How Thai government’s management of COVID crisis may land it in hot soup

webfact

11 minutes ago, Epidemiologist Dave said:

If the Thai people do 'boil over' it will not be like Myanmar because of the number of guns in the hands of non military Thai people. Also how many of the Thai military conscripts will support the army?

Didn't seem to help them back in 2014 when this lot took power after the Thai people 'boiled over'.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, mrfill said:

Didn't seem to help them back in 2014 when this lot took power after the Thai people 'boiled over'.

In 2014 it was a relatively small percentage of one particular political party who were involved in Bangkok.

I believe another insurrection would be on a much larger scale and pitted against a very different army to Myanmar.

• Like 1

Given their competence levels running the government, you'ld have to wonder how the senior brass would go in an actual real shooting war against a modern foreign military ...

Much like 1941-44 I suspect.

6 minutes ago, Epidemiologist Dave said:

In 2014 it was a relatively small percentage of one particular political party who were involved in Bangkok.

I believe another insurrection would be on a much larger scale and pitted against a very different army to Myanmar.

The last example, rather like that, which comes to mind is Libya. And that hasn't turned out well.

How Thai government’s management of COVID crisis may land it in hot soup

Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun.
-Mao Zedong

The current regime has all the guns and power. 
Explain to the commoners how "Thai governments management of COVID crisis may land it in hot soup."

That's right.  It does not.  Nothing changes.  Go back to watching your Thai soap operas and Lakhon.

44 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

Given their competence levels running the government, you'ld have to wonder how the senior brass would go in an actual real shooting war against a modern foreign military ...

Much like 1941-44 I suspect.

You just show deference to the occupying forces then claim you've never been occupied by a foreign invader.  That's how its down ppls.

• Haha 1

check out the movie on netflix that i moved to "all movies or tv shows in one place.

"what movies or tv shows are you watching(2021)

i never bash Thailand or the people.

i merely comment and expand on its bizarre fetish for relentless self-inflected harm.

All this talk, and no mRNA Covid-19 vaccines actually ordered yet.

Talk about the corruption / mismanagement and criminal levels, talk about "talks" with Pfizer / Moderna companies, talk from the Thai Lawyer group to help sue the Gov, talk from Thai doctor groups, setup online portals to have people pay and get a reservation slot and still no western vaccines ordered yet.  The months just drag on with all this talk!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, HaoleBoy said:

All this talk, and no mRNA Covid-19 vaccines actually ordered yet.

Talk about the corruption / mismanagement and criminal levels, talk about "talks" with Pfizer / Moderna companies, talk from the Thai Lawyer group to help sue the Gov, talk from Thai doctor groups, setup online portals to have people pay and get a reservation slot and still no western vaccines ordered yet.  The months just drag on with all this talk!

But the true talk of medical personnel dying is growing.  Saw that a beloved, and fairly young Samut Sakhon doctor succumbed to the virus he was working so hard to keep others from dying from, sad, just very sad and my condolences go out to his family and the others who are loosing loved ones who have been vaccinated like he was.  Yes we know that vaccines are not the save all, but they were said to keep one from getting severely ill.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Epidemiologist Dave said:

If the Thai people do 'boil over' it will not be like Myanmar because of the number of guns in the hands of non military Thai people. Also how many of the Thai military conscripts will support the army?

you really have a vivid imagination ... don't you  

• Sad 1