Anyone trying to sell condo?

3 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Not even that, I'm just going by asking prices quoted in the local sales point and the main local website. Mine is one of the more highly renovated but doubt I could sell easily unless I find another soppy dreaming fool. 

It's all about the bid not the ask bro.

1 hour ago, Albert Zweistein said:

In the near term ?

Not the best phrase. I think waiting 2-5 years would be a much better time to sell a condo. One year is we get lucky and people stop acting insane. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Inflation?

Sure but invest in stuff that fairs better in an inflationary environment, like Oil and Telecom shares.......just watch out for the next big dip then buy even more lol

On 7/10/2021 at 3:19 PM, HashBrownHarry said:

The older units are starting to become more appealing coz they offer much bigger sqm as opposed to the 'shoe box' size of the newer units.

The Thaiger has a vid up of a penthouse duplex built 1994 on suk soi 22 that's 500 sq meters! It is asking 24 mil though

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Airalee said:

This.

I’m surprised that most people don’t do this.  Even more surprised when I see units for sale in my building that have spectacular views but whoever took the photos couldn’t even be bothered to open the curtains to take a photo of the view.  

Yes, I've been researching future condo purchase in Hua Hin down the line and of course a resort condo needs to have a decent view (for me) in addition to a good location. So many ads never even show the balcony or window view..which leads me to believe they are either staring at another building next door or looking out over a construction site or dump site. Just common sense. And realistically...if you want to sell, either renovate with neutral colors/materials and put some half decent modern stuff in or alternatively discount significantly from new offerings in your same locale. So many sitting out there in good locations but very unattractively presented.

• Like 2

Interesting reading, don't really want to start a new thread but I'm actually looking to buy a condo at the moment in Bangkok (and hopefully taking advantage of the buyers market situation). Just a small (3m baht) 1 bedroom room that can either be used sparingly or rented.

I know the saying "if you don't ask you don't get", but does anyone have any experience with buying at this price point and the "discounts" to be had? ie if I were to offer 2.9-3.0m for a 3.5m condo would that be pushing it a little?

6 minutes ago, pazienza said:

Interesting reading, don't really want to start a new thread but I'm actually looking to buy a condo at the moment in Bangkok (and hopefully taking advantage of the buyers market situation). Just a small (3m baht) 1 bedroom room that can either be used sparingly or rented.

I know the saying "if you don't ask you don't get", but does anyone have any experience with buying at this price point and the "discounts" to be had? ie if I were to offer 2.9-3.0m for a 3.5m condo would that be pushing it a little?

Might be tough to find something in Bangkok proper for that money. Where are you looking?

I thing the "buyer's markets" may be more in the tourist areas.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

Might be tough to find something in Bangkok proper for that money. Where are you looking?

I thing the "buyer's markets" may be more in the tourist areas.

I've found a place i'm very interested in about 650m from BTS Ekkamai (37sq.m and a 2013 development) for ~3m - although there are a few other places further down the BTS line (Phra Khanong onwards) with (shoebox ~28sq.m) sized studios. Away from the BTS there is a lot for sale in Suapalai Park Asoke-Ratchada (MRT Rama 9) but I'm not a big fan of huge high rise condominiums.

My aunt owns a nice condo at the far end of Sukhumvit Soi 4 (no giggling at the back), she thinks that one of the old Saranjai Mansion condos down Sukhumvit 6 Alley could be good (they are available from ~2.7m upwards), but they look ancient to me, and although very close to Nana BTS the area isn't really my bag. But, she is a Thai and supposedly knows what to look for, but who knows

6 minutes ago, pazienza said:

I've found a place i'm very interested in about 650m from BTS Ekkamai (37sq.m and a 2013 development) for ~3m - although there are a few other places further down the BTS line (Phra Khanong onwards) with (shoebox ~28sq.m) sized studios. Away from the BTS there is a lot for sale in Suapalai Park Asoke-Ratchada (MRT Rama 9) but I'm not a big fan of huge high rise condominiums.

My aunt owns a nice condo at the far end of Sukhumvit Soi 4 (no giggling at the back), she thinks that one of the old Saranjai Mansion condos down Sukhumvit 6 Alley could be good (they are available from ~2.7m upwards), but they look ancient to me, and although very close to Nana BTS the area isn't really my bag. But, she is a Thai and supposedly knows what to look for, but who knows

Looks like Sarajai Mansion units are renting for 11K...

16 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Looks like Sarajai Mansion units are renting for 11K...

Yep, not sure if that' a reflection of the current rental/covid situation, the age of the condo or a mix of both.

And without trying to stereotype, I have a picture in my mind of what the neighbours might be like ????

53 minutes ago, pazienza said:

Soon there is a new park on the end of Soi 4 which used to be the Tabaco Monopoly. I am sure that will attract people to that area.

A friend used to live in Saranja in Soi 6 until about 10 years ago. At that time already the place looked run down. I.e. they used only lights on every 2nd floor and when one of those was broken there were 3 floors in a row with no lights. In theory the open floors (exposed to nature) could be nice. But it doesn't feel nice. If that place didn't improve significantly in the last 10 years then better avoid it.

On 7/14/2021 at 7:54 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Soon there is a new park on the end of Soi 4 which used to be the Tabaco Monopoly. I am sure that will attract people to that area.

A friend used to live in Saranja in Soi 6 until about 10 years ago. At that time already the place looked run down. I.e. they used only lights on every 2nd floor and when one of those was broken there were 3 floors in a row with no lights. In theory the open floors (exposed to nature) could be nice. But it doesn't feel nice. If that place didn't improve significantly in the last 10 years then better avoid it.

Which would make renting a good way to go especially if the rent is only 11,000 baht.  Might get a bit of a discount off of that too.