Thailand reports new daily record of COVID-19 cases

Jonathan Fairfield

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

I guess it does away with the need for road blocks and manpower? 

Has there been any clarification as to what constitutes "necessary" travel?  As the motorways are remaining open during the day, presumably it will be at the discretion of whoever are staffing the checkpoints.  Hopefully the checkpoints will be before you pay the motorway toll!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

If you're looking for optimism, don't read this Forum!

Oh we are all optimists in our own way, now whether that optimism is shared by others...well thats a different story, but when it comes to Covid we also see it in our own ways and many of us to agree.  For those that do not see it the same way we try very hard to agree to disagree.  Right now I am not overly optimistic that this government can get a grip on this spread based upon the way they have rolled out semi-restriction s in some places, while others are close to being a type of semi restricted lockdown.  By the way @brewsterbudgenhow are the closures in Bangkok by the Central group going to affect your working from the office?

3 hours ago, Macrohistory said:

Here's what it actually says:

mask_exercise_indoor_ok.jpeg?sfvrsn=a7e7

My wife likes me to wear my mask even when I am biking alone. I have tried it a few times and it really does interfere with breathing that is obviously more intense that resting breathing. I put it back on when I stop and if possibly contacting anyone. I am satisfied and confident I am doing the right thing

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, fleccer said:

infected doesn't mean being sick, as a matter of fact the hospitals are empty

Yes of course , it's time for the Thais to learn to live with the virus, you cannot stop the wind by hands

Stop making things up

Thailand faces hospital bed shortage amid 3rd COVID wave

A third wave of COVID-19 cases characterized by fierce new variants is threatening to inundate Thailand's health care system, with hospitals facing bed shortages and medical authorities considering home isolation for asymptomatic cases.

Thai health care officials are scrambling to deal with emerging COVID clusters throughout the country. Several major public hospitals as well as large medical universities in Bangkok have stopped testing for the disease because they are running out of beds.

https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Coronavirus/Thailand-faces-hospital-bed-shortage-amid-3rd-COVID-wave

3 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Former red-shirt leader Nattawut Saikua has just posted on Facebook that he has tested positive for #COVID19. “I was vaccinated with 1 dose of AstraZeneca vaccine on 8th June. On 8th July I went to test for COVID-19. I was told a moment ago that I have tested positive.”

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1413867805661798400

And what are you trying to say with this post ??? Fully vaccinated people with the best vaccine there is can still get infected and pass it on . The thing is that vaccination will decrease the risk of hospitalization or death . 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Oh we are all optimists in our own way, now whether that optimism is shared by others...well thats a different story, but when it comes to Covid we also see it in our own ways and many of us to agree.  For those that do not see it the same way we try very hard to agree to disagree.  Right now I am not overly optimistic that this government can get a grip on this spread based upon the way they have rolled out semi-restriction s in some places, while others are close to being a type of semi restricted lockdown.  By the way @brewsterbudgenhow are the closures in Bangkok by the Central group going to affect your working from the office?

@ThailandRyanMy office is accessed by a separate entrance/lift, so we can continue working.  However, it seems that the entire 6th and 7th floors of Centralworld will be open anyway, as the supermarket, food-court and restaurants do not have to close (obviously takeaway only).  I've also read that banks and mobile phone stores do not have to close so it could mean that the whole mall is open, but just all stores except those allowed to open, are closed.  I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Edited by brewsterbudgen

2 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

I think he is referring to UK hospitals being empty…..which is also totally false. They might not be overwhelmed, but they are not empty of Covid cases.

If he was referring to UK hospitals he could have posted that, but then this is a Thailand Covid forum and what happens in the UK other than statistical studies on the vaccines is really irrelevant. 

• Like 2

Just now, Nanaplaza666 said:

And what are you trying to say with this post ??? Fully vaccinated people with the best vaccine there is can still get infected and pass it on . The thing is that vaccination will decrease the risk of hospitalization or death . 

another one..............oh dear

the point being that even though you've had one shot of vaccine you still need take a great deal of care. However the point is now also being made by the media, which also mentions about another high profile MP who this time had both shots of Sinovac and tested positive

Nattawut, MP Nattacha test positive for Covid-19 despite vaccine jabs

Former red-shirt leader Nattawut Saikuar on Saturday said he had tested positive for Covid-19.

In his Facebook post, he said he received the first AstraZeneca jab on June 8 this year. He apologised to people who had been in contact with him so far.

"I will contact the public health agency to receive medical treatment," he said.

Earlier, Move Forward Party MP Nattacha Boonchaiinsawat said on his Facebook page that he has been infected with Covid-19.

He said he had received two doses of the Sinovac vaccine, claiming that he had always complied with measures to contain the spread of Covid-19.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40003089

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

I think he is referring to UK hospitals being empty…..which is also totally false. They might not be overwhelmed, but they are not empty of Covid cases.

Thanks for the correction.

9 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Stop making things up

Thailand faces hospital bed shortage amid 3rd COVID wave

A third wave of COVID-19 cases characterized by fierce new variants is threatening to inundate Thailand's health care system, with hospitals facing bed shortages and medical authorities considering home isolation for asymptomatic cases.

Thai health care officials are scrambling to deal with emerging COVID clusters throughout the country. Several major public hospitals as well as large medical universities in Bangkok have stopped testing for the disease because they are running out of beds.

https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Coronavirus/Thailand-faces-hospital-bed-shortage-amid-3rd-COVID-wave

I see that you were referring to the UK.  Even there hospital admissions are rising:

Britain's Covid hospitalisations rise 57 per cent and cases jump 30 per cent week-on-week to 32,367 - as medics warn life should NOT return to normal on July 19 and Boris prepares to 'curb  freedom rhetoric'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9775903/Covid-hospitalisations-rise-57-cent-cases-jump-30-cent-week-week.html

• Like 2

Today there are 86 deaths in #Thailand

48 males & 38 females

4 foreigners died

Median age is 64.5 (36-94 years)

Most deaths in Bangkok (39) and Samut Prakan (16)

31 infected from family members

35 died in less than 6 days of diagnosis

2 died at home

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1414098612062015493

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

@ThailandRyanMy office is accessed by a separate entrance/lift, so we can continue working.  However, it seems that the entire 6th and 7th floors of Centralworld will be open anyway, as the supermarket, food-court and restaurants do not have to close (obviously takeaway only).  I've also read that banks and mobile phone stores do not have to close so it could mean that the whole mall is open, but just all stores except those allowed to open, are closed.  I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

That is what it does sound like in reading Centrals press release, so basically it is the same as when they shut last year and we could still access Tops and Gourmet Markets to shop in person if needed.  I remember that the restaurants all set up desks on the main floor in one central area so you could order from their location and then wait in chairs until your order was delivered to take away.  Stay safe, I know that many families have already left and taken up residence outside of Bangkok towards Pattaya, Hua Hin, Jomtien and Rayong for at least the next month.  My neighbor here in our condo took the wife and his best friend (Rexxx the Malinois) with him and headed to Trat for the next month.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, fleccer said:

infected doesn't mean being sick, as a matter of fact the hospitals are empty

Yes of course , it's time for the Thais to learn to live with the virus, you cannot stop the wind by hands

If you are suggesting that Thailand let the virus run free, then deaths here would far eclipse the 127,000 who died in the UK.

1 hour ago, James105 said:

We are a year and a half into this pandemic.  If an infected person can infect another person so easily from breathing in their vicinity of up to a metre or two, why is it that the test to see if you have covid needs to be a swab up the nose almost reaching the brain cavity and then sent to a lab for analysis?   Isn't it about time we should be able to breath or cough onto a stick, plug it into some kind of handheld machine and get an immediate result of the presence of covid?  

Just thinking aloud, not expecting an answer.  

Belgium company has realised this!

1 hour ago, Marvin Hagler said:

How does that relate to the Delta variant that did t even exist when this study was completed?

I guess it's because exercise isn't a vaccine so it's highly unlikely that it was generating antibodies to specific varieties of any various. More about increasing the aerobic capacity of the lungs and heart so they can sustain more damage and still function adequately.

15 minutes ago, anchadian said:

New highs:

In care

ICU

Ventilators

#COVID19 update in #Thailand on Sunday: Since 1 April

307,508 people infected (+18 imported and +9,521 local cases)

2,617 dead +86

85,689 in care

2,783 in ICU and 728 on ventilators

4,053 discharged from care

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1414096122511953920

For the “hospitals are full” crowd, some 3,000+ net admissions yesterday (7,113 total with 4,053 discharges), so 3,000 more people were squeezed into the hospital system. 

Of course, this is not sustainable. And I am not saying that these people are now in appropriate levels of care.

3 days ago, people here were saying that hospitals were full, but that was 10,000 net admissions ago.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

There are 32,000+ people in the UK who are newly infected, and who may disagree with you. 

Covid to get worse before it gets better, doctors warn

But, other than a crazy rant, what is your point? To tell people in Thailand to ignore the virus? 

I don't think his point is to tell people to ignore the virus but to tell people that when fully vaccinated(with the good vaccines ofcourse not the chinese shait)will get this country closer to reopening and getting back to some kind of normal . In the Uk 32.000 new infected but how many hospitalized or die ?? Hospital beds stay empty and IC's getting emptier . Same as in the netherlands they opened up and now there where festivals and parties in clubs where everyone needed to prove being vaccinated or test amd the nr's of infections went up massively (duh,ofcourse they go up if mass testing starts again) but most of these posetives are young people in there 20ties and 30ties and they feel sick for 1 day and thats it nothing severe . 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

I don't think his point is to tell people to ignore the virus but to tell people that when fully vaccinated(with the good vaccines ofcourse not the chinese shait)will get this country closer to reopening and getting back to some kind of normal . In the Uk 32.000 new infected but how many hospitalized or die ?? Hospital beds stay empty and IC's getting emptier . Same as in the netherlands they opened up and now there where festivals and parties in clubs where everyone needed to prove being vaccinated or test amd the nr's of infections went up massively (duh,ofcourse they go up if mass testing starts again) but most of these posetives are young people in there 20ties and 30ties and they feel sick for 1 day and thats it nothing severe . 

Hospitals in the UK are beginning to fill up again.

But the UK has many vaccinated people, whereas Thailand does not, so what is his point?