Confused about the new rules, What can be open or not?

Eaglekott

Hi

I'm a but confused by these new rules. They do not allow groups of more that 5 people and some say that means we can not be 6 people in my office. Our office is huge and has 4 floors. On bottom floor there is usually 3 girls working and two from the same family, then there is one person sitting on each floor. I would not call that a group of more than 5. But some claims it is.

Also is shopping malls open? Like Tesco Lotus on Rama 1, I drive there for shopping some times, are they now open so I can? They do not answer the phone number we find on the web. 

Our close Fresh market seams closed, do they have be?

3 minutes ago, peterrabbit said:

I thought the government had mandated that everyone who can must work from home. So why is your office still open?

No, groups of up to 5 people working is fine.  Most offices in central Bangkok where I work don't seem much less busy than usual.

15 minutes ago, peterrabbit said:

I thought the government had mandated that everyone who can must work from home. So why is your office still open?

Every that CAN is encouraged to work from home. We can not.

Edited by Eaglekott
  • Like 1

Malls are supposed to be closed but restaurants in malls are open for take out/delivery. Supermarkets in malls are open but close early. They usually rope off the areas in Tesco where you might buy say sandals, shirts, ect.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mrwebb8825 said:

My wife has warned me to not go out at all (I don't currently work) because there's some kind of reward money for Thais turning in foreigners for being out and about in BKK right now. She's a social media addict so I tend to heed her warnings.

You heard of Dog The Bounty Hunter?

Now, it's Somchai....

*Laughing emoji*

To address your post: No, there isn't.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mrwebb8825 said:

My wife has warned me to not go out at all (I don't currently work) because there's some kind of reward money for Thais turning in foreigners for being out and about in BKK right now. She's a social media addict so I tend to heed her warnings.

Thanks fort the tip!  I'll watch out on my daily walk into work!

On 7/14/2021 at 6:28 AM, faraday said:

You heard of Dog The Bounty Hunter?

Now, it's Somchai....

*Laughing emoji*

To address your post: No, there isn't.

You've heard of not insulting my wife? After 17 years of marriage and her "insider" knowledge of all things Thai you'll forgive me if I disregard you as a putz.

As also mentioned, I don't currently work so don't have that reason to be out and about during this new panic period.