab, let alone the golden syrup Moderna.

Perhaps they can get back into the sandpit.

Looks like we have now reached 4 million deaths world wide due to Covid and India has now taken the top spot as far as deaths are concerned.  We can more than likely say it is because of the Delta variant that we are now seeing here in Thailand that those deaths have continued upward.  I think we are in for a rocky next couple of months.  All I can say is stay safe folks and do what's needed.

Covid Deaths Reach 4 Million as India Eclipses U.S., U.K. (msn.com)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DrJack54 said:

I would guess that this maybe those expects that had the Sinovac and are now looking for a Moderna booster?

I

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

"With this, we apologize for any of the inconveniences the general public and society have to face. But these disease control measures are necessary. They may cause a lot of inconveniences. They may cause a lot of strain.... But it is important and it is necessary," Nopakun said.

And opening up the borders and then the country in about 90 days is still a go.  These folks remind me of lemmings running  towards the cliff.........

• Like 1

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

The Public Health Ministry will not propose the lockdown measure to the meeting of the Covid-19 task force tomorrow but the proposal will be to intensify Covid-19 restrictions, said Apisamai Srirangsan, assistant spokeswoman of the task force.

@TNAMCOT

https://twitter.com/TNAMCOTEnglish/status/1413032908319715328

To Late the exodus has already started.  Rama 4 is packed as of 3:30 on the outbound lanes towards the freeway and the freeway looks packed headed towards the west. Either everyone left work early today to head home and pack before exiting my side of Bangkok, or someone is having a huge party they are all headed to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I would guess that this maybe those expects that had the Sinovac and are now looking for a Moderna booster?

I

Well possible. Means they have two more jabs than me and complaining no cherry ???? on top.

58 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

https://reliefweb.int/report/thailand/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19-who-thailand-situation-report-171-12-april-2021

FYI, these are the provinces that had Covid cases before Songkran. 

Repeating that it was Songkran that spread the virus to Isaan is as crazy as some of the Deniers here. 

Screenshot_20210708_143409.jpg

We have a new winner!

Edit: Sorry I see it's already been announced I'll try to catch up!

Edited by FarFlungFalang
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes and no on Phuket expats. Certainly those who are working had every opportunity to get vaccinated, some were forced to do so at the behest of their employer.

not so for those who are retired unfortunately. There was a window for foreigners without a work permit to register but for some time now the Phuket must win app has been showing as “fully booked”, which actually means, no vaccine.

also, if not already jabbed, it’s hard to imagine much more vaccine being sent here, so it could be a while.

Edited by wensiensheng
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

Phew, for a minute there I thought all the reports of people being turned away from hospitals and ER units closing was because hospitals were maxed out already.

thank goodness there are spare beds.

or maybe they are maxed out but not “truly” maxed out…..whatever that means.

Clearly, the logistics at work are a bit difficult for you understand. If people are lined up to get into a hospital in one area of Bangkok, does that mean that all hospitals are at capacity? 

Or maybe there are still beds available in hospitals on the other side of the city. 

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Spilornis said:

Thailand primarily uses the AZ vaccine it has produced here in house, I know that a few thousand jabs were sent originally by AZ to Thailand in February and then Japan was set to sent some this week, but to say it is trending upward is not correct.

26 minutes ago, meltonpie said:

If you think the governance of Thailand is bad, what is happening in UK beggars belief. Now seemingly actively encouraging transmissions

They also seem to be morphing into a Swedish style of not making restrictions mandatory.Another win for the Swedes.

• Haha 1