Watch Out For This Bus Scam

Weho

Well after a trip to the big Smoke yesterday i took some pics that may help some, maybe not

anyway when you get to Ekkamai bus terminal, go inside on the right hand side and you will see window #1, yesterday ticket was 117baht

ticketsfd9.th.jpg

Then go out the back to bus stop one to catch the first class bus, your bus will have ป1 on it and only be white with blue stripe, also number 48-xx, 48 is the route and xx is the bus number as shown on your ticket.

bus1ln2.th.jpg

If you see people standing out the front next to a bus like this its the 2nd class bus, it stops a lot, around 5 hour trip be warned, i think they put the class 2 pattaya bus outside like this just for that reason, all other class 2 buses depart from the rear.

class2alu0.th.jpg

Here it is again Class two bus, marked with an orange stripe as well as blue

class2fv2.th.jpg

I really appreciate you posting photos to make it crystal clear which bus not to take.

On the one occasion I caught a bus back to Pattaya, that was the one I caught. No one would consider it a mistake first time there. You see a bus ready to leave with "Pattaya" posted in the window so it's an obvious choice unless you know better.

On my trip it took about 3 hours and I had absolutely no idea it was the wrong bus. After the trip, a friend told me I took the slow bus, but I would have had to wait for 30 minutes for the 1st class bus so there wasn't much difference in travel time in the end.