Microsoft Issues Serious Windows 10 Upgrade Warning

webfact

Microsoft shouldn't force people to update by putting the update option in between sleep and shutdown.

They are hoping that we will hit the wrong button to start the update. I have to be careful not to hit the wrong button all the time. It's a pain in the ass using MS.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, KeeTua said:

From my very brief reading domain controllers are mainly vulnerable to this exploit. It still requires an authenticated domain user account to use this exploit to gain control of the domain controller typically authenticated users have access to the print spooler on the domain controller. The big worry is there are domain user account credentials available for sale on the Internet.

At home as long as your Window's firewall setting recognizes the network you are using as public, as opposed to a home network, then your computer would not be vulnerable to this exploit even if you invited a hacker to your network to try it.

You would probably need to enable printer sharing on your home computer to expose the necessary ports to be attacked and then if you're behind a router which you haven't enabled port forwarding on the attack could only happen from someone on your home network.

ah, so this one is not a kind of fun we had with ms12-020.

my bad.

I just wish that the IT guys would get it right in the beginning .. they give us this <deleted> and let us debug it .. its good they arent auto mechanics ..  ....

go to school   ask your elders   train train  and then get it right the first time

On 7/8/2021 at 10:45 AM, JimmyJ said:

Yes, and for my next pooter I'm going to buy Pro only for that reason.

You need to use gpedit.msc command which is not available in Windows 10 Home, but you can upgrade to Win 10 Pro simply by buying antivation key.

Buy Genuine Product keys OEM Retail UK Europe Windows 10 office 2019 – Productkeys-uk (softkeys.uk)

Worked for me!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mario666 said:

You need to use gpedit.msc command which is not available in Windows 10 Home, but you can upgrade to Win 10 Pro simply by buying antivation key.

Buy Genuine Product keys OEM Retail UK Europe Windows 10 office 2019 – Productkeys-uk (softkeys.uk)

Worked for me!

I don't understand.

They are openly pirating Product Keys which work for a fraction of the intended cost?

And it allows one to download the actual MS Software?

Edited by JimmyJ

• 2 months later...