Brit accused of murdering Thai woman finally extradited from Spain to 'face justice'

snoop1130

6 hours ago, mikosan said:

To cover those points and more would require a proper and thorough investigation.  I doubt that has happened.  That said, I imagine they would have to provide enough evidence for a prima facie case.

As some posters have pointed out, most of the questions I posed (and several more) have already been answered sometime in the past. It's just that these details were not included in the Mirror article.

So, yes, if there is DNA evidence, if the suspect and the victim (still alive at that time) traveled to Kanchanaburi together, and if the stones used to weigh down the dismembered body were indeed purchased by the suspect, the entire picture changes.

I think there is now definitely a case. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

As some posters have pointed out, most of the questions I posed (and several more) have already been answered sometime in the past. It's just that these details were not included in the Mirror article.

So, yes, if there is DNA evidence, if the suspect and the victim (still alive at that time) traveled to Kanchanaburi together, and if the stones used to weigh down the dismembered body were indeed purchased by the suspect, the entire picture changes.

I think there is now definitely a case. 

There is no information in the public domain that they travelled to Kanchanburi,

It is known that Looker hired a minivan to go to Hua Hin at 09:30 am on the 2nd November. (not stated if the victim travelled to hua hin).

Looker allegedly got out the Van at a department store Petchaburi

Edited by cleopatra2

10 hours ago, mvdf said:

There must have been overwhelmingly convincing evidence as Spain and the Strasbourg court would otherwise not have agreed to the extradition. The EU is notoriously restrictive on extraditions to non-EU countries.

I totally agree with you

11 hours ago, mvdf said:

There must have been overwhelmingly convincing evidence as Spain and the Strasbourg court would otherwise not have agreed to the extradition. The EU is notoriously restrictive on extraditions to non-EU countries.

The Strasbourg court rejected his appeal on the basis that Looker had not completed all the domestic  appeals available.

There was a report that they were seen together in Kanchanaburi. 

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/30317647

Shane Looker was wanted in connection with the death of Laxami after security camera footage showed her leaving a bar zone in Bangkok with a "male foreigner" on the evening of November 1, 2014, and both got into a taxi to Kanchanaburi.

27 minutes ago, robblok said:

There was a report that they were seen together in Kanchanaburi. 

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/30317647

Shane Looker was wanted in connection with the death of Laxami after security camera footage showed her leaving a bar zone in Bangkok with a "male foreigner" on the evening of November 1, 2014, and both got into a taxi to Kanchanaburi.

That was the police initial thinking. However at the time the police was unaware of the hire of the minivan on 2nd November.

The going to Kanchanaburi by taxi on the night of 1st or 2nd November looks wrong based on the minivan drivers statement that Looker disembarked with a red suitcase similar to the one found with the victim. 

36 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

That was the police initial thinking. However at the time the police was unaware of the hire of the minivan on 2nd November.

The going to Kanchanaburi by taxi on the night of 1st or 2nd November looks wrong based on the minivan drivers statement that Looker disembarked with a red suitcase similar to the one found with the victim. 

I havent found that report, that is pretty damming if he disembarked with a red suitcase like the one the victim was found in.

Must say that is one daring action (if true) going by taxi with a body in a suitcase. 

Do you have a link ?

37 minutes ago, robblok said:

I havent found that report, that is pretty damming if he disembarked with a red suitcase like the one the victim was found in.

Must say that is one daring action (if true) going by taxi with a body in a suitcase. 

Do you have a link ?

You need to read the thai press , manager online.

He still needs to be placed going to or in Kanchanaburi.

2 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

How so ? you just said that a taxi driver said he disembarked with a suitcase like tht. Was that somewhere else then ?

The evidence is probably something as simple as a blood stained hotel room . When you cut up a body it’s not like you can do it out in the street . As we all know his passport was probably used when he booked the room . The quote ‘we are going to get justice for our people ‘ tells me he is 100% going to be found guilty and no chance of a fair trial . 

Edited by chrisandsu

Lets hope once they have asked him more questions the police are able to find more video proof to determine if the 2 love-birds went into some location (like hotel) and she never returned - I just cannot see the thai police prosecuting this guy (is the brit embassy advocates involved ? as well) unless the thai police have definite proof he was the last person to have seen her, video footage of the both of them entering a location and video footage of him leaving the same location alone with the suitcase in his hands and as well a video of her leaving alone would exonerate him.... jus sayin....

29 minutes ago, chrisandsu said:

The evidence is probably something as simple as a blood stained hotel room . When you cut up a body it’s not like you can do it out in the street . As we all know his passport was probably used when he booked the room . The quote ‘we are going to get justice for our people ‘ tells me he is 100% going to be found guilty and no chance of a fair trial . 

agreed, if he did anything in his hotel room and they truly have forensic evidence and not just some cleaning maid or security guard testimony then the man is as good as convicted before he landed back in Thailand

• Like 1

Well rats.  It seems that some posters do not realize that their DNA is unique to them.  If this duds DNA was found

on the dead woman, well that is pretty good evidence that the pair were together and is good evidence against

the Brit.  Glad that he was finally located and will get justice somewhere for his crime.

Geezer

10 hours ago, chrisandsu said:

The body was not cut into pieces.

The victim was stuffed into the suitcase.

3 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Well rats.  It seems that some posters do not realize that their DNA is unique to them.  If this duds DNA was found

on the dead woman, well that is pretty good evidence that the pair were together and is good evidence against

the Brit.  Glad that he was finally located and will get justice somewhere for his crime.

Geezer

Looker does not deny being with the victim.

On 7/13/2021 at 12:27 AM, scubascuba3 said:

i wonder why he is being "uncooperative" personally this case is very fishy, he allegedly just meets this girl then kills and dismembers her, what's the motive? most likely a jealous ex boyfriend involved

One of my friend's lived close to this guy. The story is quite complex. He returned to hua Hin after the alleged murder where he had a house and some look alike had been arrested but was released after cc footage was viewed. He then disappeared, he was known to live in Spain and was well known to police, Interpol never got him. 

I think there may be more than one involved but we will have to wait for the case to develop to see what picture comes out. I thought he would never be seen again in Los. 

14 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Story sounds daft, you'd have to be the stupidest person in the world to kill someone and use your suitcase and put rocks in you bought, also knowing police love CCTV as it's so easy to check. Some people are so gullible

What is more gullible is to total disbelief your displaying. Perhaps as its one of your kind. You really think that multiple courts in Europe would extradite him based on flimsy evidence. Says a lot about you. Judging from your armchair without having seen what judges have seen, thinking they are incompetent and dont understand Thailand.

Anyway who says murderers are smart, the crime might have happened in a moment of rage and then he had to deal with it. Lots of stress not clear thinking. I bet after the trail if he is convicted you will say its a fake trial. Some people are impossible to convince.

Edited by robblok
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, cleopatra2 said:

The thing is how he got to Kanchanaburi on a bike allegedly, and then to Hua Hin to his house, and then disappeared out of the  country without trace. 

Then their is the motive, he would have needed help or another passport he was a known criminal. 

When and if a motive surfaces, I would hazard a guess that drugs may be involved and some sort of rip off, but purely speculative. 

5 minutes ago, kiwikeith said:

The thing is how he got to Kanchanaburi on a bike allegedly, and then to Hua Hin to his house, and then disappeared out of the  country without trace. 

Then their is the motive, he would have needed help or another passport he was a known criminal. 

When and if a motive surfaces, I would hazard a guess that drugs may be involved and some sort of rip off, but purely speculative. 

Ok. 

We have a witness placing him at Phetchaburi on Nov 2nd.

I have not seen the travel to Kanchanaburi reported. When was this journey made.

On 7/13/2021 at 4:50 PM, robblok said:

Right if this was about easy targets why choose someone who has fled and that it brings a lot of work and attention to the Thai police. So this guy certainly was no easy target. Many courts wanted him extradited as they saw enough proof. But he kept appealing. Finally there were no more appeals. So don't forget not just 1 court but many thought it was enough evidence.

Plus your easy target makes no sense in this case as they had to do a lot more work on this one. Easy would have been to let him go. Its not as if the parents of the bar girl had influence. So no pressure on them. Pretty sure that they have good evidence else they would not go through all this trouble for someone without influence or financial gain.

Maybe a rat knows someone of influence that may be involved, so they need to convict.whatever the case may be, someone helped someone dissappear across the southern border. 

5 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Geezer

Tell that to the two Burmese that were convicted of the murders on Koh Tao after DNA evidence was found. Results came back within 6 hours (impossible) and written down on a scrap bit of paper. Result? Guilty. Lucky there was no remaining DNA evidence left to confirm the initial results. Phew.

4 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Tell that to the two Burmese that were convicted of the murders on Koh Tao after DNA evidence was found. Results came back within 6 hours (impossible) and written down on a scrap bit of paper. Result? Guilty. Lucky there was no remaining DNA evidence left to confirm the initial results. Phew.

So your saying it was printed on a scrap of paper hand written and send to the judges and they did not comment. This is just a red herring. Judges have looked at the evidence (multiple) and they don't like extraditing people. So the evidence has to be strong. 

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Story sounds daft, you'd have to be the stupidest person in the world to kill someone and use your suitcase and put rocks in you bought, also knowing police love CCTV as it's so easy to check. Some people are so gullible

So how would you get a new suitcase ? I mean buy it someone will remember too even if its 2nd hand. So tell me how would you get a suitcase without anyone knowing. I mean they found out about the stones too. 

1 hour ago, cleopatra2 said:

The body was not cut into pieces.

The victim was stuffed into the suitcase.

A murder investigation was launched after Laxami's dismembered body was found stuffed into a suitcase dumped in a river 95 miles away in Kanchanaburi province on November 9.

Full Story: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/brit-accused-murdering-thai-woman-24513691

dismembered ……

7 minutes ago, robblok said:

So your saying it was printed on a scrap of paper hand written and send to the judges and they did not comment. This is just a red herring. Judges have looked at the evidence (multiple) and they don't like extraditing people. So the evidence has to be strong. 

Extradition hearings are not about the veracity of the prosecuting evidence.

Spain has set laws on when extradition can be enforced. Guilt or innocence is not a factor.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chrisandsu said:

A murder investigation was launched after Laxami's dismembered body was found stuffed into a suitcase dumped in a river 95 miles away in Kanchanaburi province on November 9.

Full Story: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/brit-accused-murdering-thai-woman-24513691

dismembered ……

The mirror article has basic facts wrong. The body was discovered on the 6th November not as claimed in the article on the 9th.

The corpse was still wearing clothes. I cannot find any initial report stating the body was dismembered . The first reports only state the victim was stuffed into the suitcase.