Thai PM says tougher COVID-19 measures are necessary

webfact

5 hours ago, brucegoniners said:

What a <deleted>&*^ng fool! Really dude? You say that now? If you had put back in the measures you had at the beginning about 3-4 months ago the problem would be solved. There would be no quarantine and lots of tourists. Instead you're ruined everything. Why don't you just resign and let someone who's competent do the job? Unfortunately it's doubtful you'll find such a person in Thailand.

People dont resign money and power jobs regardless of qualifications (none)

4 hours ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

Baby boomers being selfish and only thinking about themselves? Imagine my shock! Imagine if the world operated entirely by your selfish logic. “Old people might die, so we need to restructure society to accommodate that.” This isn’t any different from “Drunk drivers might kill some people, so we need to halt all driving to protect those at risk.”

”Some people might abuse alcohol so it needs to be banned for everyone.” 

You are an awful GRANDMA KILLER if you don’t want to sacrifice your income and livelihoods for a small portion of the population who are most vulnerable to the virus that greater than 99% of people survive! Being on board with Thailand’s version of a COVID lockdown is like being on board with Stalin’s Five Year Plan. Thailand’s version of COVID lockdowns are a dictator’s wet dream. Even if you lose your job because everything is shut down, you can’t even travel back to your hometown and live with family because travel is restricted.. How can anyone except bitter old pensioners who don’t need to worry about where their next meal comes from, be on board with that?

Here’s an idea: how about the ones most vulnerable, go self isolate if they’re so afraid. No contact with anyone, we will slide trays of food and supplies under the door or leave it outside after they are thoroughly soaked in sanitizer. We’ll send you a vaccine kit when they’re available and you can inject yourself with it, it’s not hard.

Let all the young, able bodied people choose between getting covid, or not being homeless. Statistics are on their side if they catch COVID; they’ll get better. COVID is not the ultimate doomsday virus that is going to kill EVERYONE! 

If the aging pensioners took better care of their health, they wouldn’t need to be so afraid of a virus with a greater than 99% survival rate, but personal responsibility and self control is hard, and being fat and unhealthy is easy. ????????‍♂️

So everyone here on board with yet another lockdown (since the other ones worked so well, right?) where can I come collect my GF’s monthly salary generously provided by you, after yet another indefinite lockdown puts her out of work again?  I’m standing by with her K-bank account numbers, you can go ahead and make direct deposits. ????????

That's a great rant, now tell me what it was about

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, ourmanflint said:

That's a great rant, now tell me what it was about

Agreed! I think he is waiting at an atm to collect his GFs earnings and is annoyed that old people are ahead in the queue but I may have speed read to the end?¹

• Like 1

I beg to differ my good friend. Ordering many more decent vaccinations is necessary. Prohibiting people from going on holidays last April would have been necessary. Coming down hard on those clubbers would have been necessary. Preventing construction workers from absconding would have been necessary. But this is not necessary. This is the result of failing miserably in all of the aforementioned, and other, situations.  

11 hours ago, webfact said:

Currently on home quarantine, the prime minister said, in his Facebook post, that he has been keeping track of the COVID-19 situation in the country with growing concern and has been receiving information from all relevant agencies, so he can assess the situation and select appropriate measures to cope with the pandemic. Failing this, he said, the impacts on the people will be more serious.

He's been keeping track for 18 months... maybe a new tack would be appropriate.

"so he can assess the situation and select appropriate measures to cope with the pandemic. Failing this, he said, the impacts on the people will be more serious."

did he use the word "Failing" ??   or is it a translation misunderstanding.....

Thai PM says tougher COVID-19 measures are necessary

Geez Prayut.  Like locking migrant laborers in construction camps under military guard and then engaging in genocide by not supplying them with food or water. 
What's the plan?  Kill the migrants to stop Covid.

What is Thailand?  They New Myanmar?  General?

It does not matter what you say anymore. Not one iota. Nobody cares. 

Prayuth has zero credibility, on any level. He is stunningly incompetent, and has long overstayed his welcome. And now, he has failed the nation miserably with these additional waves of Covid, which could have easily been avoided, had some precautions been taken by locking down Samut Sakhon province immediately, and rooting out his bad apple immigration guys, on the border. Now, the same applies to the constructions sites and many of the factories.

There is no saying the extent of the corruption in this administration, but the army is not exactly known for integrity.

He must step down, or be removed. He is a toxic force, and a dinosaur. The youth is right. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, natway09 said:

Lockdown,,,,      coming

Vaccines,,,,,,,,     coming

The Boss & his Health Minister are just  waking up

Will their buddies still be able to open their Malls & Shopping Centres during the day or have they realized that the virus does not have  a watch

correct, toadie has the rights to all watches ......

"Thai PM says tougher COVID-19 measures are necessary ...."

Right, being a lot more pro-active many moons ago and getting vaccines on order and locking down hot-spots would certainly been a far better measure -- horse, door, stable comes to mind for some reason. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ftpjtm said:

By abolishing the Constitution, dissolving the Parliament, and creating new rules allowing the coup leaders to appoint 50% of the Senate.

If you are a Friend of The Exceptional Hegemon then allowing the coup leaders to appoint 50% of the Senate is called "Democracy!"

If you are not a Friend of The Exceptional Hegemon then allowing the coup leaders to appoint 50% of the Senate is called "Dictatorship."

So you see my friend, the coup leaders are recognized by the Exceptional Hegemon as one of their own.